We are looking for a Vice President (Finance) - for a renowned international hotel group to be based in the Corporate office in Bangkok.
1. Minimum education of Masters Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business management with strong Accounting experience
2. Five (5) to Ten (10) years experience in a senior level finance or accounting position
3. Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles
Including automated financial and accounting reporting systems.
4. Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections
5. Working knowledge of short and long term budgeting and forecasting, rolling budgets, and product-line profitability analysis.
6. Experience in Hotel Accounting management is highly preferable.
7. Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects
Job Objectives • Leads the executions of finance and accounting responsibilities for all Dusit International hotels, including but not limited to, budgeting and forecasting, control assessment, financial analysis, cash management, balance sheet, P&L, other financial reporting and system, CAPEX, owner returns and financial risk management.
• Manage and control overseas entities (investments) of Dusit International related to financial report, cash management, budgeting and financial analysis.
• NEW PROJECTS/HOTELS
1. Prepares/reviews projection report, Return on Dusit International Investments (ROI) and budgeting for new projects
2. Coordinates with Director of Development, the hotel HMA’s and any contract for new properties
3. Participates as a pre-opening team member to set up and support new properties
• EXISTING HOTELS
1. Simplifies and standardizes the annual budget format and process for all hotels.
2. Simplifies and standardizes the monthly P&L format from all hotels,.
3. Ensures that:
4. a) the monthly forecasting process is properly coordinated at hotel level (based on present format) and submitted on time (by the 7th of each month) to Corporate office
b) the month-end closing process is properly monitored to ensure that it is done in accordance with company policy and applicable accounting standards, and submitted on time (by the 2nd day of each month)c) to review each hotel's reconciliations every quarter together with the Hotel's DOF and relevant staff from Corporate Office. The balance sheet needs to be tidy and correctly reflect the hotel's financial position in terms of assets and liabilities
Co-ordinates a simple monthly hotel’s performance review for actual month and forecast at corporate office with the COO, VP Operations, AVP Revenue and other executives as necessary. Ensures that the hotel GM’s receive feedbacks on the performance reviews/comments.
5. Guides Hotel GMs and Financial Controllers on obtaining and on maintaining all Licenses necessary to operate the hotel.
6. Guides hotel GMs and Financial Controllers on obtaining all necessary Insurances in line with Corporate directions and local requirements.
7. Simplifies and standardizes as much as possible the hotel’s financial reports that are submitted to owners and to corporate office.
8. Recommends benchmarks for measuring financial performance
9. Assists in establishing short and long range hotel goals and objectives.
10. Participates in key decisions pertaining to strategic intent, and Implementation.
11. Ensures that all hotels’ financial records are managed efficiently and accurately according to Dusit policies and standards
12. Works closely with the (internal/external) Audit Team to ensure that hotels have proper action plan and implementation of the (internal/external) Audit Team’s recommendation (No repetitions of discrepancies)
13. Ensures that the hotel’s accounting procedures and system abide by the laws and regulations of each country
14. Oversees and reviews the budget of all the hotels with the Management Committee.
15. Regularly arranges the credit committee meeting to analyze and follow-up on credits.
16. Assists HQT-Bangkok to follow-up on the payment of Hotel Management fees, Incentive fees and etc.
17. Ensures that all hotels have in place and comply with company’s SOP, policies and process.
• OVERSEAS BRANCH/ENTITY
1. Reviews and authorizes the payment of Dusit overseas branch/entity for HMA related expenses only. Any branch/entity relating to Regional Sales Office, Technical Services, Development and JV fall outside this scope.
2. Supervises budgeting and forecast process of overseas branch/entity for HMA related revenues and expenses only.
3. Liaises with local accounting, tax consultant and external auditors related to financial statement and tax issues for HMA related issues.
4. Cooperates with external entities such as banks, governors or consultants, etc. to get the best advices, procedures or solutions for the Group
5. Facilitates Dusit foreign branch/entity to operate transparently
1. Seeks opportunity to improve productivity.
2. Establishes/develops of the Finance & Accounting System of the hotels
3. Reviews and updates the Accounting Operation Manual and ensures that the accounting teams of the hotels are aware of the changes
4. Assesses and manages financial/business risks to create and preserve value.
5. Conducts and attends meetings relating to Finance & Accounting issues.
6. Builds effective working relationships within the Finance & Accounting Team of the Group and with other Corporate Teams.
7. Performs any duties required by the Management
HUMAN RESOURCES RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Reviews, recommends and approves the hiring of all hotel Directors of Finance
2. Hires, retains and continually develops diverse, high-caliber finance talents. As well as provides necessary training or coaching to staffs to ensure the productivity and to promote the career paths for subordinates.
3. Anticipates future finance talent needs based on business plan. Develops plan to address skills and resource gaps.
4. Ensures that all Accounting staff are up-to-date with modern technology.
5. Conducts the Annual Performance Appraisal for direct reports and provides appropriate feedback and coaching.
6. Ensures that all staff follow Employee - Code of Conducts
1. Plans and implements the Finance & Accounting Budget for the Department.
2. Serves as a Risk management Committee Member and other committees assigned by the Management.
1. Actively involves in the development of effective owner relations and communicates financial strategies for the region/country.
2. Involves in the resolution of owner relations/contract issues as well as ad hoc divisional and operating issues. Have an accountable for compliance with contract and reporting requirements.
3. Ensures that GMs and FCs are knowledgeable about the management contract and structure of the deal and in compliance with contract requirements.
Please apply with your CV urgently.