About Fraser Suites Dubai
Situated alongside Media City and Internet City with a much-coveted address, Fraser Suites Dubai rises above Sheikh Zayed Road occupying the uppermost floors of Sidra Tower. Guests enjoy full panoramic views of Dubai city skyline and the spectacular Palm Jumeirah by the Arabian Sea. Each of the 268 hotel rooms and serviced residences exudes an air of contemporary elegance with luxurious furnishings, quality designer amenities and an attention to detail appreciated by those who covet the finest in living.
Apply now and be a part of the winning team of Fraser Suites Dubai!
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
-Attend briefing prior to the restaurant opening, be well groomed and equipped with basic aids for operation.
-Knowledge of all F&B standard operating procedures, quality presentation, and service and products
-Knowledge of the area competition, promotional concepts
-Knowledge of wines and beverages, food trends and special seasonal foods
-Knowledge of the specialties which will be served in the restaurant
-Equip oneself with the knowledge of “dujour” items, “not-available” items, menu preparations and presentations.
-Complete mis-en-scene and mis-en-place before the shift commences.
-Clean and polish allotted silverware cutler, glassware and chinaware. Ensure all equipment is properly utilized.
-Stock side-board with proprietary sauces, linen and other equipments for service.
-Check all furniture in the station maintenance.
-Lay out tables and covers as per standards.
-Fold napkins into prescribed attractive styles.
-Equip one-self with orders pads, pencils, waiter cloths, matches and bottle openers.
-Requisition fresh restaurant linen and flowers in consultation with supervisor.
-Air restaurant by opening windows.
-Ensure all areas in the station are cleaned and organized.
-Acknowledge returning and regular clients
-Greet guests on arrival, provide the menu and advise of any specials.
-Take food and beverage orders and repeat orders, ensuring that the guest gets the right order.
-Enhance food and beverage sales through the art of suggestive up selling.
-Develop restaurant image through high standards of service to guests.
-Knowledge of the different conference packages; different table settings
-Be fully conversant with all hotel facilities and services.
-Act on flags and special requests.
-Maintain detailed awareness or information regarding arrivals, their food and beverage preferences, special needs and expected departures of the day.
-Answer queries on house facilities and places of tourist interest.
-Maintain confidentiality with regard to guest's personal information.
-Provide assistance to guests on all matters relating to their stay.
-Act on any complaint received and follow up with the guests, any comments should be forwarded to the outlet supervisor.
-Check reservations for the shift and allocate with the approval of the outlet supervisor.-Room Service
-Complete mis en place before the shift commences
-Set up trays and trolleys as per standards
-Equip oneself with knowledge of "dujuor" items and "not available" items, menu preparations and presentations.
-Extend warm and courteous service to guests on telephone and receive their food and beverage orders through effective salesmanship.
-Clean and polish allotted silverware, cutlery, glassware and chinaware
-Execute orders in guest rooms ensuring speed, quality and personalization
-Clear trays/trolleys from guest rooms/floor corridors.
-Prepare and place complimentary fruits baskets in guest rooms.
-Attend to room service telephones promptly within three (3) rings.
-Familiarize oneself thoroughly with room service menu
-Take down guest’s food or beverage order as per guest’s requirement and display salesmanship to get greater revenue
-Note down KOT/Check, follow up on orders
-Fill up summary sheet
-Enter in the logbook any complaints, delays, suggestions
-Note down outlet reservation in the reservation register of each closed outlet.
-Make KOTs/Checks from doorknob orders
-Ensure that an absolute degree of courteousness and warmth is maintained when conversing with the guest.
-Maintain cash float & reconcile daily
-Assure accountability for cash float issued.
Internal Business Process
-Comply with and ensure adherence to all of the hotel’s policies and procedures
-Comply with all occupational health and safety policies and procedures
-Attend all scheduled meetings
-Possess a thorough knowledge of operations, cashiering and telephone policies and procedures.
-Ensure that all irregularities are reported to the immediate supervisor.
-Coordination with the following:
-Front Office for arrival, departure, VIP information, group information house count.
-Housekeeping for fresh linen, uniforms, flowers and cleanliness
-Kitchen personnel for placing and pick up of guest food order.
-Stewarding for supplies of silverware
-Bars for beverage requisition
-Stores for material requisition
• Oversee work performance of new Waiter/Waitress when it comes to servicing, posting to micros, audit and cash balance reporting.
• Help train new hires on-the-job-trainees (On the Job Training) and cross-trainees in the food and beverage department.
-Report for duty on time in accordance with the weekly rota.
• Communicate effectively with all other departments.
• Attend meetings, training sessions and any other required meeting or training session.
• Identify opportunities to innovate service delivery and product offering to meet and exceed client expectations.
• Ensure safe work practices are adopted at all time and report any OHS concerns immediately to your direct manager or HR Manager.
• Proactively display and embrace the Company’s ROC.IT Values
KEY RESULT AREAS
• Ensure the presentation, quality and quantity of food and beverages are to the hotel standards.
• All client requests are acted on and in accordance with service standards.
• Maintains a professional and organised work environment
• Guest satisfaction feedback.
• Accuracy of work, cash handling and financial.
• Personal presentation and commitment to the company's core values.
• Bachelor Degree in Hotel and Restaurant Management or Tourism or any Formal hospitality qualifications, desirable
§Competent Word, Excel, Cashiering, operate Micros system and hotel PMS
§Competent Oral and Written English Communication Skills
§Strong organisational and work co-ordinating skills to handle multiple assignments and projects
§Possess a clear diction and a pleasant voice
• ‘Can do’ attitude and a high level of energy
• Self-motivated and able to manage with strong initiative
• Professionally groomed
• Able to work under pressure and on shift schedule
• Adaptable to change
• Socially confident
• Sense of humour
• Arabic speaker
• At least 2 years previous food and beverage experience in a hotel or any 5 star restaurant back ground.