Holiday Inn Vana Nava Hua Hin
The Holiday Inn Hotels & Resorts brand belongs to the IHG® family, one of the world's leading hotel companies with a presence in almost 100 countries.
At Holiday Inn® our job is to bring the joy of travel to everyone. That's where you come in. When you're part of the Holiday Inn Hotels & Resorts brand you're more than just a job title.
We love the individual talents, interests and dreams that make you who you are. And because your career will be as unique as you are, we'll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start, be involved and grow.
We look for people who are friendly, welcoming and full of life; people who are always finding ways to make every guest's experience an enjoyable one. So whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to Holiday Inn and IHG and we'll make sure you'll have room to be yourself.
· Manage the bar/lounge operations of the hotel to ensure the achievement of established beverage quality and guest service quality standards and departmental revenue and profit goals.
· Adhere to local regulations concerning health, safety, or other compliance requirements, as well as brand standards and local policies and procedures.
At Holiday Inn we want our guests to relax and be themselves which means we need you to:
· Be you by being natural, professional and personable in the way you are with people
· Get ready by taking notice and using your knowledge so that you are prepared for anything
· Show you care by being thoughtful in the way you welcome and connect with guests
· Take action by showing initiative, taking ownership and going the extra mile
Duties and Responsibilities
· Deliver Food and Beverage service of high standard and in accordance with departmental standards and procedures
· Develop departmental standards and procedures to promote salesmanship, beverage creativity and profit
· Communicates to his/her superior any difficulties, guest comments and other relevant information
· Delivers daily briefings and attends other Food and Beverage meetings as scheduled
· Delivers prepared training sessions in line with a departmental monthly calender
· Prepares for service by ensuring the department's:
o Grooming is impeccable and in accordance with ICHG personal presentation standards
o Equipment is clean
o Equipment is sorted and stored
o Glassware is polished
o Requirements for special occasions are ready
o Music is on
o Lighting is on
o Outlet is ready for service and guest comfort
· Carries out effective service by ensuring all staff are aware of their role in:
o Greeting and seating guests
o Explaining and up-selling daily beverage specials
o Processing food orders accurately
o Using trays and tray jacks effectively
o Quickly taking food and beverage orders
o Ensuring payment methods are handled accurately
o Ensuring working areas are cleaned and re-set quickly
o Ensuring the bar is clean
o Regularly cleaning ashtrays
o Conversing with Guests in relation to the food and beverage products
· Carries out effective beverage service by ensuring:
o Beverages are up-sold and regularly replenished, abiding by responsible alcohol service regulations
o Converse with Guests about wine, advising the types and styles of wine, taking wine orders and serving wine
o Promoting and selling cocktails to guests
o Making and presenting cocktails
o Coffee and tea is served hot and in accordance with standard
· Patron care standards are adhered to by ensuring:
o Guests are advised on alcoholic beverages
o The strengths of alcohol is advised and guests are advised as to their effect
o Compliance with legal provisions of local liquor codes
o Level of intoxication of guests is assessed and appropriate action taken
o Advise guest on the hotel's policy of smoking
o Monitor factors which interfere with the total experience of the guest
· Cellar operations are carried out including:
o Correct use of refrigeration system
o Effective operation of the post-mix syrups bulk dispense system
o Operating the beer reticulation system
o Adhering to stock control procedures
· Take appropriate action to resolve guest complaints
· Requisition bar items according to bar stocks
· Train bar attendant, wait help and bus help in basic beverage knowledge and beverage service
· Complete spillage report and submit to Food and Beverage manager at the Conclusion of each shift
· Assist the Food and Beverage Manager to source and review outlet musicians
· Assist to promote the musicians
· Design promotional material which is aimed at increasing revenue, covers and profit for the Bar with the approval of the Food and Beverage Manager
· Works with Superior on manpower planning and management needs
· Works with Superior in the preparation and management of the Department's budget
Number of employees supervised -
Direct Bar Attendant
Annual Operating Profit/Payroll Budget -
· Bar / Lounge Revenue Target
Key Metrics -
· Revenue Target
· Employee Satisfaction Survey
Decision Making Responsibilities (Decision Rights) -
· Matters pertaining to Restaurant Operations
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Required Skills -
· Demonstrated ability to interact with customers, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
· Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local government agency.
· Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities.
· Good writing skills
· Leadership Skills
· Diploma in Hotel Management, Food & Beverage, or related field.
· 4 years related experience, including supervisory experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience<br><br>