EXECUTIVE SOUS CHEF
Assist the Executive Chef in the operation and administration, and has overall responsibility in the absence of the Executive Chef in planning, organizing, and managing all activities within the Food preparation areas.
• Managing Director
• Hotel Director
• Culinary Team
• Rooms Division
• Front of the House Team
• Housekeeping Team
• Talent & Culture Team
• Finance Team
• F&B Service Team
• Engineering Team
• Sales & Marketing Team
• Marketing Communications Team
• In House Guest
• Partner hotels
• Competitor hotels
1 st primary responsibilities (Manage Daily operation of culinary service)
• Efficient and diplomatic in all situations involving any aspect of Food and Beverage where the reputation of the hotel is represented.
• As an Executive Sous Chef, you will be an ambassador for the exceptional cuisine that is hallmarks of our dining experience. Your warm, personal attention and knowledge of our outstanding Food and Beverage offerings makes guests of our restaurants and lounges feel unique and valued.
• Actively participate in the strategic planning and ongoing development of the hotel, including revenue forecasting, ensuring the delivery of our environment commitments, overseeing the health, safety and security of our guests and colleagues
• Lead and support all departments in the achievement of their financial and operational targets via effective organizational development, policy and procedural development, and appropriate colleague training activities
• Oversee the selection, training and development of all Culinary colleagues to ensure timely recruitment and a focus on career growth and development
• Clearly demonstrate to guests and colleagues a commitment to service excellence through the effective implementation and delivery of Raffles and Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Core Standards at all times
• Foster a winning, solution-oriented work environment, motivating and engaging colleagues to continuously deliver the best possible service to our guests
• Ensure all kitchens are compliant with Raffles and Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Food & Beverage service standards and controls
• Ensure that all kitchen operations are compliant with legislated food safety regulations.
• Source local ingredients for seasonal food items
• Ensure that all menus are created using guest feedback, industry trends, competitive intelligence, seasonal offerings and all service standards
• Work together with the F&B Manager on all areas pertaining to menus and food service
• Develop menus for all food operations. Ensure all menu items are costed accurately
2 nd primary responsibilities: Manage P&L and Budget of Culinary Service
• Responsible for attaining food cost of sales goals by overseeing ordering, inventories and food controls for the entire division. Will work with food stores to ensure proper delivery(and quality) of all food items
• Assist in the annual planning of the F&B budget as it pertains to the kitchen (food cost, productivities), as well as implementation and regular monitoring of the budget/forecasts
• Work with Sous Chefs to ensure that the weekly productivity forecast is completed accurately and in a timely fashion
• Play an active role in the F&B operation committee meetings
• Ensure that work on the kitchen action plans for Colleague engagement and Guest satisfaction remain the focus for the kitchen team
• Liaise with all departments to ensure that there is clear communication and understanding and positive relationships between the departments and the kitchen (Events, Accounting, HR, Engineering, etc)
• Ensure heart of house is clean and well maintained-maintain effective preventative maintenance program for all kitchens
• Responsible for the running of the Employee Dining Room, including cleanliness, operation and food production
Main Complexity/Critical issues in the Job
• Efficiency of quality customer service to all our guests.
• Management of the guest service experience / personalization.
• Management of guest complaints.
Span of Control
Knowledge and Experience
• Diploma/Degree in Culinary Arts or related discipline an asset.
• 5-6 years experience in multi-outlet kitchens with a strong general operational knowledge and a minimum of 2 - 3 years in a senior Culinary leadership role.
• Fluent in English.
• Advanced knowledge of the principles and practices within the Food & Beverage/Hospitality profession.
• Advanced certification in safety and sanitation from an accredited institution.
• Computer literacy a must, with a strong knowledge of Word, Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
• Presentable, well groomed with leadership quality.
• Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
• Highly responsible & reliable
• Ability to work well under pressure and independently in a fast paced environment
• Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
• Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Able to develop strong work relationships with both Guests and Colleagues alike
• Must be able to handle a multitude of tasks in an intense, ever-changing environment while remaining calm and collective
• Must be flexible in terms of working hours