About Raffles Dubai: Not only close to Dubai's best-loved landmarks, Raffles Dubai is one of them! This stunning landmark hotel in a distinctive pyramid shape, merges Asian style with an Egyptian aesthetic. Brilliant contemporary interiors, with 252 rooms and suits, faultless service and 7 superb restaurants and bars. At Raffles Dubai we provide our all colleagues with opportunities for continuous learning and development throughout their career. We are looking for talented, passionate and dedicated people who will continue the story and become part of our journey.
Raffles Dubai promises exceptional standards of service inherent of the Raffles brand and complemented by Arabian hospitality values. Our core values of Excellence, Respect, Integrity and Caring serve as the guiding principles in everything that we do
About Raffles Hotels & Resorts is an award-winning, luxury international hotel company with a history dating back to 1887 with the opening of Raffles Hotel, Singapore. The portfolio currently comprises eleven luxurious properties, from secluded resorts to city hotels in key locations around the world.
If you are looking for a dynamic environment for growth, please join us as :
Summary of Responsibilities:
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Ensure critical systems, specifically Front Office Property Management System, Call Accounting and Food & Beverage point of sale computer systems, are available twenty-four (24) hours per day.
• Ensure effective support for other systems, including back-office, sales and catering and human resources applications.
• In conjunction with the above tasks, act as the hotels liaison with both hardware and software suppliers, including coordination of maintenance agreements between hotel, suppliers and Corporate.
• Establish and maintain user procedures and hardware familiarization for all systems.
• In conjunction with corporate MIS, coordinate any new system implementation, update or upgrade with hotel staff and hardware or software suppliers.
• Assist individual departments in setting up computer training for their individual departmental needs.
• Establish and maintain system security procedures consistent with control requirements and corporate policy.
• Maintain accurate records of systems files; software and hardware problems and service requirements.
• Develop and maintain, in co-operation with the Purchasing Department, a supplier and product list for all stock date processing supplies.
• Establish and maintain backup procedures for all systems to ensure protection from loss of data and ensure backups are carried out in accordance with corporate and local policies.
• Develop new applications as requested by department heads only after the approval of corporate office.
• Conduct system audits at properties to maintain standardization and identify and correct problems before they occur. Make recommendations to Corporate where problems may become serious and more extensive action needs to be taken. Each hotel in the area will be visited once per year for a full audit of all systems related functions and procedures.
• Monthly comparison of system access logs to current employee status/position is performed by the Director of IT or designate. Comparison is performed to identify any users or access rights not commensurate with job position/status. The Director of IT or designate requests print outs/ obtains the system application user listing, verifies details with HR/department heads, and signs the copy to indicate review. The Controller also signs the listing to ensure the procedures were performed. The Controller maintains the listing (a systems binder.)
• Systems under review include:
• Property Management System.
• Financials System (Accounting System).
• Reporting System (Hyperion System).
• Point of Sale (POS) System.
• Spa Management System.
• Daily backups taken on all key applications. Backups are stored off-site weekly at a storage facility or bank safety deposit box.
• Act as corporate system management's liaison with both hardware and software suppliers, including coordination of maintenance agreements between hotel, suppliers and Corporate office.
• Ensure hotels in region have established and maintained backup procedures for all systems against loss of data and ensure backups are carried out in accordance with corporate and local policies.
• Report regularly to corporate on the status of assigned corporate projects. Meet annually with corporate projects, review the status of outstanding problems, and make recommendation for new projects based on needs of properties in region.
• Ensures hotels in region comply with corporate policy with respect to e-mail and internet access.
• Changes to employees details are documented on a standard change form provided by corporate. Director of IT signs off on all additions, terminations, or position changes to indicate appropriate systems access changes, which have been made.
• Physical access to the main IT server room is restricted and monitored. Electronic key card access is required to enter the storeroom. Entry is logged on the system. Security or Director of IT will only issue access upon approval from the Controller. Computer room door is closed and locked when the IT personnel is not present.
• Backup power supply system in place. System can accommodate key systems for minimum 1-year period. Director of IT tests system on a monthly basis. Test results are then logged, dated, and signed off on the standard form provided by corporate. The Director of IT maintains the completed form in an annual binder.
• Conduct self in a professional manner at all times to reflect the high standards of Raffles Hotels & Resorts.
• Perform any additional duties as assigned by the Controller.
• Diploma in IT
• Ideally should have a certificate in Project Management, Cisco and Microsoft Admin certification.
• Minimum of 1-2 years experience in the same position at the same hospitality level.