Raffles Hotels & Resorts is a collection of award-winning luxury hotels located in vibrant destinations around the world. Unique with its own distinct personality, each Raffles hotel distinguishes itself with the highest standards of product and service.
We offer excellent career development and growth opportunities for our colleagues who have the talent, dedication, drive and passion to be part of leading global luxury hospitality brand.
Raffles Hainan, located in the "Hawaii of Asia" - Hainan, will enjoy a superior beachfront location while offering guests direct access to the adjacent championship golf course. The resort's 299 guestrooms and 32 luxurious villas are among the most spacious and all offer commanding sea views. The resort will feature 7 exciting food and beverage concepts, a 1,400 sqm Raffles Spa, a grand ballroom and flexible meeting spaces for special events.
If you are looking for a dynamic environment for growth, please join us as :
Director of Sales
Summary of Responsibilities:
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Oversee the day-to-day operations of the Sales Department and supervision of all team activities and in the absence of the Director of Sales and Marketing, assume full responsibility for the department and its operations. To source, secure and maximize revenue opportunities from dedicated account portfolio and leverage all sales tools and programs for maximum conversion. The Director of Sales will be required to conduct their duties in a courteous, safe and efficient manner, in accordance with the hotel's policies and procedures, ensuring that a high level of service is maintained.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist in the development of year Business Plan for the hotel and then cascade this into a specific and measurable plan by segment and work with the DOSM to implement for the Sales team to execute.
• Organize regular sales trips to develop potential markets and to maintain key customer relationships.
• Manage and drive business for the key account base of the hotel, maximizing revenue opportunities and exceeding the set targets.
• Collaborate closely with the sales team to ensure they are effectively managing their accounts and maximizing opportunities. Focus on new business opportunities whilst maintaining the existing accounts.
• Plan and execute a series of familiarization tours to profile the Hotel and engage with customers for corporate companies' decision makers, travel agents, airline associate, tour operators, convention organizers, meeting planners, incentive operators and other industry personnel.
• Develop and refine a comprehensive mailing list/database for clients and in conjunction with the Marketing Communications Manager maintain a regular communication to this database on the hotel offers to encourage new and repeat business.
• Assist in maintaining a strong team performance, by regularly reviewing KPI's and goals against performance and realigning strategies according to results.
• Maintain regular contact with the FRHI Sales Organization offices and ensure they are copied on new business leads to assist in closing.
• Develop and supervise all sales activities.
• Ensure BDE are trained and know how to complete the New Business call calculator to develop a prequalified, prioritized prospect list for new business.
• Prepare monthly outlook / forecast for related expenses and discuss with DOSM as scheduled
• Prepare department performance reports and submit to DOSM on weekly basis.
• Forecast, analyze and report Sales Performance results.
• In conjunction with the DOSM, effectively recruit, train and develop, certify and evaluate performance of associates. Ensure turnover reduction and optimization of productivity through efficient work practices.
• Demonstrate working knowledge of all tasks within your area of responsibility.
• Implement opportunities for quality team building.
• Arrange regular sales meetings to keep associates and management informed and to foster a two-way communication. Involve associates in all aspects of decision making. Encourage creativity, initiative and innovation.
• Co-operate with all departments within the hotel.
• Anticipate guest's needs through observation and offer prompt, efficient service either personally or through effective communication with other associates.
• Align working practices and conduct with Hotel's Vision; consistently strive to meet and exceed the expectations of both internal and external guests.
• Uphold the FRHI Cares culture by demonstrating the Star Service Standards at all times to guests and colleagues.
• Co-ordination of all aspects of the departments operation to ensure that the services of the Department are delivered to guests or internal customers with the aim of exceeding guest expectations and in accordance with Hotel's standards.
• Train associates to notify any equipment or lighting failure immediately to expedite repairs / replacement.
• Develop a communication plan to advise and seek support with seek operations teams on important site inspections and customer familiarizations.
• Oversee the site inspections of team members to ensure use of brand and wow elements to ensure the Hotel's key unique propositions are presented.
• Develop an awareness of, and appreciation for, the richness of the cultural diversity of your clients, associate and location.
• Identify opportunities for value added services to increase sales profitability and anticipate client needs.
• Demonstrate effective verbal and non-verbal communication skill.
• Ensure associates use the Guest Satisfaction Index (GSI) Surveys and Meeting Planner Satisfaction Index (MPSI) surveys in a constructive manner to implement changes and reward performance where appropriate.
• Negotiate contracts only with approved suppliers as per corporate management policy and procedures.
• Act on potential client complaints and report to appropriate personnel.
• Verify timesheets. Compile daily, weekly and monthly reports as required. Analyze reports and make recommendations.
• Ensure files, correspondence and other relevant business documentation are maintained within the sales & catering systems as designated.
• Develop and implement strategies to minimize absenteeism and to manage occupational health & safety issues.
• In conjunction with the DOSM, prepare working schedules and annual leave schedules within budget, business expectations and guidelines of the Labor Code.
• Conduct development and performance reviews, identifying key personnel for further development and structured career pathing.
• Align management style, working practices and conduct with Hotel's Vision, Corporate Values and policies. To comply with Hotel's Code of Conduct at all times.
• Completely understand, implement and ensure adherence to Local Labor Laws and Hotel policies.
• Ensure all correspondence is written in the brand voice
• Maintain a new business plan per segment which identifies future business opportunities in your market
• Be well versed and knowledgeable of Hotel Fire and Evacuation procedures as well as health and safety requirements in the Workplace. Ensure associates are aware of their duty of care as determined by legislation and that they maintain complete familiarity.
• Undertake additional duties as requested by the Department Manager and Hotel Management.
• Involve in Departmental training on all Sales and Marketing related issues. Schedule sales associates to attend the relevant Starwood Sales training and Forum sales courses.
• Ensure all sales associates have conducted the FRHI online Sales Orientation tool, accessible on the development center on FRHI One.
• Ensure all associates adhere to the Hotel credit policy and procedures.
• Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
• Requires excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Knowledge of the city and market segmentation for business.
• Convey a high level of understanding of the importance of attention to detail.
• Excellent written and spoken English are a must.
• Good computer skills with minimum requirement in use of Microsoft Windows 2003 or higher, Internet and other popular software.
• Good interpersonal & communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and as a team.
Minimum 2 to 3 years' experience in Sales within an international hotel chain.