Commis Chef - Wyndham Garden Manama Bahrain
25 Apr 2018
Commis - Wyndham Garden Manama Bahrain
The primary objective is to learn how to work in every area of the kitchen. In order to accomplish this, the Commis chef may be required to rotate throughout the kitchen, spending a period of time in one kitchen station before moving on to a different one. At each kitchen station, the Commis chef has the opportunity to learn from a different senior chef who is in charge of that area. The Commis may be required to prepare mis en plas and also do the actual cooking under the supervision of the Chef De Partie. He/She is in charge of cleanliness of store, refrigerators, freezers, kitchen machinery and utensils of his outlet or section. Assists the Chef de Partie and Demi Chef with all the kitchen work. The Job incumbent works in line with the hotels guidelines and business plan, and Wyndham Corporate policies and procedures, and according to local requirements and regulations.
It is not the intent of this Jon Description to cover all aspects of the position but to highlight the most important areas of responsibility. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Set up preparation area (includes utensils, pots and pans, cutting boards and knives). As defined by the outlet or section in charge.
- Performs duties as required by section in charge.
- Must keep work area clean at all times and make sure correct use of equipment chillers and freezers.
- Helps the set up of daily buffet as per standards.
- Collects dry store, fruits, vegetables, dairy, raw meat and fish/Sea food requisitioned by the outlet or section in charge.
- Participates in the daily mise en place delegated by the outlet or section in charge.
- Must be willing to learn and attend any training scheduled by department head for the benefit of the employee and organization
- Prompt work pattern and must remain flexible at all times
- Must be willing to be rotated in carious kitchen sections as required
COST CONTROL AND PROFITABILITY
- Deals with spoilage, breakage and accident efficiently in accordance to the required standard.
- Abides by the instructions given by Superiors.
LAWS, REGULATIONS & POLICIES
- Ensures compliance with business operations laws
- Ensures compliance with hospitality operations laws
- Ensures compliance to all applicable laws, and corporate standards and guidelines
- Fosters and develops effective associate relations throughout the hotel
HEALTH & SAFETY
- Ensures that all potential and real hazards are reduced immediately
- Fully understands the hotel's fire, emergency and bomb procedures
- Ensures that emergency procedures are practiced to provide for the security and safety of guests and associates
- Anticipates possible and probable hazards and conditions and corrects them or take action to prevent them from happening
- Ensures that the highest standards of personal hygiene, dress, uniforms and appearance
- Attends meetings and trainings required by the Department Head or Hotel Management.
- Attends meetings and training as required.
- Continuously seeks to endeavor and improve the hotel's efficient operation and knowledge of own job function.
- Ensures all requests and correspondence (e.g. from Department Head) are dealt with in a timely and accurate manner.
- Attends any property meetings that are relevant to the position.
- Is knowledgeable about corporate loyalty / Incentive Programmes.
- Assists colleagues to perform similar or related jobs when necessary.
- Ensures guest satisfaction by attending to their requests and inquiries courteously and efficiently.
- Accepts flexible work schedule necessary for uninterrupted service to hotel guests and the hotel's stakeholders.
- Maintains own working area, materials and company property clean, tidy and in good shape.
- Embraces the core values of Wyndham Hotels and is seen as a brand ambassador of WHG
- Is well updated on, and possesses solid knowledge of the following:
- Hotel fire, bomb and emergency procedures
- Hotel health and safety policies and procedures
- Wyndham Hotels standards of operation and departmental procedures
- Current licensing relating to own responsibility, and to the hotel
- Accepted methods of payment by the hotel
- Corporate clients generating high business volume
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Working under pressure
Alongside these key competencies, the incumbent of the role will be required to demonstrate the fundamentals of the company's Count on Me! service culture to be responsive, respectful and deliver a great experience.
In some locations around the world, Wyndham Hotel Group manages hotel properties on behalf of a third party owner. At many of those properties, the Hotel owner is the actual employer, and Wyndham Hotel Group performs recruiting and hiring functions on their behalf. I understand and agree that, by applying through this site, I may be applying for a position with a company other than Wyndham Hotel Group where Wyndham Hotel Group is serving as the management company and will not be the actual employer.
Minimum one year experience in a similar role in a hotel/resort or restaurant environment