Senior Manager, Technical Accounting
10 Nov 2016
Join our family of talented individuals from around the world who work together to send people on the vacations of their dreams!
As the world's largest provider of professionally managed, unique vacation accommodations, Wyndham Destination Network comprises more than 110,000 properties in over 100 countries - from houseboats and cottages to rental homes and timeshare resorts. Our portfolio consists of a collection of renowned brands including RCI®, The Registry Collection®, Wyndham Vacation Rentals, Hoseasons, Landal GreenParks, Novasol, cottages.com and James Villa Holidays. Last year, Wyndham Destination Network sent more than 10 million people on dream vacations.
Explore the many opportunities available at Wyndham Destination Network to further your career and become part of a company ranked as a great place to work!
Provide timely, thorough and accurate accounting guidance on a broad range of technical accounting subject matter to business units within multi-national Wyndham Destination Network ("WDN") operating segment. Apply business acumen and broad and deep knowledge of US GAAP accounting guidance across a variety of subjects to develop logical and well-supported conclusions for consideration, even when guidance is ambiguous or unclear, and communicate such conclusions via written or verbal communication to management. Oversee or perform accounting due diligence on potential acquisitions with limited oversight. Provide training on a variety of accounting subjects to business units from time to time.
Support business units on a variety of US GAAP technical accounting questions, projects, and reviews
- Provide proactive and consultative support to business units on a variety of technical accounting questions, projects, and reviews for a variety of transactions including, but not limited to, revenue recognition, acquisitions/dispositions, new strategic affiliations, new products and leases by applying business acumen and broad and deep US GAAP accounting knowledge and research skills , even when guidance may be ambiguous or unclear
- Develop logical and well-supported conclusions which balance technical accounting guidance with what makes sense for the business and communicate such conclusions via written or verbal communication to management.
- Support WDN's ongoing implementation of FASB ASC 606, Revenue from Contracts with Customers by evaluating the new standard, assessing current policies/procedures and related customer contracts, identifying gaps in policies and procedures between the current standard and the new standard, and assisting with the development, documentation, and implementation of new policies and processes to meet the new standard where required
Collaborate with members of the Global Technical Accounting, Global Corporate and Strategic Development, Global Consolidations and Reporting, and Global Financial Planning and Analysis departments on M&A pre-acquisition due diligence and post-acquisition integration
- Oversee or perform pre-acquisition M&A accounting due diligence on small to mid-size acquisitions with limited oversight with a focus on identifying financial reporting, resource, and process constraints that are likely to pose risks during/after integration
- Work with internal and external advisors, including legal, accounting, and valuation, during pre-acquisition due diligence and post-acquisition integration to review transaction structure, provide advice on the financial statement impact of proposed acquisitions, and identify and assess potential financial reporting, resource, and process risks
- Work with Global Consolidations and Reporting and local finance teams to establish opening balance sheets including goodwill and identifying potential fair value adjustments to acquired tangible and intangible assets
Fulfill audit requests from internal and external auditors and be able to provide proper support and analyses Monitor and communicate relevant information regarding emerging accounting Prepare and facilitate training for global and business unit finance teams on current and emerging accounting standards
Basic Qualifications :
- Bachelors degree in Accounting required
- Certified Public Accountant or equivalent
- Strong command of highly technical US GAAP accounting concepts including, but not limited to, business combinations, revenue recognition, foreign currency matters, restructuring, contingencies, leases, consolidation, goodwill and other intangible assets, and debt and equity investments, with the ability to translate into layperson's terms for less technical and international audiences
- Strong communicator capable of developing strong written position papers, and delivering oral presentations to multi-national internal customer base
- Able to handle variety of responsibilities and prioritize as needed to meet key deadlines
- Able to work independently with ability to identify when escalation is appropriate
- 7 to 10 years of hands-on technical accounting experience, including 2 to 3 years in a private industry role covering a wide range of accounting topics
- Experience driving issues from inception through resolution with various levels of management and external auditors
- Strong knowledge and experience in a variety of technical accounting subject areas including: Business Combinations (ASC 805), Revenue Recognition (ASC 605, 606), Foreign Currency Matters (ASC 830), Restructuring and similar transactions (ASC 420, 712, 715), Contingencies (ASC 450), Leases (ASC 840), Consolidation (ASC 810), Intangibles (ASC 350), and Strategic Investments (ASC 320, 323, 325)
- Specific experience working with internal and external advisors including corporate development, legal, accounting, and valuation to review transaction structure and provide advice on the financial statement impact of proposed acquisitions
- Specific experience working with finance teams of newly acquired companies to establish opening balance sheets including goodwill and identifying potential fair value adjustments to acquired tangible and intangible assets
Preferred Qualifications :
- Masters degree in Accounting preferred
- Inquisitive in nature, always probing to identify the commercial sense and find the substance of each transaction encountered
- Reliable with good professional judgment and demeanor, able to gain confidence of Wyndham, global, regional and business unit finance teams
- Team-oriented with ability to build and maintain relationships with many levels and departments throughout the organization
- Able to perform under pressure in a deadline-oriented public company environment while retaining focus on work/life balance
- Strong MS PowerPoint and MS Visio skills a plus
- Experience with HFM or similar financial reporting tools a plus