Built in 1979, the original Metropolitan Hotel was famed for being one of Dubai’s first hotels and an institution in itself. ‘The Met’, as it became affectionately known, reigned as a treasured ‘home from home’ amongst local and international guests alike for over 20 years.
We are looking for:-
Front Office Supervisor
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Primarily supervises front office team members to ensure efficient and smooth operations for producing excellent feedbacks and guest satisfaction. Responds in a professional and courteous manner to guests by providing accurate and timely information and services.
You will also ensure hotel charges are processed diligently to guest's accounts, invoices are accurate, billing instructions are verified, all necessary supporting bills and vouchers are attached for direct settlements.
• Front office supervisor’s duty includes making or confirming reservations, verifying and collecting payments, issuing room keys, controlling guest access to safe deposit boxes, and contacting housekeeping or maintenance when guests report a problem.
• Front office supervisors also provide hotel clerks with necessary training and support.
• Other responsibilities of front office supervisor might also include bookkeeping duties, such as balancing accounts, conducting nightly financial audits and referring patron comments and complaints to the appropriate Manager.
• The duties of a front office supervisor include establishing customer satisfaction and handling complaints or problems in an efficient and professional manner.
• Another duty is creating an environment where employees have everything they need to do their job proficiently and take care of customers appropriately.
• Ensure outstanding customer care at all times.
• Maintains a friendly, cheerful and courteous demeanors at all times.
• Courteously and accurately answers inquiries from potential guests and accepts hotel reservations.
• Responds to telephone and in-person inquiries regarding reservations, hotel information and guest concerns.
• Uses suggestive selling techniques to sell room nights, increase occupancy and revenue.
• Supervise daily shift process ensuring all team members adhere to standard operating procedures.
• Train, direct the work of, resolve issues/problems and coach and counsel the front desk team members to ensure a quality operation.
• Resolve customer issues, complaints, problems in a quick, efficient manner to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and quality service.
• Adhere to company credit limit / floor limit policies.
• Allocate rooms to expected arrivals after checking the guest’s preferences and special requests.
• Build strong relationships and liaise with all other department's especially housekeeping, reservations etc.
• Operates the EPBX equipment, including, assisting incoming & outgoing calls, setting wake-up calls, enabling DND (Do Not Disturb) and paging for in-house guests.
• Cross Check all billing instructions are correctly updated
• Controls cash transactions at the front desk and maintains complete responsibility for personal bank as specified by hotel bank agreement policy.
• Supervise the operations of the front desk to ensure an optimal level of service and hospitality is provided to the guests.
• Performs other duties as assigned, requested or deemed necessary by management.
• Ensure Front office log book and hotel log book is always updated and actioned upon.
• Ensures safety by following guest check in and security procedures and reporting suspicious activity to security, manager, or MOD.
• Participate in hotel committees and task force assignments.
• Assist all departments in servicing the guests during high volume periods.
• Takes responsibility in the absence of the Front Office Manager.
• As a supervisor you will be a role model, sharing your expertise and continually inspiring the front office team.
• To understand and strictly adhere to the Rules & Regulations established in the Employees Handbook and the Hotel's policy on Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
• To report for duty punctually wearing smart attire according to the Hotel's dress codes and nametag at all times.
• To maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
• To maintain a good rapport and working relationship with staff in the department and all other departments.
• To attend and contribute to all staff meetings, Departmental and Hotel Training scheduled, and other related activities.
• To respond to any changes in the office function as dictated by the hotel.
• To provide a courteous and professional service at all times.
• Project at all times a positive and motivated attitude and exercise self control.
• Handle guest, suppliers and employee enquiries in a courteous and efficient manner and report guest complaints or problems to supervisors if no immediate solution can be found and assure follow up with guests/suppliers.
HOW CAN YOU SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE?
• Be proactive and use good judgement when dealing with challenging situations
• Act with professionalism and integrity
• Be transparent in your motives, methods and expected results
• Own mistakes and share your knowledge to prevent a repetition of the same error within your department or division
• Conduct business honestly, ethically & fairly
• Keep sensitive information confidential
• Follow through on commitments
• Work well both autonomously and within a team
• Display a positive, approachable attitude
• Spend time getting to know your fellow employees and our guests
• Support each other; we all work within the same hotel and company
• Committed to quality
• Committed to exceptional financial results
• Be responsible for the bottom line
• Committed to the Metropolitan Dubai Hotel Policies & procedures Guide
• Be committed to exceeding expectations
• Never settle for the status quo or mediocre work
• Continuously search for areas of improvement
• Provide positive, constructive feedback
Please apply online with your CV asap.