Reports directly to the Executive Sous Chef or his delegate, provides supervision and direction to Personnel deployed in the Butchers Shop. Interacts and cooperates with other Departments and other sections of Food and Beverage as appropriate
General Tasks and Responsibilities:
1. Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supervises, participates in the pre-preparation of meat, poultry and fish.
• Supplies each outlet with sufficient supply of meat, poultry, fish, including Employee cafeteria
• Checks all incoming, outgoing, meat, poultry, fish for quality quantity and advises Executive Chef of any discrepancies.
• Ensures meat, poultry, fish are stored in accordance with established standards HACCP.
• Ensures that portion control Policy / Standard plating instructions are followed.
• Check daily menu and function sheets to determine appropriate production load.
• Conducts on the Job learning events as appropriate.
• Ensures that Butcher Shop is kept clean and orderly fashion.
• Ensures that all equipment is correctly handled and maintained.
• Establishes and maintains effective employee relations.
• Coaches his employees in his section the “Clear as you Go” method of working.
• Ensures all the meat, poultry and fish are kept covered on correct temperature.
• Prepare daily Market List and store requisition.
• Ensures top quality fish, shellfish, meat, poultry to be received.
• Ensures Hygiene and Sanitation Standards are attained.
• Complies with Hotel Health, Safety & Hygiene Policy.
• Inform on daily basis the Executive Chef / Sous Chef of all relevant information in operational and personal matters, including information, which does not require the Chef.
• Assist Sous Chef to conduct all administrative work required, including, but not
• Limited to the following:
Attendance records in Butcher section
Duty roaster in butcher section
Maintain & Conduct learning events for Saudi learners and records the same.
Maintain standard recipes
Maintain outlets rotating menus.
Maintain & follow-up theme nights and promotional menus.
Prepare departmental task break down and follow the same.