Do you see yourself as a Executive Sous Chef - InterContinental Los Angeles ?
What's your passion? Whether you're into sports, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team. This challenging position has overall responsibility for supervising day-to-day activities of the Sous Chef and other culinary personnel to achieve compliance in food preparations, presentation and quality.
Supervise day-to-day activities of the Sous Chefs and other culinary personnel to achieve compliance in food preparations, presentation, and quality. Assist with employee training and scheduling. Adhere to federal, state and local regulations concerning health, safety, or other compliance requirements, as well as brand standards and local policies and procedures. Serve as Executive Chef in his/her absence.
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts® we want our guests to feel special, cosmopolitan and In the Know which means we need you to:
• Be charming by being approachable, having confidence and showing respect.
• Stay in the moment by understanding and anticipating guests' needs, being attentive and taking ownership
of getting things done.
• Make it memorable by being knowledgeable, sharing stories and showing your style to create moments that make people feel special.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Oversee methods of preparation, portion sizes, and timeliness of food preparation; control food usage to minimize waste.
• Assist the Executive Chef in creating and testing new recipes and maintaining updated and accurate documentation and costing of all dishes prepared and sold in the food and beverage facilities.
• Maintain procedures to (1) ensure the security and proper storage of food and beverage products, kitchen inventory and equipment, (2) replenish supplies, inventory, uniforms, etc. in a timely and efficient manner, and (3) to minimize waste and control costs.
• Recommend and initiate salary, disciplinary, or other staffing/human resources - related actions in accordance with company rules and policies. Alert management of potentially serious issues.
• Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include Sales and Marketing, Catering, Banquets, Maintenance, and Guest Services. Assist sales, catering, and banquet staffs with banquets, parties and other special events.
• Interact with outside contacts:
o Guests - to ensure their total satisfaction
o Vendors - to order supplies and equipment and ensure best prices and quality
o Health Department and other regulatory agencies - regarding safety matters and kitchen inspections
• Review the following day's menus and complete requisitions for food and supplies needed from various storerooms; maintain inventory control procedures. Assist with the regular inventory of food and kitchen supplies; order items as necessary to mai ntain adequate inventory levels.
• Assist in developing new menus and concepts to keep up with business and industry trends.
• Supervise of day-to-day operations and assignments of the culinary staff, communicate goals, and assign/schedule work. Assist with the communication and enforcement of formal policies and procedures.
• Assist the Executive Chef in determining the minimum and maximum stocks of all food, material and equipment.
• Ensure that all kitchen equipment, including but not limited to sinks, stoves, grills, hoods, coolers, freezers, etc., are in proper operational condition and are cleaned on a regular basis. Ensure that all kitchen areas and related storerooms are cleaned, mopped, and properly stocked according to anticipated business volume and in accordance with sanitation and health department requirements. Notify Engineering immediately of any maintenance and repair needs.
• May serve as Manager on Duty or perform other duties as assigned.
Supervises culinary employees in a large full-service, luxury, or resort hotel with multiple major food and beverage outlets, and banquet facilities catering to more than 500 people.
***Competitive Salary***<br><br> Completion of a high school diploma or equivalent, and three years of experience as a chef, or equivalent combination of education and culinary/kitchen operations experience. Degree or certificate in culinary arts preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
• Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
• Moving about the kitchen
• Handling food, objects, products and utensils
• Bending, stooping, kneeling
• Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with guests, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company..
• Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when completing paperwork and management reports, ordering and receiving inventory, and giving and receiving instructions.
• Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are utilized frequently.
• Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often.
• Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local or state government agency.
Must have the legal right to work in this country
Relocation support is NOT provided for this role
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans