GUEST SERVICES AGENT
The Guest Services Agent is responsible for providing dedicated and personalised service through, but not limited to, check-in, check-out and request assistance to all guests in accordance to hotel standards, policies and procedures to ensure a seamless stay. Particular focus is required on long-stay requirements that may include move-in, preventive maintenance, high-balance management and billing.
Key Interactions Internally
• Housekeeping Department
• Sales, Marketing and Revenue Department
• Events and Catering Department
• Engineering Department
• F&B Department
• Finance Department
• Talent & Culture Department
• Concierge Department
• Spa and Fitness Department
• Raffles Service Department
• Fairmont Gold Department
• Residences Department
• Security Department
• Executive Office Department
• Global Frequent Fliers Office
• In house, arriving, and departed guests
• Loyalty members
• Visitors and conference/meeting guests
• Taxi, Transportation and Tour companies
• Government & VIP liaison officers
• Travel Agents
• External Suppliers/Sales people
• Local authorities and agencies
PERFORM EFFICIENT AND COURTEOUS FRONT OFFICE SERVICES
• Provide warm welcome and fond farewell for arriving and departing guests, respectively.
• Comply fully with Leading Quality Assurance standards during check-in and check-out processes.
• Provide accurate and complete information regarding guest reservations including stay inclusion, room rates, billing information, and etc.
• Maintain completeness and accuracy of guest and resident profile and pre-arrival reservation requirements.
• Deliver consistent service to all long-term guests at the Raffles Residences.
• Maintain collaborative working relationships with colleagues and leaders.
PROVIDE PERTINENT INFORMATION TO BOTH EXTERNAL AND INTERNAL GUESTS ON ALL HOTEL SERVICES, FACILITIES AND ONGOING PROMOTIONS
• Recommend and upsell hotel services, facilities and products.
• Suggest alternative quality establishments such as restaurants, museums, shopping centers, and etc. around hotel premises, or from requested location.
• Familiarise and upsell ongoing hotel promotions and offers.
• Familiarise and promote hotel loyalty program and other marketing programs.
PROTECT THE PRIVACY AND SECURITY OF ALL REGISTERED GUESTS INCLUDING PROPERTIES BELONGING TO THE HOTEL AND ITS GUESTS
• Assist in handling of missing and lost and found claims from hotel patrons and guests.
• Share and implement among guests hotel house rules and regulations.
• Maintain public area and internal office cleanliness in coordination with Housekeeping Department.
• Adhere to hotel security and safety protocols including emergency preparedness.
• Adhere to proper storage and safekeeping of items and documents containing personal and private information of guests.
• Assist in escalating suspected food-borne illness complaints to leaders.
PARTICIPATE IN DEPARTMENT AND HOTEL ACTIVITIES THAT CONTRIBUTE TO THE ACHIEVEMENT OF CAREER AND HOTEL GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
• Follow the Heartist® approach to guests and resident services.
• Adhere with hotel's Planet21 activities and initiatives.
• Contribute in optimizing department profit by through room upsell and etc.
• Optimizing department budget by wisely utilizing department supplies and inventory.
• Participate in several work-related and career-enhancement trainings provided by the hotel and the department.
• Maintain punctuality and compliance to approved department roster.
• Adhere to hotel's Colleague's Code of Ethics and Grooming Policies.
ASSIST IN THE IDENTIFICATION, INVESTIGATION AND RESOLUTION OF GUEST ISSUES AND COMPLAINTS
• Receive and assess complaints and issues from guests.
• Deliver appropriate response and empathy to guests during complaints and issues.
• Escalate to leaders all matters and incidents concerning hotel guests, their level of satisfaction, and security.
• Assist in recording guest issues and observations.
Main Complexity/Critical issues in the Job
• Efficiency of check in/check out process
• Completeness and timely cascade of all job-related information
• Accuracy in retrieval of guest data and billing
• 24/7 operational availability including reporting for duty during holidays, weekends and overnight shifts
• Organizing multiple long-term residents and their accounts and catering to their specific preferences and needs
Knowledge and Experience
• Diploma or degree preferably in hospitality or related field
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Office
• Preferably with 1 year of relevant e xperience in similar size/style of hotel 4*, 5*, 6* business and/or residential
• PC application and PMS knowledge: Opera (or local equivalent)
• Good interpersonal skills with ability to communicate with all levels of employees
• Service oriented with an eye for details
• Ability to work effectively and contribute in a team
• Good presentation and influencing skills
• Multicultural awareness and able to work with people from diverse cultures
• Flexible and able to embrace and respond to change effectively
• Ability to work independently and has good initiative under dynamic environment
• Self-motivated and energetic
• Communication skills for all levels of colleagues/guests/residents, confident, clear English
• Interpersonal skills to deal with guests, residents and staff issues
• Confidently able to resolve problems and make decisions
• Adaptable to multicultural guest, resident and colleague needs, works with diverse cultures
• Can use sensitivity and discretion in supporting guest, resident and colleague needs
• Leads to constantly improve the guest service experience
• Career focused, wanting to grow and develop, self-driven
Visa Requirements: LOCAL PACKAGE. Must be eligible to work in the Philippines
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
At Raffles and Fairmont Makati we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. Your contribution is important to the success of our Company and we are committed to providing an environment that will foster and reward your efforts. Our teams around the globe endeavor to provide a safe, attractive and dynamic working environment, which will encourage you to take initiative and demonstrate your best abilities. Together we design career plans and unveil new professional perspectives through our various development programs, and with your contribution you will help make your ambitions real. An exciting future awaits!