Director, Communications LatAmC
18 Nov 2016
Envision your career with one of the world's largest hospitality companies.
We provide a range of hospitality products and services through our global portfolio of world-renowned brands under our parent company, Wyndham Worldwide (NYSE: WYN).
Do you want to be part of a company ranked as one of the best places to work?
Wyndham Hotel Group is the world's largest hotel company based on number of hotels and is one of three hospitality business units of Wyndham Worldwide. As both a leading hotel brand franchisor and hotel management services provider, the company's global portfolio consists of nearly 8,000 properties and 678,000 rooms in 72 countries under the following brands: Dolce Hotels and Resorts ® , Wyndham Grand ® , Wyndham Hotels and Resorts ® , Wyndham Garden ® Hotels, TRYP by Wyndham ® , Wingate by Wyndham ® , Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham ® , Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham ® , Ramada ® , Baymont Inn & Suites ® , Days Inn ® , Super 8 ® , Howard Johnson ® , Travelodge® and Knights Inn ® . Wyndham Rewards, the company's guest loyalty program, offers more than 44 million members the opportunity to earn and redeem points at thousands of hotels across the world.
Reporting to the Vice President of Global Communications, and serving as an integral member of the LatAmC senior leadership team, the Director of Communications & PR will be responsible for the development of Wyndham Hotel Group's communication strategy and will contribute to Wyndham Hotel Group's organizational strategic planning process. The Director of Communications & PR will develop a world-class communications plan for Wyndham Hotel Group, directly managing communications activities that promote, enhance, and protect the organization's brand reputation. The Director of Communications & PR will be responsible for the development, integration, and implementation of a broad range of public relations activities relative to the strategic direction and positioning of the organization and its leadership. This individual will be an ambassador for the organization and will need to build relationships with the media. The goal is to advance the organization's position with relevant constituents, as well as to drive broader awareness and support for the organization. The Director of Communications & PR will be responsible for Wyndham Hotel Group's varied and integrated internal and external communications, products and services including: newsletters and other print publications; Web, E-news and other online communications; media and public relations; The role requires international travel.
- Develop and deliver a dynamic, proactive and measured communications strategy in consultation with key internal and external stakeholders to deliver the region's strategic objectives
- To be the organizational lead in the creation of external copy, the brand guardian for tone of voice for key external communications which includes proof reading, editing and approving relevant employee communications submissions.
- To manage and co-ordinate the leadership team in responding to and delivering external communications across multiple media channels and to multiple stakeholders
- Develop and deliver a dynamic, proactive PR plan in consultation with key internal stakeholders to deliver the region's strategic objectives
- Generate new PR ideas, creating high quality content, news features and press releases.
- Own and cultivate strong relationships with key local and regional media with interests Hotels, Resorts, Food, Conference & Events, People Development, Leisure & Spa, Golf, Charity, Green Initiatives & Industry Awards
- Respond to media and key stakeholder inquiries linked to the LatAmC region and other work linked to the wider Wyndham Hotel Group strategy. This will include managing high profile activity and where necessary undertaking crisis management.
- Manage relationships with external agencies and plan, monitor and control PR and communication budgets and resources to achieve agreed objectives.
- Regularly measure, report and communicate the impact of media and communications coverage to internal audiences
- Develops and coordinates lines of communication within the region among associates, as appropriate, promoting and communicating WHG messages and initiatives company wide.
- Analyzes information needs of regions diverse associate audiences to address the communication, culture and language needs of each group.
- Provides leadership support for communications in a timely and accurate fashion including meetings, presentations, messaging, event planning, and/or electronic content development and presentation.
- Identifies communication gaps and develop solutions to ensure consistency of communications across U.S. WHG functions and LatAmC region.
- Manages, measures and improves LatAmC's communication tools.
Media & Events :
- Act as a protector of the WHG Brand portfolio in the media and any regional Events. Lead the production of any media creative and/or Event collateral as well as acting as key media agency contact including oversight of off line media buying and ongoing monitoring/adjusting.
- Partner with franchise communications team to strategize, create and execute break through owner communications.
- Bilingual English/Spanish required...Portuguese preferred
- You will need to have the right blend and balance of technical PR & communication skills, together with strong commercial acumen/ business strategy awareness, and be able to work effectively both in a team and on your own initiative.
- Post-graduate degree in a PR/ communications/ journalism-related subject or equivalent experience
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, dealing with competing demands with a track record of successfully engaging and influencing stakeholders and achieving positive outcomes.
- Demonstrable experience of delivering high quality written communications across multiple channels including high quality corporate documents and production of news features, articles, press releases and blogs.
- Proven experience of managing external agencies and strong ability to convey complex technical information across hospitality sector.
- Experience of creating impactfull and successful award submissions, with a strong track record in winning industry recognition and awards.
- Used to working at senior level and managing relationships across a diverse range of multiple stakeholders - ideally with good working knowledge of hospitality sector.
- A strong and determined influencer, with excellent oral communication skills, strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Experience in hospitality and or corporate business environment
- Able to travel up to 50%