Recommend a friend - Band 4
Do you see yourself as a VP, Sales Strategy?
What's your passion? Whether you're into tennis, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
IHG Americas' Regional Corporate Office is centrally located at the beautiful Ravinia Complex just outside Atlanta's Perimeter (I-285), offering a convenient commute from all areas of Metro Atlanta. In addition to being easily accessible from all major highways, the complex provides a free shuttle service between the office, the nearby Perimeter Mall and MARTA train station for alternative commuting options during business hours. Our office complex offers many amenities and personal conveniences, including and on-site dry cleaner, private health club, wellness center and restaurants. Atlanta, situated near the North Georgia Mountains, has something for everyone, world class educational institutions, interactive venues, historical sites, beautiful performing arts facilities, professional sports teams - Braves, Falcons, and Hawks, and is home to unique venues including CNN, the Georgia Aquarium, The King Center, World of Coca-Cola, The Carter Center, High Museum of Art, and Zoo Atlanta.
The Vice President of Sales Strategy has global accountability and oversight of IHG's Sales Strategy, programs and initiatives for the greater sales organization (on and off property sales). The VP leads a team to provide insights into sales and its relationships with other commercial functions (Brands, Loyalty, Digital, Revenue Management & Hotel Systems, Distribution and Partnerships / Products) -- identifying strengths, weaknesses and opportunities and provides leadership insight and direction in driving incremental revenues. The VP designs, directs, and aligns the multi-year vision for all sales segments (e.g. Managed Corporate, Small and Medium-Size Enterprises, Groups and Meetings, Luxury, Long Term Contract, Business Travel Agencies) and key segment enablers globally (e.g. Solution Design Team), aligning sales initiatives with IHG's strategy, brand, and regional development needs.
The VP is also accountable for the development and implementation of innovative initiatives to enhance sales and revenue in each segment. He/She will design and direct the overarching global framework, which is adapted to support regional needs. The VP shall implement the plan in collaboration with regional leadership and drive the communication across internal and external stakeholders on the importance of the strategy, programs, goals, benefits, and achievements.
This position has significant impact on the establishment of sales methods, processes, and techniques which drives over $11 billion annually to IHG hotels. Leading business strategy and design of technology for the sales segments, proactively evaluating technology design to improve the sales function is key.
The VP serves as the voice of IHG sales segments in the industry, while also serving as the voice of the customer within IHG. The VP will work closely with the SVP, Worldwide Sales to align the segment strategy to overall IHG sales strategy and IHG key priorities. He/She will accomplish goals and objectives through subordinate managers who organize and direct sales programs and professional staff.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities -
• Lead the strategy, development and implementation of global sales segment strategy for the company (e.g. Managed Corporate, Small and Medium-Size Enterprises, Groups & Meetings, Luxury Travel, Long Term Contract, Business Travel Agencies). Guide strategy development in collaboration with Regional Sales Leaders, and functional VPs to identify opportunities to advance IHG in each segment. Oversee the ongoing activities and viability of all segment strategies.
• Partner with regional sales organization to identify and develop solutions to increase sales delivery across segments, high potential accounts, sectors, and markets.
• Oversee the development and implementation of segment products and programs that effectively leverage our global scale to drive incremental business to our hotels and brands.
• Lead the strategy and support capability of the global solution design team enabling innovative programs and bundled offers to all account segmentations
• Lead and oversee collaborative diagnostic reviews of regional sales in each segment providing insight and recommendations to optimize revenue.
• Oversee the development of sales segment related technology development for all regional sales teams to effectively leverage our global scale to drive incremental business to all hotels and brands in the system.
• Develop, build and manage strong relationships with owners and senior executives to maximize revenue for the IHG estate.
• Guide collaborative efforts with key internal stakeholders/departments including but not limited to Revenue Management, Loyalty, Regional Sales & Marketing Leadership, Global Brand Performance and our Brand Management teams.
• Coach and develop team members, hire, fire, assess, discipline, document performance, recommend salary and classification changes. Act as an advisor to subordinate managers or staff to help meet established schedules and/or resolve technical or operational problems.
Competitive salary plus bonus potential<br><br> Education -
Bachelor's or Master's Degree in a relevant field of work or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
10+ years progressive work related experience with demonstrated proficiency in multiple disciplines/management/leadership/consultancy/technologies/processes related to the position including travel & hospitality industry, sales strategy, consultancy, business strategy formulation, process management, coaching, and relationship management.
Technical Skills and Knowledge -
• Experience and ability to provide thought leadership in all areas of Sales Strategy, sales segments, loyalty, marketing, technology systems and organization within IHG including experience or insight into issues at Regional, Functional, and Group levels
• Demonstrated ability to create a short-term and long-term vision to drive commercial results
• Demonstrated knowledge of hotel industry particularly in sales, reservations, loyalty programs and distribution marketing
• Demonstrated ability to lead and manage 'voice of the customer' to an organization
• Ability to effectively prioritize multiple projects. Demonstrated ability to initiate and direct multiple project assignments in a relatively unstructured environment
• Demonstrated experience and ability in leading and developing people
• Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision across a global organization
• Strong oral and written communication skills including presentation skills, public speaking ability, and group decision facilitation
Must have the legal right to work in this country
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which includes healthcare and dental coverage, disability and life insurance, and a matched 401(k) program. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG by clicking "Apply Online".
IHG is an equal opportunity employer Minorities / Female / Disabled / Veterans