Why work for IHG?
We are a leading global Hotel/Hospitality organization with lots of room to grow, an excellent culture and very attractive benefits. IHG offers the world's largest hotel loyalty rewards program. With over 4,700 hotels in nearly 100 countries and a portfolio with 9 preferred brands, we're able to accommodate all of the needs of our guests.
IHG Americas' Regional Corporate Office is centrally located at the beautiful Ravinia Complex just outside Atlanta's Perimeter (I-285 ), offering a convenient commute from all areas of Metro Atlanta. In addition to being easily accessible from all major highways, the complex provides a free shuttle service between the office, the nearby Perimeter Mall and MARTA train station for alternative commuting options during business hours. Our office complex offers many amenities and personal conveniences, including and on-site dry cleaner, private health club, wellness center and restaurants.
Direct and oversee sales and business development activity focused at specific market segments, industry or program and the supporting intermediaries. Develop strategies for accounts in segments/industry/program. Direct the efforts of the team in assigned region(s); guide and assist in the activities of other sales assets in the region(s). Act as primary point of contact on the assigned market segment/industry/program to brand management and management companies and serve as the acknowledged expert on market and customer issues within this market sector/industry/program to Company entities.
In this role, the Director will use their expert knowledge from their market sector (Groups & Meetings and Long Term Contract Business) to make strategic decisions regarding opportunities now available as a result of GRS. This role will be part of an overall GRS Project team in Worldwide Sales, designed to identify opportunities as a result of new GRS, prioritize the opportunities that provide the most value to Worldwide Sales, and drive projects through delivery.
A qualified candidate demonstrates expert level business knowledge of the Groups & Meetings and Long Term Contract market segments in the hotel industry. Experience creating successful strategies to drive revenue in these market segments is required. Understanding of systems and technologies in these markets is also required. Systems to include but not limited to Delphi, Meeting Broker, Guest Reservations Systems, Property Management Systems, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
● Direct and oversee the planning and implementation of the designated industry, program, product processes.
● Responsible for directing and leading negotiation of contracts for specific industry, program, product or process.
● Responsible for developing strategy, goal setting and performance optimization of customer revenue, room night and share of spend targets for business development.
● Direct introduction and promotion to client base, major programs and products. This may include new business models.
● Act as a "Brand Partner" to the respective area/brand teams in assigned market segment. Provide segment expertise to Management Company's O/M/L management and franchise support.
● Assist in the revenue plan process in key hotels within the assigned region and assist the revenue planning group with specific tasks related to planning.
● Actively participate in the assigned industry affairs associations and events as required.
● Direct the analytics group to record, review and maintain appropriate reports for senior management.
● Coordinate with all Regional Sales teams, Hotel Operations teams, Distribution & Relationship Marketing and WWS in all reasonable ways and regularly contribute to departmental and divisional strategy.
● Ensure appropriate product management personnel work with the principle (i.e. GDSs, Pegasus) as applicable.
● Coach and develop team members; hire, fire, assess, discipline, document performance, recommend salary and classification changes. Act as an advisor to subordinate managers or staff to help meet established schedules and/or resolve technical or operational problems.<br><br> Education
Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Marketing, Management, or other relevant field of work or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
10+ years progressive work related experience with demonstrated proficiency in multiple disciplines/technologies/processes related to the position as well as significant experience managing teams and/or significant complex projects, including a minimum of 3 years in hotels with multi-unit and/or corporate roles, involving significant people management responsibility across multiple and remote locations.
Technical skills and Knowledge
● Demonstrated Negotiation Skills executing complex client agreements.
● Demonstrated project management experience in organizing, planning and executing large-scale projects from conception through implementation.
● Demonstrated experience in leading and developing people.
● Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of providing information to clients, vendors, senior management and staff.
● Demonstrated experience managing a business development or sales function in the assigned market segment or a similar area of business.
● Demonstrated knowledge of hotels and hotel sales and marketing, and business planning.
Majority of work is performed in a normal office environment. Ability to travel required, as needed to facilitate business objectives. Must have ability to be accessible via computer and/or cell phone in case of emergency in area of responsibility.
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which can include healthcare and dental coverage, disability and life insurance, and a matched 401(k) program . Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG by clicking "Apply Online".
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans