Assistant Restaurant Manager
To support Restaurant Manager to manage the operation of the restaurant, including the development and performance management of employees. Oversee the financial aspects of the operations, optimizing profits while ensuring the highest level of service quality is provided to Hotel guests.
Hotel Overview: Raffles Makkah Palace promises the exceptional standards inherent in the Raffles name and enhanced by Arab hospitality values. Raffles Makkah Palace offers 214 Suites & duplex Villas with breathtaking views of the Masjid Al Haram, the Holy Ka'aba and the city. The hotel combines the best of local cuisine and international dishes in each of its four outlets creating a unique and welcoming atmosphere in this diving setting. Guests can also indulge and immerse themselves in a relaxing sensory experience in our world renowned spa and fitness center or hold high-powered business gatherings in any of our state-of-the-art meeting rooms.
Summary of Responsibilities:
• Motivate, discipline, direct and supervise the work of restaurant managers and assistant managers while maintaining effective relationships
• Be present in day-to-day outlet operations to ensure standards are being followed
• Adhere to company standards and service levels to increases sales and minimize costs, including food, beverage, supply, utility and labor costs
• Assist in the preparation of F&B Outlets' budgets, forecasts and performance reports
• Analyze financial and operating information and prepares financial and business reports for senior F&B Management
• Review the various Operations Manuals and incorporate into training
• Supervise F&B employees, including work allocation, training, and problem resolution
• Ensure a safe working and guest environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents
• Ensure highest level of service in F&B Outlets by effectively responding to complaints
• Develop employees by providing ongoing feedback, establishing performance expectations and conducting performance reviews
• Prepare payroll and gratuity reports as required
• Attend monthly staff meetings to discuss P&L statements and other operational issues
• Establish guest database with preference records of regular guests
• Responsible for receiving business card collection and guest comments.
• Establish/review sales incentive programs on a periodic basis, rewarding high achievers
• Maintain and control inventory of outlet/restaurant equipment and ensure that inventory is kept clean and in good shape
• Assume regular responsibility for shift managerial duties, especially with VIP functions
• Consistently look for improvements in F&B outlets to stay on top of competitors
• Ensure hygiene standards and relevant health and safety regulations are adhered to
• Manage organization and cleanliness of departmental areas by conducting weekly walk through with Hygiene Manager, Housekeeping and Engineering Department
• Regularly inspect food & beverage quality
• Constantly monitor the staff's appearance, attitude and degree of professionalism
• Manage daily restaurant operations: staffing, scheduling, repair and maintenance, cleanliness, organization, service timing, quality product, etc.
• Maintain opening, running and closing duties for department.
• Excellent reading, writing and oral proficiency in English
• Experienced in all aspects of restaurants service
• Must be well-presented and professionally groomed at all times
• Excellent leader and trainer with solid motivational and teamwork skills
• Attention to detail and strong interpersonal skills to deal with diverse staff
• Possess a high degree of professionalism, sound human resources management capabilities, business acumen, energy and determination
• Proven organizational skills, able to set and meet deadlines with quality results
• Able to handle the pressures of simultaneously coordinating a wide range of activities and recommend appropriate solutions to restaurant problems
Visa Requirements: Candidate selection will be based on visa availability at Raffles Makkah Palace. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation
Living & Working at Raffles Makkah Palace: Satisfying our Guests is important to us, and we extend these values to our colleagues as well. We offer competitive salaries, top market service charge, gratuities, quality medical benefits and furnished accommodation. It is important to note that there are currently no income taxes in the Saudi Arabia! Raffles Makkah Palace offers you an unparalleled opportunity to provide top-tier hospitality and spiritual service to visitors of the holiest city in the world for Muslims. To find out more, please visit the following sites:
Ahlan Wa Sahlan, Welcome to Makkah
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
At Raffles Makkah Palace we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. Your contribution is important to the success of our Company and we are committed to providing an environment that will foster and reward your efforts. Our teams around the globe endeavour to provide a safe, attractive and dynamic working environment, which will encourage you to take initiative and demonstrate your best abilities. Together we design career plans and unveil new professional perspectives through our various development programs, and with your contribution you will help make your ambitions real. An exciting future awaits!