Job no: MRF311
Kuwait Head Office
IT Alshaya IT is a diverse organisation supporting corporate, warehouse and retail specific IT infrastructure and systems. We have software teams creating and developing in-house applications and product teams optimising and integrating major third party solutions. The rate of growth across divisions and geographies means we are constantly evaluating how we provide robust, scalable and business enabling infrastructure and systems in line with global benchmark standards.
With 80+ globally recognized brands, 50000+ employees and 3500+ stores spread across 20+ countries, Alshaya boasts of one of the largest International Franchise Retailers in the world. To continue their ambitious expansion, Alshaya are currently moving to the next generation applications and development of IT infrastructure with a multi-year business and IT transformation. To support and achieve this aggressive growth, we are currently looking for multiple experienced "Principal Enterprise Architects" to join the Enterprise Architecture team within Alshaya IT division. This role reports to the Head of Enterprise Architecture and is based in Kuwait. The Enterprise Architecture (EA) function is responsible for providing architecture oversight and guidance across the entire application and technology landscape, aligned to the tactical and strategic business initiatives.
• A senior management role, leading and shaping Alshaya's IT strategy to build a strong foundation for business execution
• Responsible for architecture management of applications and technologies for one of the following domain roles:
◦ Retail Store Operations
◦ CRM & Omni-channel
◦ Buying and Merchandising
◦ Supply Chain & Logistics
◦ Data & Analytics
◦ Integration & Middleware
◦ Infrastructure & Technology
• Provide domain specific business technology thought leadership for Phoenix transformation, govern and direct the implementation of Alshaya's best-in-class application platforms by industry-leading vendors
• Create and maintain a roadmap defining current, near term and future architecture direction for the company
• Provide guidance, assistance and communication on architectural designs, definitions and guidelines to vendors, IT delivery and operational teams
• Collaborate and work with other domain EAs to ensure standardization and reuse of IT assets across the entire landscape
• Lead and run domain specific design authorities, ensuring projects' adherence to EA roadmap, guidelines and principles
• Manage the further definition and implementation of the overall EA strategy and framework
• Engage with senior business executives, IT business partners and other EA team members to align specific needs with the long-term vision and strategy, integral to overall IT demand management process
• Articulate architecture vision, IT strategies, and trade-offs to stakeholders, including senior leadership & business partners
• Lead delivery of specific enterprise architectural services, like selection of IT platforms and assistance to the creation of solution roadmap for programs and projects
• Define and mature EA processes, such as the EA assurance process, and for leading the integration of these processes with other related business and IT processes
• Lead IT landscape analysis and audit to identify risks and deficiencies and recommend solutions
• Ensure architectural consistency, alignment and sustainability across the IT landscape by collaborating with and guiding Application change delivery, Services operations, PMO, 3rd party SIs, software vendors and technology services teams
• Degree in Business Management, Computer Science, IT Management or comparable technology / engineering discipline
• 12+ years of industry experience, preferably handling Solution Architecture roles in complex organization(s), of which at least 2-3 years should ideally be fulfilling Enterprise Architecture aligned with given domain(s) of responsibility
• Full lifecycle implementation experience of at least one of the leading application vendors e.g. Oracle, SAP, IBM, JDA. Microsoft, Infor etc. is a must
• Certification in a popular EA framework (e.g. TOGAF or Zachman) is desirable
• Exposure of an EA tool (e.g. Sparx EA, Mega Hopex, Software AG Alfabet, Orbus iServer) is desirable
• Experience of Retail industry is desirable and client side lead consulting/advisory experience will be an advantage
• Specialism in given domains, but good understanding of other domains too from a big picture standpoint
• Familiarity with Systems Delivery Lifecycle concepts and ITIL framework
• People management experience to manage 1 or more direct reports
• Additional training or certification in organization change management is considered an advantage
• Previous experience as a successful enterprise architect with responsibility in the applications domain will be an advantage
About Us: As a leading international franchise operator, with nearly 90 of the world's most recognised brands in its portfolio, Alshaya Group brings great shopping, dining, leisure and hospitality experiences to millions of customers across the Middle East & North Africa, Russia, Turkey, Europe and beyond.
Alshaya Group is a dynamic multinational business and family owned enterprise with a consistent record of growth and innovation. For 35 years, Alshaya has been a pioneering force in brand franchising, using its exceptional knowledge and experience to expand at pace.
Our portfolio of well-loved international brands includes Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang's, The Cheesecake Factory, The Body Shop, M.A.C, Victoria's Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn, KidZania and, coming soon, Hampton by Hilton.
From one retail franchise store opened in Kuwait in 1983, Alshaya Group has consistently grown and diversified and today offers customers an unparalleled choice of brands across multiple sectors; Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings, Leisure & Entertainment, and Hotels. A diverse, skilled team of 53,000 people from 120 nationalities support more than 4,000 stores, cafes, restaurants and leisure destinations, a growing online business and a commitment to delivering great customer experiences.
Advertised: 01 Nov 2017 Arab Standard Time