The position is responsible to manage the daily operations in the housekeeping sections (for both Fairmont and Raffles) ensuring the ultimate comfort, cleanliness, safety and standards for all guest and members as expected by Raffles Hotels & Resorts. He/she will maintain superior standards of presentation, maintenance and cleanliness in all areas of the hotel while ensuring the safety and confidentiality of all guests. He/she will act as a leader to all Housekeeping team members and assist with guest and colleague concerns.
Key Interactions Internally
• Front Office Team
• Engineering Team
• Laundry Team
• Food and Beverage Team
• In house guests
• Agency Coordinator
• Laundry Service Provider
MAINTAIN THE CLEANLINESS AND QUALITY OF GUESTROOMS
• To ensure standards of cleanliness, hygiene and tidiness in all
• Supervising the daily cleaning of assigned rooms, to the highest standards. This includes changing bed linen, replacing towels, cleaning bathrooms thoroughly, vacuuming, mopping and dusting daily.
• Conducts daily inspections of vacant ,occupied, out of service and out of order guestrooms and floors.
• Ensuring the upkeep of vacant rooms.
• Inspects show rooms, guestrooms, guest elevator foyers, storage and supply rooms, and Room Attendant's carts and closets to ensure the quality of work of the Housekeeping Team
• Physically check discrepant rooms to ascertain status. Confirm status of all rooms at end of day.
• Notify Room Attendant/House Attendant of any deficiencies found, and return to correct when applicable. Re-inspect corrected room
• Ensures checkout rooms are returned to inspected status in a timely manner
• To report necessary maintenance items
PROVIDE GUESTROOM EXPERIENCE THAT MEETS GUESTS' EXPECTATIONS
• Must drive the department to help achieve Key Performance Indicators and goals and targets set by the management:
• Guest Satisfaction - Voice of the Guest (VOG)
• Brand Compliance - Leading Quality Assurance (LQA)
• To ensure standards of cleanliness, hygiene and tidiness of the room
• To ensure completeness of OS and E set up in the room.
• Ensuring guest property left behind is logged and stored in a secure location for lost property
• Resolving any guest issue or complaints when possible and ensuring management are kept informed.
• Acting on any maintenance requests in order to comply with the hotel's established quality standards and ensure guest satisfaction.
• Checking the profile of guest to ensure that all the preferences will be in the room upon arrival
• Excellent attention to detail with high levels of successful communication
• Be knowledgeable on all current guest services and events in the hotel
• Ensures Room Attendants are informed daily about VIPs, extras - priority in their section
• Personalize guest experience
SUPERVISION OF THE ROOM ATTENDANTS
• Actively participate in daily briefing, daily warm up and department briefings and maintains a presence as requested at hotel and department meetings
• Assists with and lead Room Attendant, Turndown Attendant, and House Attendant with daily duties
• Verifies rooms with Privacy Please indicators and co-ordinate make up with Room Attendants
• Reports any damage, special cleaning, change of soft furnishings etc to Royal Service on any issues in all areas of the hotel
• Supervise the daily operations in the housekeeping sections of Raffles Suites and Raffles Residences (including unit owners and renters)
• Confirm that all daily duties are completed to standard by: Room Attendants
• . A hands on approach with strong leadership skills and the ability to successfully train, guide and mentor staff.
• To follow all safety and sanitation policies
• To follow departmental policies and procedures
Monitoring of supplies and productivity
• Ensure casual manpower is monitored and controlled based on occupancy level and Agency requisition format
• To ensure no abuse/wastage of guest supplies
• To follow the Proper handling and dispose of linens
• To ensure Room cleaned and released in a timely manner
• Ensure 12 credits productivity per RA in Raffles and 14 rooms productivity per RA in Fairmont
Main Complexity/Critical issues in the Job
• Room Cleanliness
• Timeliness of room cleaning, returning rooms for use
• Response to guest needs/guest complaints
Knowledge and Experience
• Degree or Diploma in Hospitality Management
• Minimum two (2) years of work experience as a Supervisor or similar level in Housekeeping; an operational knowledge and proficiency in Property Manager (Opera); training experience preferred.
• Fluent in English and Filipino (verbal/written)
• Presentable, well groomed with exceptional leadership quality
• Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
• Highly responsible & reliable
• Ability to work well under pressure and independently in a fast paced environment
• Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
• Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
• Previous experience in a managerial capacity
• Proven ability to guide and coach team members
• Recognized commitment to housekeeping operations and exceeding guest expectations
• Proven ability to balance complimentary objectives, guest service, colleague satisfaction and profitability
• Excellent leadership, written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills
• Self-motivation and organizational skills with the initiative and ability to complete projects in a timely manner and proven ability to work under pressure
• A working knowledge of a second or third language and its application in the hotel and hospitality operation is an asset
Visa Requirements: LOCAL PACKAGE. Must be eligible to work in the Philippines
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
At Raffles and Fairmont Makati we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. Your contribution is important to the success of our Company and we are committed to providing an environment that will foster and reward your efforts. Our teams around the globe endeavor to provide a safe, attractive and dynamic working environment, which will encourage you to take initiative and demonstrate your best abilities. Together we design career plans and unveil new professional perspectives through our various development programs, and with your contribution you will help make your ambitions real. An exciting future awaits!