The Fitness Instructor is responsible for overall operations and guest satisfaction of the fitness area, ensuring the highest level of professionalism in service to all Guests/Members through maximum efficiency, safety, and uncompromising attention to detail and Guest care.
Key Interactions Internally
• Engineering Team
• Housekeeping Team (Laundry)
• Purchasing Team
• Emergency Response Team
• Talent and Culture
• Suppliers and contractors
• Personal Trainers
• In house guests, residents and members
• Walk in guests and potential members
PROVIDES GUEST SERVICEEXPERIENCE THAT MEETS GUEST'S EXPECTATION
• Maintain thorough knowledge of all spa-fitness services, protocols and procedures.
• Maintain cleanliness of all types of equipment, common areas, and service areas.
• Bus and stock all service area items including towels, water, ice, beverages, magazines, newspapers, clean headsets.
• Maintain smooth operation of all equipment through periodic service checks, lubing and reporting work orders promptly.
• Maintain thorough knowledge of all strength and cardio equipment and their programs as well as the proper use, alignment, safety and contraindications.
• Maintain current CPR, First Aid certifications.
• Maintain professional certifications while continually pursuing a greater degree of knowledge and expertise through self-study, in-services offered, program development and other continuing education efforts.
• Administer health history, questionnaires, fitness-wellness evaluations as set forth by Programs Administrator.
• Lead fitness exercise sessions, personal training sessions, group training experiences, in - service education sessions.
• Appointment setting and scheduling of personal appointments as well as appointments for Team Members.
• Safeguard all Clients, Guests, Members, Colleagues and Team Members throughout each experience, while upholding the philosophy of the spa fitness center.
• Maintain accurate records of all personal training clients, classes taught, coaching sessions and other professional services provided.
• Maintain current tracking records of all clients, with a special emphasis on proper procedure and protocol.
• Timely written reports of all incidents, work orders, safety and first aid occurrences.
• Attend weekly/monthly facility team and departmental communications meetings.
• Adhere to Spa Policy & Standard Operating Procedures Manual.
Health and Safety
• Follow all safety procedures and ensure that Colleagues follow all safety procedures and practices.
• Adhere to facility operations departmental emergency procedures/safety manual.
• Ensure spa-fitness department maintains a positive relationship with all departments in the spa and hotel.
• Ensure Colleagues have a complete understanding of and adhere to the spa-fitness center's policy relating to safety.
• Ensure that Colleagues are well versed in all spa-fitness center operations (cross-trained).
• Ensure all Colleagues adhere to spa-fitness standards as stated in the employee handbook.
• Ensure the spa-fitness facility is in peak condition at all times (operations and cleanliness).
• Ensure Guest/Member satisfaction at all times by ensuring that safety and service is always the spa fitness center's first priority.
Main Complexity/Critical issues in the Job
• Medical emergency in the Fitness area
• Injury caused by personal training facilitated
• Alleged harassment
Knowledge and Experience
• Valid Personal trainer certification through a nationally recognized certifying agency/organization (NSCA, ACSM,ACE, AFAA, ISSA).
• Minimum of 1 year experience in fitness-wellness field.
• Experience instructing and leading exercise in an adult fitness setting, using proper form and spotting techniques.
• Experience in administering PAR-Q, health risk and history, fitness assessments, and client consultation.
• Multi-talented individual with experience in group class instruction of: movement arts, Pilates, mat sciences, cardio-boxing, flexibility, agility, Tai Chi, meditation, nutrition, lifestyle coaching, etc.
• Interest and ability to relate to people with diverse backgrounds.
• Be willing and able to work a variety of shifts, days, times as needed.
• Interest and experience in a lifestyle wellness philosophy that incorporates the balanced basics of food, water, rest and activity.
• Guest focused with a passion for service and standards excellence.
• Must be able to work well under pressure in a fast paced and constantly changing environment.
• Excellent written and verbal interpersonal and communication skills.
• Strong guest service orientation and training skills background required.
• Ability to work independently and prioritize responsibilities.
• Physical aspects of the position include but are not limited to f requent standing and walking throughout shift.
• Physical Therapist Diploma/Degree is an asset
Visa Requirements: LOCAL PACKAGE. Must be eligible to work in the Philippines
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
At Raffles and Fairmont Makati we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. Your contribution is important to the success of our Company and we are committed to providing an environment that will foster and reward your efforts. Our teams around the globe endeavor to provide a safe, attractive and dynamic working environment, which will encourage you to take initiative and demonstrate your best abilities. Together we design career plans and unveil new professional perspectives through our various development programs, and with your contribution you will help make your ambitions real. An exciting future awaits!