At Hotel Indigo ® our team members are full of neighbourhood knowledge; they know where to find the hidden gems worth exploring. That's the Hotel Indigo way. That's where you come in. When you're part of the Hotel Indigo brand you're more than just a job title.
At Hotel Indigo we look for people who are energetic, approachable and cultured with a sense of fun; always curious to discover more and share thoughtful suggestions with our guests.
Join us as a Director of Rooms in Hotel Indigo Singapore Katong. You'll have ambition, talent and obviously, some key skills. Because, for this vital role, we're looking for someone who can
• Ensure the smooth operation of guest services, valet services, concierge and uniformed services, housekeeping, laundry, and communications in an attentive, friendly, efficient, and courteous manner.
• Be responsible for providing all guests with quality service while maximizing room revenue and productivity, and developing managers and employees
• Partici p ate in the pre p aration of the an n ual de p a r tm e ntal operating budget a n d fina n cial pla n s.
• Monitor bud g et and control la b o u r c o sts a n d expe n s e s with a focus o n rate strategy, bui l ding initiatives and inventory m a nage m ent
• Oversee ni gh t audit functi o n and preparation of daily financ i al re po rts
• Prep a re a n d submit statist i cal, perf o rm a nce, a n d for e c a st analyses and re p or t s as r e qu i red
• Maintain p r oc edures f o r s e curity of mon i es, credit and financial tr an s a ctio n s , gu e st s e c u rity, and inventory c ont rol.
• Use co m pany syste m s and process e s to maximise revenue. Deve l op pla n s to i n cr e ase occ up ancy a n d ADR throu g h wa l k -i n s a n d upselling at the front d e sk .
• Direct day to day staffing requirements, plan and assign work and establish performance and development goals for team members
• Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help manage conflict and improve team performance
• Educate a nd train team m e mbers in co m plia n c e with b rand stan d ards, s e rvice b ehavio u rs, a n d gover n mental regulati o ns. Ens u re staff has the too l s, training, and equip m ent to carry out job dutie
• Promote te a mw o rk a nd q uality service throu g h daily com m un i cat i on and co o rd i nation with o t her dep a rtmen t s
• R e com m end and/or initiate salary, disci p linary, or oth e r staffing/hu m an r e so ur c e s-related a c tio n s in accorda n ce with hotel or com p any ru le s and p olic i es .
• Ens u re front office staff provides g u e s ts with pro m pt serv i c e, prof e ss i onal attent i on and p ers o nal recogniti on
• Ens u re g u es t s are g r e eted upon arrival and m a ke ti m e to interact e ffectively with gues t s . R e s p ond appro p riately to guest co m plaints, solicit feedb a ck an d build re l ati o nsh i ps that drive contin u o u s improve m en t s in gu e st sat i sfacti o n
• Co n d u c t rout i ne insp e c tio n s of the front office and pu blic are a s a n d take imm ed iate actio n s to corr e c t any defici e nc i es
• Ens u re that g uest satisf a c tion data is an alysed a nd t h at plans a re d evelop e d and implement e d to ach i eve est a blis h ed goa l s
• Com m un i ca t e to appr o pr i ate dep a rtm e nts all perti ne nt information related to the expected a rr i val and dep a rture of VIP's and ot h er key g u es t s , or other sp e c ial g u est n e eds .
• Re g ularly a u dit all financi a l trans a c tio n s to en s u re g o vernm e ntal r e gulatio n s a n d data privacy requ i re m ents are met
• Act as a central com m un i cations p oint d uring e m erg e ncy/cris i s sit u ations; deve l op and ma i ntain relatio n sh i ps with local fire, police, a n d e mer g e n c y perso n nel
• Devel o p aw ar en e ss a nd r e putation of the hotel and br and in the l o cal com m unity and pr o mote team memb e r invo lv ement in c o mmunity outreach efforts
• Demonstrate Awareness of OH&S policies and procedures and ensure all procedures are conducted safely and within OH&S guidelines
• Be aware of duty of care and adhere to occupational, health and safety legislation, policies and procedures
• Be familiar with property safety, first aid and fire and emergency procedures and operate equipment safely and sensibly
• Initiate action to correct a hazardous situation and notify supervisors of potential danger
• Log security incidents and accidents in accordance with hotel requirements
• P erform ot h er duties a s assigned. May a l so serve a s mana g er o n duty. <br><br> Requirements for this role
• Diploma or Bachelor's degree in Marketing or Hotel Management
• At least 5 years' ex p er i ence in a comparable position in hotel operations
• Knowledgeable in all aspects of Rooms Division operations
• Strong leadership qualities to lead and motivate a team
• Excellent organisational and administrative skills
• Excellent guest service and problem resolution skills
• Flexible to meet the demands of a 24 hour operation
• Ability to work comprehensively with spreadsheets
• Highly meticulous with a strong attention to detail
• Able to multi task and have and have good time management skills
• Exhibits excellent communication and writing skills
• Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment
• Have a vibrant personality
In return for your hard work, you can look forward to a highly competitive salary and benefits package, including
ü Duty Meals
ü Birthday Off
ü Medical Benefits
ü Dental Benefits
ü Insurance Coverage
ü 25-50% F&B Discount at restaurants within IHG Singapore Hotels
ü Special Employee Rate at all IHG Hotels worldwide
ü Room to Grow Opportunities
What's more, because your career will be as unique as you are, we'll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start, be involved and grow.
And because the Hotel Indigo brand belongs to the IHG ® family of brands, you'll also benefit from all of the opportunities that come from being part of a successful, global hospitality company with over 4800 hotels in over 100 countries around the world.
So whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to Hotel Indigo and IHG and we'll make sure you'll have room to be yourself. Find out more about joining us today by going to careers.ihg.com