Housekeeping Supervisor - Hawthorn Suites - Park Central, Dallas, TX
11 Nov 2016
As the world's largest hotel company, and a leading player in the global hospitality industry, Wyndham Hotel Group boasts 7,500 hotels and 15 brands in 70 countries-all supported by more than 7,000 associates on six continents. And we know our success is attributable to our associates, a bright, talented and diverse group of individuals who embrace our signature Count On Me! service culture and have a passion for excellence. To learn more visit us at http://www.wyndhamworldwide.com .
Hospitality and Texas charm await you when visiting our Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dallas Park Central hotel. Located in the Park Central business district, with easy access to I-635 and I-75, short-term and extended stay guests appreciate this non-smoking hotel's location in north Dallas, TX. The hotel's one- and two-bedroom suites offer everything you need: comfort, space, privacy and total connectivity with free Wi-Fi and wired Internet access.
Wyndham Hotel Group is searching for a Housekeeping Supervisor to work at our beautiful Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham property located in Dallas, TX . This position is responsible for administering and coordinating housekeeping functions in assigned sections, as well as assuming all Housekeeping Room Attendant functions. In addition to the guest rooms, the Housekeeping Supervisor will be responsible for the overall appearance of all public areas, and back of the house. The position will also oversee the Laundry.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Ensure that employees are at all times attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
- Inspect Room Attendant's work performance within assigned section on a daily basis to ensure the standards and productivity levels are being met and maintained.
- In the absence of the Operations Manager or General Manager, inspect all V.I.P. rooms and report their availability to the Front Office, according to hotel standards.
- Oversee the closing of the floors at the end of the day, ensuring the Room Attendants' carts are clean and restocked.
- Ensure records of daily assignments are completed, signed off and turned into the Front Desk on time.
- Maintain key control of all housekeepers keys.
- Handle items for "Lost and Found" according to the standards.
- Monitor cleanliness and orderliness of Room Attendants' carts, linen closets, control closets, stairways and landings.
- Oversee the daily assignment of duties, ensuring Room Attendants and House Attendants carry a work assignment.
- Carry an active pager/radio to maintain contact with the Front Office and/or Engineering throughout the shift.
- Report on progress of all out-of-order rooms under the Housekeeping Department's supervision to the Guest Services Manager, according to standards.
- Initiate work orders for repairs and maintenance and forward to the Front Desk. Follow through on each work order until completed.
- Assist with training of Housekeeping staff.
- Ensure completion of cleaning projects as required.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- Ensure that the public area is kept neat and clean at all time this includes but not limited to: Entrances, lobby, tile floors, hallway carpets, stairwells, business center, breakfast area, guest and hotel laundry areas, back of the house, business center, and fitness center.
- Understand operation of washing machines and dryers.
- Load and unload washes according to standards.
- Wash and dry all dirty linens, towels, rags, etc.
- Sort all hotel linen according to type, color, size, etc.
- Pre-treat all stained linen before washing.
- Clean dryer filter daily and maintain all equipment as trained.
- Sweep and mop laundry floors, storing all linens off the floor.
- Fold towels and linens.
- Remove and sort dirty linens and towels from laundry carts.
- Keep laundry carts clean and free of debris.
- Maintain clean work area.
- Sort clean laundry according to type and load carts
- Assist management with a monthly linen inventory.
- Before leaving, collect all trash from the service landings and take to/dispose in outside trash dumpsters, per hotel procedures.
- Vacuum guest corridors.
- Keep hallways, public areas and closets neat and organized.
- Maintain cleanliness and sanitation in public restrooms.
- Adhere to the schedule for project cleaning of public areas.
- Maintain the stairwells to hotel standards.
- Complete a weekly order sheet and give to the operations manager or general manager a list on any items that the property is low on.
- Ensure that housekeepers are completing rooms in a timely manner in accordance to established productivity levels.
Education & Experience :
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Two to three years of progressive experience in a hotel or related field preferred.
- College course work in related field helpful.
- Previous supervisory responsibility preferred.
Physical requirements :
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Wyndham Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
Wyndham Hotel Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Female/Disability/Veterans)