AEM Sr. Developer
29 Nov 2016
Envision your career with one of the world's largest hospitality companies.
We provide a range of hospitality products and services through our global portfolio of world-renowned brands under our parent company, Wyndham Worldwide (NYSE: WYN).
Do you want to be part of a company ranked as one of the best places to work?
Wyndham Hotel Group is the world's largest hotel company based on number of hotels and is one of three hospitality business units of Wyndham Worldwide. As both a leading hotel brand franchisor and hotel management services provider, the company's global portfolio consists of nearly 8,000 properties and 678,000 rooms in 72 countries under the following brands: Dolce Hotels and Resorts ® , Wyndham Grand ® , Wyndham Hotels and Resorts ® , Wyndham Garden ® Hotels, TRYP by Wyndham ® , Wingate by Wyndham ® , Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham ® , Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham ® , Ramada ® , Baymont Inn & Suites ® , Days Inn ® , Super 8 ® , Howard Johnson ® , Travelodge® and Knights Inn ® . Wyndham Rewards, the company's guest loyalty program, offers more than 44 million members the opportunity to earn and redeem points at thousands of hotels across the world.
The AEM-Java Sr. Developer is responsible for the technical delivery of assigned systems and is accountable for ensuring that the system structure adheres to established best practices. The Sr. Developer is expected to work independently to deliver all assigned system development, enhancements and maintenance items. This person is tasked with coordinating technical efforts within our IT department and with multiple vendors. The Sr. Developer is responsible for solution design in coordination with Architecture and works to maintain our design standards while also working on the actual design and development.
This role also requires working with Onsite and Offshore groups on a daily basis. They should maintain technical proficiencies with existing technologies and remain abreast of emerging technologies, at the same time share specific competencies across the Engineering team. They need to work collaboratively with other teams within IT and across the business teams and partners to achieve project and solution goals.
Communicate to the project team and support team effectively to achieve the project and solution goals Represent engineering team in project meetings and solution discussions Analyze and provide insight into complexity of business requirements, user interface design and create solutions that reduce technical complexity while maximizing business and user benefits Responsible for providing system and detailed technical design. The Sr. Developer is responsible for implementation of a sound detailed design and delivery of performant and defect free applications/components. Investigate new technologies and assist in investigation on any production and environment issues. Assure team uses best practices in design and implementation of the system Review proposed solutions by engineers and guide them toward an elegant implementation
Communicate designs and technical requirements with technical team and implementation of the overall system
Coordinate with Architecture on significant system design decisions.
- Communication skills to clearly articulate and represent engineering team in project and/or solution meetings - Ability to work collaboratively and influence the project team to achieve the goals
- Experience with ecommerce implementations and technical project management skills for delivery
- Ability to manage time and pressures to work on multiple initiatives at the same time - Ability to work with the team to put together estimations, risks, and solutions is key to this role
- BS - Computer Science required or equivalent work experience
- Good technical writing skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Application Server - Experience in administration, system configuration and development in WebLogic 12c application server in a clustered environment. Experience with Apache server 2.2 or above. - Content Management System - Experience with AEM 6.x. - Has created custom workflows for custom approval/publishing with integration to external systems- Customizing DAM to support additional meta-data and supporting custom workflows- Created custom templates, components- Created OSGi components, tag libraries and web service clients using OSGi- Built custom xtypes and good understanding of CQ Widgets- Good understanding of Analytics and integrated with Google or Adobe Analytics- Good understanding of blueprints and live-copies and implemented i18n- Ideally have worked with AEM Search.
- Enterprise Application Integration - Experience with TIBCO development suites (Business works, EMS, Integration Manager); Experience in designing, implementing and integrating Ecommerce applications with Java EE6 technologies (Spring and JSF required); Experience with Endeca and SOLR/Lucene search engines; Development experience in high- availability/high scalability environments. Experience with Cloud based Technology and Ecommerce is required.
- Design and Architecture - Experience in designing and architecting web applications, distributed components, content management systems, and search engines; Advanced understanding of design patterns, open source frameworks, Unified Modeling language (UML) and development methodologies like Rational Unified Process (RUP), Extreme programming (XP), Rapid Application Development (RAD) and Agile; Experience in gathering/reviewing business and technical requirements; Experience in creating design and deployment documents based on RUP templates and Rapid application development process templates; Experience working with design tools: Together, Erwin, MS Visio, PowerDesigner, Axure; Experience with PCI complaint solutions would be preferable - 10+ years of relevant development experience. - 2-3 years of experience as a Sr. Developer