InterContinental Hua Hin Resort & Holiday Inn Vana Nava Hua Hin .
Oversees all aspects of Public Relation and communication by researching, planning, developing, and executing all marketing communications activities internal and external in line with hotel business needs.
Under the guidance of the Director of Sales & Marketing, responsible for creating the overall image and positioning of the hotel. Sets and c ommunicate s hotel direction, process, and expectations . Initiates new activities and manages existing programmes to further the hotel's prestigious image, as well as controls activities that detract from or are not in line with the hotel positioning.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Budgeting: sets annual marketing budget and d evelops a communications plan with specific goals and budgets. Ensures that budgets are adhered to and P&L statements are checked. Participates in monthly forecasting of the department's expenses.
2. Goal setting: sets goals and evaluates actual achievements on a regular basis tak ing corrective action where necessary . E nsures the communications team is fully briefed on goals and progress.
3. Planning: develops annual marketing plan, incorporating advertising, PR and ecommerce activities, and oversees its execution in line with business needs and communication strategy.
4. Standards: e nsures the communications manual is adhered to and used as a training tool. Ensures that the corporate ID manual is kept up-to-date and implemented as appropriate. Stays connected to the brand through webinars, initiative updates and communicate as needed.
5. Oversees all activities of the marketing, in-house art department and public relations team and ensures goals, timelines and brand standards are adhered to at all times.
6. Joint marketing: oversees l iaison with corporate partners (like for like) companies and agencies such as tourism bureau, banks, credit card companies and alike including responding to media alerts, promotion and partnership opportunities, etc
7. Public relations: develops annual communication plan in line with business goals and oversees PR activities.
8 . E-commerce: sets goals for and oversees the m anagement of hotel web site s , coordination of all other relevant sites, OTA content, social media, the monitoring of 3rd party website presence - i.e. hotel listings, supplying copy, descriptions, images, logos, etc.
9 . Supervises and directs photography for advertising, collateral and public relations purposes in liaison with the advertising agency and corporate marketing team . Oversees print production with graphic designer and printers , ensuring integrity of and brand style for print production with reference to guidelines and provision of guidelines to suppliers and associates where appropriate.
10. Oversees production of all collateral in line with hotel image and business needs.
11. Monitors activities of competitor hotels and trends within the industry.
12 . Reporting: ensures monthly report s are prepared on a timely basis.
13. Create s and maintain s positive, professional working environment.
14. Take s a leadership role in training and development of marketing staff. Establish es training and development program me s to enhance employee knowledge.
1 5 . Performs additional related duties as deemed necessary and appropriate to the marketing status.
MARKETING AND ECOMMERCE
1. Sets budget and annual marketing communication plan. Development and i mplementation of m arketing communication s trategies , ensuring strategies are consistent with the needs and goals of the property both short and long-term.
2. Is pro-active in the planning of DM and eDM activities in line with business needs and oversees their execution. Takes an integrated approach to activities, ensuring a consistent and quality image is projected. Monitors and reviews the response rates to improve and take corrective measures.
3. Development and management of all property collateral including websites, photography, brochures, sales kits , spa, recreation, Club InterContinental and F&B pieces.
4. Maintains budget control.
5. Ensures all distribution channels and loyalty programmes are fully utilized. Conduct s regular reviews to ensure all appropriate systems and procedures are in place. Evaluates performance and sets corrective measures where necessary.
6. Oversees property reputation management through social media and other emerging platforms. Ensure that the Social media strategy is in line with that of brand and is effectively targeting the demographics of the hotel guest .
1. Ensures the public relations programme supports the hotel's business goals. Acts as official spokesperson for the hotel when appropriate . Sets standards for media relations in line with brand guidelines and ensures they are followed .
2. Oversees media contact database . Delegates assigned accounts to C ommunications Marketing Executive as appropriate but takes full responsibility for the key media by maintaining and developing close relationships.
3. Prepares press releases for appropriate targeted media, locally, regionally and internationally.
4. Works closely with relevant department heads, corporate and international press offices to develop story angles. Leverages brand opportunities and contacts such as external agencies for further media dissemination.
5. Plays a key role in community and government relations as well as VIP handling.
6. Secures opportunities, directs and attends hotel sponsored events and develops targeted partner relationships.
7. Creates and organizes press promotional activities , i ncluding s ignature events at the resort.
8. Participates in the press events/trips organized by the regional PR offices as required.
9. Conducts press blitzes when appropriate. Drives pro-active media management within the team.
10. Ensures press kit information is comprehensive and kept up-to-date.
11. Oversees tracking and evaluation of media clippings, ensuring clips contain hotel's key messages in line with communications goals in target media.
1. Liaises with department heads to ascertain business needs and w orks with advertising agency on the rooms, food & beverage, s pa and other r evenue producing departments for tactical advertising campaigns , creative and media plans.
2. Manage s and align s advertising opportunities and spend. Maintains budget control and avoids duplication of advertising appearances by channeling media placements through the InterContinental Brand Marketing / and IHG group agency.
3. E nsur es that the hotel's creative message and media activities are consistent with IGH standards advertising and projects a consistent high quality message. Ensures all collateral is submitted in the monthly guard book and meets approval.
4 . Monitors and maintains media schedules as well as prompt settlement of accounts.
1. Coordinates and executes production of all printed materials, with assistance of advertising a gencies or in house graphic artist , following the specifications stipulated in the corporate ID manual.
2 . Supervises the production and quality of all displays and temporary signage in hotel public areas.
4. Supervises and budgets for quality gift items as appropriate. Ensures correct usage of hotel logo on gift items as stipulated in corporate ID manual.
5. Supervises the in-house graphic designer and/or print shop.
Perform any other duties which may be assigned by the management from time to time.
Key Metrics -
• No. of sales leads from advertisements or promotion activities
• Success of a PR event or promotion measured in terms of clippings and/or AVE
• E - commerce website conversion from look to book
• Increase on p ackages room night selling p roduction
• Increase on Club InterContinental and Villas room night selling p roduction
• Decision Making Responsibilities (Decision Rights) -
• Matters pertaining to marketing communications in the resort
• Within the authority as assigned for Hotel Band 3 role
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Required Skills -
· Demonstrated ability to interact with customers, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
· Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities.
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
· Good Communication and writing skills.
· Bachelor's degree in Sales, Marketing or related field.
· 5 years of relevant experience or similar supervisory role, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience .<br><br>