Holiday Inn Vana Nava Hua Hin
The Holiday Inn Hotels & Resorts brand belongs to the IHG® family, one of the world's leading hotel companies with a presence in almost 100 countries.
At Holiday Inn® our job is to bring the joy of travel to everyone. That's where you come in. When you're part of the Holiday Inn Hotels & Resorts brand you're more than just a job title.
We love the individual talents, interests and dreams that make you who you are. And because your career will be as unique as you are, we'll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start, be involved and grow.
We look for people who are friendly, welcoming and full of life; people who are always finding ways to make every guest's experience an enjoyable one. So whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to Holiday Inn and IHG and we'll make sure you'll have room to be yourself.
Responsible for managing the hotel's training function, including developing a complement of qualified departmental trainers and establishes a hotel system for generating training data and evaluating results. The Training Manager position impacts on the skills, knowledge and attitudes of every hotel employee and ensures the availability and use of effective resource.
Promote a p o sitive team culture while e n suring o ur gu e sts' exp e rience is un i q u e and br i n g s the br a nd to life.
At Holiday Inn Vana Nava Hua Hin we want o u r g u ests to feel spec i al, c o sm o politan a n d In the Know w h ich mea n s we ne ed you to:
• Be charming by being approachable, having confidence and showing respect.
• Stay in the moment by understanding and anticipating guests' needs, being attentive and taking ownership of getting things done.
• Make it memorable by being knowledgeable, sharing stories and showing your style to create moments that make people feel special.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
FIN A NC I AL RET UR N S:
• Ass i st in the cr e ation of a n d work with i n the es t abl i s h ed training b u d g et and c o ntrol expe n s e s.
• Monitor all training courses and mana g e cos t s.
• Monitor other expenses in hotel activity such as Race Around the World, IHG Shelter in a Strom Program and local school visit to be in line with budget.
• Cr e ate training programs to fost e r a positive work envir o n m en t for all empl oy ees. Supp o rt and admin is ter an an n ual team memb e r sat i sfaction survey.
• Co n d u c t new team memb e r ori e ntation p roviding i n f o rmation on ho t el or c o mp an y standards, polic i es, pr o c e d ures, rules a nd te a m memb e r development pro g r a ms.
• Oversee an a c curate a nd u p-to-date training r e c o r d s for all employ e es.
• Build relatio n s with team member and outsi d e c o nt a c ts.
GUEST EXPERIENC E :
• Devel o p cre a tive ways to insp i re a n d m otivate team memb e rs to p rovide g u es t s with a uniq u e experi e nce.
• Build rel a tionsh i ps to u ndersta n d h o w team memb e r s can incr e a s e gu e st sa t is fa c t io n .
• to de v elop initiativ e s to re a c h service sta n dar d s and d rive continu o us improve m ent in the gu e st experie n c e.
RESPONSIBLE BUSINE S S:
• Devel o p aw ar en e ss a nd r e putation of the hotel and the bra n d in the local comm u nity and pro m ote team member invo lv ement in local com m unity.
• Manage the IHG Corporate responsibility program such as IHG Academy to achieve the set target annually.
• R e se a rch a n d investigate all workp l ace issu e s to d i scover fac t s, identify potential risks to the hotel or company, and facilitate resolution t h rough your e m p l oyee relations progr a ms. Esca l ate ser i ous i s sues in a timely mann e r.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES :
• Analyze training needs of the hotel in general and individual departments, and develop strategies which address needs, presenting in the form of a Training Business Plan for the General Manager and Executive Committee for review
• Familiarize yourself with the IHG HR and Training Standards, localizing where necessary
• Ensure effective training programs are in place .
• Establish a training library of books, videos, journals and audio visual materials to assist trainers in their training programs and for staff personal development
• Design, produce and implement training program which meet specific departmental needs in conjunction with Department Heads, ensuring that training session plans are structured and that training is effective
• Attend departmental training session and critique performance
• Use IHG benchmarks to monitor success of training programs and amend your efforts accordingly.
• Assist Department Trainers in preparing and conducting departmental training and assess accordingly
• Prepare and monitor training programs for trainee , management trainee and new hire employee.
• • Obtain a network of specialist training professionals who can assist with the conduct of training programmers for advanced or specialist training
• Ensure that Department Heads abide by their responsibilities of employee training against departmental SOPs Produce monthly training reports for your Manager and the General Manager
• Liaise with other IHG Training Managers to share experiences and resources
• Liaise with educational institutions conducting hospitality and training courses
• Liaise with Labor Skill Department to conduct training as required by law
• Maintain current information and records of suppliers of training resources and materials
• Delivers briefings of all internal program to executive management and department heads
• Contributes towards all activities as directed by Director of Human Resources / General Manager
• Provides input for probation and formal performance appraisal discussions to Line Managers in line with company guidelines
• Coaches, counsels and disciplines staff, providing constructive feedback to enhance performance
• Apply hotel safety and security standard into daily operations
• Perform ot h er duties a s assigned by Director of Human Resources/General Manager.
ACCOUNTABIL I TY
This is typ i ca l ly the only learning and development professi on al in a small to medium ful l -s e r vice hote l . May superv i se c o o rdi n a t o r ( s ) i n a lar g er h otel.
QUAL I F ICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor or Master Degree plus 2 years of teaching ex perie n c e, or an e q uiva l ent comb i nat i on of ed u cat i on and ex p er i ence. M u st sp e ak fluent Eng l ish and specialist in translation and/or prove reading skill. Oth e r la n gua g es may be pref e rred.
This job requ i r es ability to perform the following:
Knowledge of Local and Employment Regulations
Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and Photoshop
• Good writing skills
• Good command in English<br><br>