Immaculate public areas, attractive grounds and efficient operational systems combine to make Fairmont Hotels & Resorts places of unrivalled presence . As Administrative Assistant to Engineering, your main function is to provide administrative support to the Director of Engineering and ensures the implementation of hotel policies, standards and procedures are complied by the Engineering Department in the performance and disposal of their respective works in the hotel building.
Property Overview: This magnificent complex boasts a 30-storey new construction and two luxury International Hotel brands at one desired address! Raffles Makati and Fairmont Makati consists of 32 Raffles Suites located atop 280 Fairmont Hotel rooms, 237 Raffles Residences and is situated in what is considered the finest location in Manila - downtown Makati. The complex, is located directly across from the Greenbelt Shopping Center and in a neighborhood famous for nightlife, dining options and world-class shopping.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Reads and routes incoming mails.
• Locates and attaches appropriate file correspondences to be answered by Director of Engineering.
• Types, files and upkeeps all private and confidential matters related to the department.
• Sets up a systematic and efficient filing system, both for hard files as well as all electronic data, that enables quick retrieval.
• Ensures all files are kept up to date at all times.
• Prepares the relevant materials for all meetings attended by the Director of Engineering: Daily Operations Meeting, Executive Committee Meetings, Departmental Meetings and ad hoc meetings.
• Answers telephone and gives information to callers or routes call to appropriate official and places outgoing calls.
• Takes job orders or work orders and complaints from guests, inter-departmental customers via telephone calls, emails and/or personal and walk-in
• Entertains and dispense accordingly all job orders received by the Department to respective Engineering staff/personnel and able to record, monitor and follow-up the same until completion
• Greets visitors, ascertains nature of business, and conducts visitors to employer or appropriate person
• Compiles and types statistical reports, technical reports, etc.
• Makes copies of correspondence or other printed matter.
• Prepares outgoing mails.
• Types, takes dictation and minutes, drafts letters, files and traces, composes correspondence.
• Maintains timekeeping records and schedules for the department.
• Attends and prepares minutes for Division's staff meetings.
• Monitors and maintains the proper appearance of the office area.
• Attends and contributes to all Meetings as required.
• Provides a courteous and professional service at all times.
• Attends hotel training sessions as scheduled to improve skills and knowledge.
• Handles guest and employee enquiries in a courteous and efficient manner, reporting complaints or problems if no immediate solution can be found, whilst feeding back a prompt follow up.
• Is knowledgeable in statutory legislation in employee and industrial relations, understanding and strictly adhering to rules & regulations established in the Employee Handbook and the hotel's policies concerning fire, hygiene and health & safety.
• Ensures high standards of personal presentation & grooming.
• Maintains positive guest and colleague interactions with good working relationships.
• Exercises responsible management and behaviour at all times and positively representing the hotel
• Ensures and practices the outmost protection of personnel and office's confidentiality.
• Manages the logistics of the department, that is, warehouses, spare parts stock rooms, tool room, etc.
• Able to do inventory management, purchase planning and inventory control for cost effective warehousing management
• As directed by the DOE, he/she must be able to do project estimates and prepares labor and material costing
• Prepares policies and procedures for the department.
• And all other tasks that may be assigned to him/her.
• Engineering or Architecture graduates, Female
• Previous administrative experience preferred
• Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications and/or relevant computer applications required
• With knowledge in statutory legislation in employee and industrial relations
• With basic knowledge in warehousing management and inventory planning and control
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal required
• Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
• Highly responsible & reliable
• Ability to focus attention on guest / colleague needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
• Can converse well in English and Filipino
Visa Requirements: Open to Filipino National Only. The Property is unable to support work visa application.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
At Raffles and Fairmont Makati we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. Your contribution is important to the success of our Company and we are committed to providing an environment that will foster and reward your efforts. Our teams around the globe endeavour to provide a safe, attractive and dynamic working environment, which will encourage you to take initiative and demonstrate your best abilities. Together we design career plans and unveil new professional perspectives through our various development programs, and with your contribution you will help make your ambitions real. An exciting future awaits!