Do you see yourself as an Assistant Food and Beverage Director ?
What's your passion? Whether you're into reading, surfing or skate boarding, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
Assist with managing the food and beverage operations of the hotel to ensure the achievement of established food and beverage quality and guest service quality standards and departmental revenue and profit goals. Adhere to federal, state and local regulations concerning health, safety, or other compliance requirements, as well as brand standards and local policies and procedures. Serve as Director of Food and Beverage in his/her absence.
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts® we want our guests to feel special, cosmopolitan and In the Know which means we need you to:
• Be charming by being approachable, having confidence and showing respect.
• Stay in the moment by understanding and anticipating guests' needs, being attentive and taking ownership
of getting things done.
• Make it memorable by being knowledgeable, sharing stories and showing your style to create moments that make people feel special.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage the activities of assigned staff, ensure proper coverage, communicate goals, and assign/prioritize work. Communicate and enforce policies and procedures with all staff.
• Monitor food and beverage sales and costs, and departmental profitability, against goals within assigned areas of the food and beverage department. Provide input into the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget as required.
• Monitor and maintain procedures to (1) ensure the security and proper storage of food and beverage products, inventory, and equipment, (2) ensure the security of monies, credit and financial transactions, (3) replenish supplies, inventory, uniforms, etc. in a timely and efficient manner, and (4) minimize waste and pilferage.
• Recommend and/or initiate salary, disciplinary, or other staffing/human resources-related actions in accordance with company rules and policies. Alert Director of Food and Beverage of potentially serious issues.
• Ensure all staff is properly trained on quality and service standards and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their job functions.
• Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include Sales and Marketing, Catering, Rooms, Housekeeping, Maintenance and Guest Services.
• Interact with outside contacts:
o Guests - to ensure their total satisfaction
o Vendors - to ensure adequate inventory of supplies and equipment, to discuss pricing or service issues, to resolve any vendor performance issues, etc.
o Regulatory agencies - regarding safety and compliance matters
o Other contacts as needed (professional organizations, community groups, local media)
o May serve as Manager on Duty or assist with other duties as assigned.
• Conduct inventory according to established procedures and timeframes as assigned. Assist with determining minimum and maximum stocks for all food, beverage, material, and equipment.
• Ensure that all food and beverage equipment, including but not limited to sinks, hoods, coolers, freezers, etc., are in proper operational condition and are cleaned on a regular basis. Ensure that all food and beverage facilities including banquet/convention space are cleaned, vacuumed, and properly stocked according to anticipated business volume. Notify Engineering immediately of any maintenance and repair needs.
• Assist with the development and implementation of local food and beverage marketing programs for the hotel; support system-wide food and beverage marketing programs and promotions. May participate in menu design and concepts with Director of Food and Beverage.
This job is second in command in a large full-service, luxury or resort hotel. Assists in supervising a large number of employees in multiple major food and beverage outlets and kitchens, and high volume banquet and convention facilities that cater to more than 500 people, and a large number of VIP and key guests. May have responsibility for evening, weekend and/or a section of operations.
***Competitive Salary***<br><br> Some college or advanced training in food and beverage operations plus 2 years related experience preferably in a facility of similar size and complexity, including supervisory experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor's degree in Hotel Management, culinary arts, or related field preferred. Must speak fluent English.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
• Moving about the facilities
• Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
• Handling food, objects, products, and utensils
• Bending, stooping, kneeling
• Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with guests, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company..
• Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when completing paperwork and management reports, interpreting results, giving and receiving instructions, and training.
• Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are utilized frequently.
• Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often.
• Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local or state government agency.
• May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
Must have the legal right to work in this country
Relocation support is NOT provided for this role
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans