Address Sky Views is looking for Executive Pastry Chef to join our pre-opening team 2 nd quarter of 2019.
Responsible for planning, directing, controlling, coordinating and participating in the day-to-day preparation and production of all pastry item for buffets and outlets if required. Controlling of receiving, commissary and stores. Ensures that the product is of the highest quality, and that this is consistently achieved. Assists the Executive Chef in his tasks and supports his responsibilities.
Supervision of Subordinates
- Organise and supervise the activities and work of direct reports to ensure that all work within a specific team is completed to the required standards and in line with Emaar operating policies and procedures.
- Provide on-the-job training and constructive feedback to subordinates to support their overall development. Quality, Health, Safety, & Environment (QHSSE)
- Ensure compliance to all relevant QHSSE management procedures and controls within a defined area of activity so that Emaar provides a safe, world class, secure and environmentally responsible service to customers, the public and its own people. Continuous Improvement, Training and Development
- Motivate subordinates and contribute to the identification of opportunities to take part in change initiatives, programmes and projects that reflect international best practice and changes in the competitive environment.
- Oversee and conduct training for associates as well as implementation of regular training programmes, monthly team training classes and ensure a monthly training calendar is updated weekly and sessions are conducted punctual.
- Ensure all kitchen associates to comply with the minimum standard of the hotels training hours.
- Follow HACCP and local Hygiene law training courses
- Attend Hotel provided training classes to upgrade your own skills and knowledge
- Implement and maintain a comprehensive training program for all culinary and stewarding associates that complies with EHG learning and development standards. This training program will include but not be limited to practical cooking skills, hygiene, health and safety, quality, and EHG core values.
- Supervise kitchen and production activities, ensuring personal and team compliance with EHG policies and procedures relating to products, presentations, cash procedures and stock control.
- Comply with hotel and EHG standard operating procedures and practices so that a consistent experience and product is delivered within agreed financial parameters.
- Continuously review and recommend improvements to control quality of production and presentation, food cost, cleanliness, sanitation and hygiene.
- Ensure all preparation of food is done according to EHG and brand recipes and presentation standards.
- Assist the Executive Chef in performing his duties and acts as Executive Chef in his absence.
- Attend/host daily briefings attend if required F&B briefings/Catering meetings/HACCP meeting and any meetings invited or assigned.
- Maintain good and open minded relationships with other F&B section heads, outlets and other departments within the hotel.
- Control daily that all guest, hotel e-mails or Banquet request are answered within 24hrs either by mail, fax or a personal phone call.
- Supervise and allocate work to associates according to their knowledge and skill level.
- Submit new proposals to the Executive Chef for discussion prior to food tasting.
- Develop recipes and presentation pictures for new menus and standards accurately and always update them.
- Control that yearly vacation leave schedule is cleared within time for all his respective associates.
- Maintain a logbook during the Executive Chefs day off of all daily reports and complaints.
- Ensures that all Pastry & Bakery P.A.L's follow and understand their job description.
- Report any incident, problems and complaints to the Executive Chef.
Hygiene, Health and Safety
- Comply with local health and hygiene regulatory requirements by continuously reviewing the standard and quality of raw foods purchases, reviewing kitchen operations and product standards.
- Understand and operate within local food hygiene and HACCP standards as per Dubai Municipality to ensure legal and regulatory compliance.
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of, and comply with, EHG's policy relating to hygiene, health and safety relating to provision of all food and beverage services.
- Ensure all back of house areas are maintained to the specified levels of cleanliness, and maintenance and report variances for correction. Menu Planning and Product Development
- Implement menu changes, promotional offerings and seasonal menu launches in conjunction with F&B to ensure the restaurant's offering is fresh, diverse and in line with brand.
- Monitor local and international food trends to ensure food is at the cutting edge of variety, standard and presentation at all times. Purchasing and Cost Control
- Ensure Pastry& Bakery kitchen operations and production does not undergo minimum food cost, and ensure overspend is within tolerance and has valid rationale.
- Procure food orders and supplies in accordance with established procurement practices.
- Ensure management of storing facilities is done so in compliance with internal policies, ensuring accurate records for fridges and stores regarding temperatures, state of expiry dates are maintained.
- Document and share information required for recipe calculations, and ensure the Cost Controller has the necessary information to undertake monthly inventory taking.
- Oversee commodity delivery and where necessary refuse delivery should products not meet agreed specifications or quality standards.