Job no: Ex 75
Brand: Group Logistics
Site / Location: Riyadh Warehouse
M.H. Alshaya Co. is a leading international franchise operator for over 70 of the world's most recognised retail brands including Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang's, The Cheesecake Factory, Victoria's Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn and KidZania. The company operates over 3,000 stores across diverse customer sectors: Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Leisure & Entertainment.
Alshaya's stores can be found in markets across the Middle East and North Africa, Russia, Turkey and Europe and the company employs more than 46,000 people from over 110 nationalities.
The company has established itself as the industry leader across these territories through a combination of local market understanding and a comprehensive commitment to customer service. Growth in each of its operating divisions and brands is supported by continuous investment in talent and infrastructure. It applies best practices in retail operations, merchandising, marketing, information technology, logistics, real estate, human resources and financial controls.
M.H. Alshaya Co. is the retail business of the Alshaya Group, which was founded in Kuwait in 1890 and today represents one of the most dynamic companies in the Middle East. In addition to its retail operations, the Alshaya Group is active in a number of other sectors including real estate, automotive, hotels, trading and investments. Learn more about the company at www.alshaya.com or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Alshaya .
To realize its highly ambitious and aggressive expansion plan, the company is currently looking for a proactive, dynamic and creative Logistics Director who will be responsible and accountable for providing organizational and operational support and services to the Saudi Arabia business. The role is based in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia and will report to the SVP - Logistics.
- To develop, modernize and transition the Alshaya KSA Logistics operation to support significant planned growth
- To prepare yearly business plans & budgets for all logistics activities for KSA including operating budgets, P&L and CAPEX.
- To be responsible for the efficiency of all distribution centers in KSA.
- To continuously investigate and propose more efficient and cost saving ways of distributing products to stores.
- To ensure consistency of service delivery; agreeing process standards, ensuring with the management that all stores, staff and processes comply with high-end supply chain & logistics international standards
- To determine overall working practices to establish & continuously monitor all functions within the department.
- To monitor Third Party performance against set criteria as per agreed standards, recommends continued use of contractors.
- Coach, develop and manage teams.
- 10-15 years gained in big box / major retail environments, including minimum of 10 years in senior logistics & supply chain management positions
- Some tangible major project management experience
- Should combining "hands-on" operational track record and strong strategic skills
- Logistics & Supply Chain experience gained in large and renowned retail chains is a must
- Significant multi-national / multi-cultural experience, working experience in Middle East preferred
- High level of energy and passion for delivering business excellence.
- Passionate about change management
- Ability to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity and rapid change.
- Resilient in a complex environment.
- Charismatic with strong leadership.
- Strong people focus, problem solver.
- Strategic and "hands-on" at the same time.
- Strong ability to be creative and innovative.
Advertised: 12 Jan 2017 Arab Standard Time