Director Project Management - Resort Renovation & Design
10 Jan 2017
Responsible for overseeing the Resort Renovation & Design project management department for Wyndham Vacation Ownership. The Project Management Department operations currently consist of Resort Refurbishment, Capital Projects, assisting with the Resort Preventive Maintenance program, assisting with the National Service Contracts, and supporting the Home Owners Associations that we provide service to. Other projects may be assigned as needed.
Essential Job Functions: includes the following, other duties may be assigned.
- Assist the Department Vice President with the daily operation of the Resort Renovation & Design Department.
- Supervise and manage several direct reports consisting of construction, project management and support staff professionals.
- Assist in the development of the annual operating budget for the Resort Renovation & Design department.
- Assist in the Preparation of the annual refurbishment project list and budget for certain Wyndham Vacation Ownership resorts.
- Oversee the scheduling of all refurbishment projects and ensure projects are completed per the schedule.
- Oversee the completion of all refurbishment projects while maintaining established budgets and timelines.
- Work with the Project Managers and the Director of Design to coordinate refurbishment project efforts and communication between Resort Renovation & Design department, Regional Vice Presidents, Resort Managers and staff.
- Co-Lead ongoing efforts to establish departmental procedures for planning, scheduling, implementing and completing of all refurbishment projects.
- Participate with the maintenance, revision and analysis of interior and exterior reserve programs for certain Wyndham Vacation Ownership resorts.
- Participate in the refurbishment project, reserve analysis and preventive maintenance training webinars for resort staff on an as needed basis.
- Review all contractual documents and approve as needed to ensure all projects are completed on time and on budget.
- Attend Design Review meetings as needed.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly and year-to-date reconciliation's of reserve expenditures to budget.
- Participate in bi-weekly Resort Renovation & Design staff meetings and Co- lead these meetings in the absence of the department Vice President.
- Work with the Project Managers, the Director of Design and the Director of Reserve Planning & Asset Management to prepare monthly project plan reviews.
- Travel to certain Wyndham Vacation Ownership resorts and perform on-site inspections and meetings as needed.
- Oversee construction efforts both remotely and without familiarity of the resort.
- Work closely with all departments at Corporate that have relationships with Resort Renovation & Design or Wyndham Vacation Ownership (Accounting, Owner Services, Resort Development, Training & Development, Legal, Sales, Marketing and Communications).
- Work with stakeholders to develop annual strategy for major renovation schedule and work with Inventory Control Department to execute.
- Review project scope and cost(s) against the budget and generate appropriate paperwork for approval. This will include reviewing and assigning project codes to Reserve Expense Requests as well as processing Reserve Change Requests.
- Able to hire, train and mentor new and existing Project Managers and support staff.
- Able to develop an understanding of our Inventory Management system so you will be able to request and block inventory for Renovation, CAPEX and Special projects.
- Review Reserve Studies for accuracy and update studies on a regular basis as spend occurs and/or changes are made.
- Ensure the renovation projects database including all project details are updated throughout the year and as projects are completed.
- Work with the Director of Reserve Planning & Asset Management to analyze interior and exterior Reserve funding, making recommendations for future contribution levels .
- Work with the Project Managers to forecast interior and exterior Reserve expenditures on an annual, quarterly, and monthly basis.
- Assist Director Reserve Planning & Asset Management with unique resort-specific HOA projects.
- Report monthly and annually on department metrics and reserve spend against budget.
Must be willing to travel up to 30% of the time
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications:
a) Education a. Bachelor's degree in Construction, Engineering, Architecture, Industrial Design or related field preferred Unless there is a legal requirement, experience will be accepted for the education requirement. b) Knowledge and skills (e.g. demonstrated ability to work under pressure, or possesses good written and oral communication skills) a. Self-starter who will source data with minimal assistance and recommend conclusions b. Must be a team player and understand the importance that each position plays in the department. c. Needs to be able to build cohesiveness between the Resort Renovation & Design team with the Resort teams. d. Excellent strategic, analytical and creative thinking aptitude in both an independent and team environment. e. Ability to provide exceptional customer service to internal and external customers. f. Strong communication and interpersonal skills g. Must be self-motivated, being able to manage multiple projects while incorporating work style with team objectives h. Ability to effectively manage multiple projects, tasks and priorities. i. Ability to work productively in a fast paced, heavy growth and changing environment. j. Must be well-organized and able to perform under stressful situations k. Must be able to communicate and partner effectively with all levels of the organization l. Must be decision-minded, capable of providing senior management clear paths to optimal results desired m. Ability to lead, supervise and guide construction and design teams throughout project completion. n. Ability to effectively present information to Corporate and public groups and employees. o. Able to provide Exceptional Customer Service to both internal and external Customers. c) Technical Skills a. Familiarity with all aspects of construction management, including construction terminology, law and statutes for each state, health & safety laws, blueprint reading, and proper sequence of events necessary to take a project from conception, planning, budgeting, and completion. b. Familiarity with reserve programs and philosophy, including an understanding of useful life expectations and value on a variety of interior and exterior components. c. Ability to work with and interpret budgets, financial statements, statistical reports and legal/contractual documentation. d. Ability to possess skills in team building, negotiating, problem solving, leadership, short and long term planning. e. Ability to respond to common inquiries and concerns from owners, regulatory agencies, or members of the business/resort community. f. College level writing and oral communication skills are required. g. Computer proficiency to include the use of email, spreadsheets (Excel), documents (Word) and scheduling (Project) software, Outlook, SharePoint and any other programs as needed. d) Job experience (number of years, type/level of previous experience) a. Minimum 10 years progressive responsibility in the construction, development and commercial design fields. Working with Timeshare, Condominium or Homeowner Associations is a plus .