AUDIO VISUAL SUPERVISOR
To ensure the successful planning, organization, coordination setup and operation of all the Banquet Audio & Video Operation base on the requirements indicated and specified in the Banquet Event Order (BEO).
Key Interactions Internally
• Engineering Team
• Talent & Culture Team
• F&B Service Team
• Conference Services & Catering Team
• Marketing Communications Team
• IT Team
1 st primary responsibilities: Manage the daily operations of Banquet Services
• To lead the team of A V Technicians support group, by planning, communication, ensuring continuous training and execution of all standards are achieved in a timely and efficient manner.
• To ensure that all A V Technician staff will be assigned work specific functions and tasks and are held accountable to the expectations.
• To ensure complete Audio & Video Set up and check equipment for Banquets functions based on daily issue of function sheets (Banquet Event Order) including removal and storage of all A V Equipment.
• To carry out work as assigned for set up of all functions.
• Operates equipment for functions as when required.
• Ensures on a monthly basis that an inventory is conducted for all Audio and Video equipment used for Banquets.
• Ensures that all outgoing and incoming equipment which have been requested for banquets outside catering or any other equipment being loaned and used in other Outlets I Section or Department of the hotel are logged daily.
• To carry out and update assignments on the Preventive Maintenance Program. Ensure company standards on equipment, facility, and grounds are maintained by using a preventative maintenance program.
• Cooperates and provides assistance with other Engineering staff and IT staff whenever necessary and available.
• Maintains cleanliness and orderliness inside AJV Control Room and A V Storage Room.
• Inspects all function room daily and breakouts area, ladies and gents toilet, ensuring all lights, NC and services are defect free. Repairs or replaces lamps immediately as part of your side duties.
• To carry out any work requested by the Banquet Manager, Chief Engineer, IT Manager.
• Follow details as required on printed information, convention resumes, and event contracts as required.
• Ensure all room Audio & Video set up requirements are accurate, timely and meet established standards
• Any and all other responsibilities as needed and required
• To ensure the financial success of the department by monitoring productivity, revenues and costs. To proactively implement appropriate procedures or programs wherever necessary
• To develop and maintain a safety culture within the department and ensure departmental adherence to and awareness of Health & Safety standards
• Ensure Occupational Safety & Health Act, local health and safety codes, and company safety and security policy are met
2 nd primary responsibilities: General responsibilities
• To promote efficiency, confidence, courtesy and an extremely high standard of social skills.
• To generally promote and ensure good inter-departmental relations.
• To display a pleasant manner and positive attitude at all times and to promote a good company image to guests and colleagues. Display professional behaviour, integrity, pride and loyalty to the Hotel and it's team
• To demonstrate pride in the workplace and good personal appearance I hygiene at all times when representing the hotel thus identifying a high level of commitment.
• To adhere to Company and Hotel rules and regulations at all times.
• Makes decisions that are in the best interest of our constituents - colleagues, guests, owners, and brand.
• Ensure all situations are handled with our values in mind - Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment.
• Handle guest complaints in the most diplomatic manner
• Keep storerooms in a state of readiness, cleanliness and tidiness
• Develop and implement cost saving and profit enhancing measures
• To assist guests and colleagues with any special requests they may have
• To report and maintain a log sheet for any equipment failures/problems to the Maintenance Department (Engineering & IT Department).
• To pass any maintenance requests to the Maintenance Department (Engineering & IT Department).
• To participate in any Training/Developments schemes as recommended by senior management.
• To assist the Banquet Manager in any task outlined/detailed by him/her.
• To comply with any reasonable request made by management to the best of your ability.
Main Complexity/Critical issues in the Job
• Efficiency of quality customer service to all our guests.
• Management of the guest service experience / personalization.
• Management of guest complaints.
Knowledge and Experience
• Strong Audio and Visual knowledge.
• Highly detail oriented with excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Creative, self-motivated and energetic team-player.
• Must be a highly organized individual with the ability to handle numerous tasks at one time.
• The ability to delegate tasks to team members and facilitate their completion.
• Must possess leadership qualities and follow up skills.
• Excellent organizational skills required.
• Passion for technical matters.
• Results oriented with the ability to be flexible and to work well under pressure.
• Creative, effective leader and team player, possessing a high degree of professionalism, sound human resources management principles, communication, administrative skills, ambition, drive, energy and determination.
• Working knowledge of Audio and Visual is system an asset.
• Excellent organizational skills required.
• Sense of humor.
• Results oriented with the ability to be flexible and to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
• Creative, effective leader and team player, possessing a high degree of professionalism, sound human resources management principles, communication, administrative skills, and the ability to make sound and timely business decisions.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with strong written and verbal communication abilities
• Previous experience in a supervisory role in Food and Beverage an asset
• Enthusiastic, fun and energetic personality
• Must be interested in continuous learning to enable future successes and personal growth
• Must be willing to take a proactive role in team development, well-being and colleague personal growth, therefore previous staff training and development experience is an asset
• Experience with decision-making, multitasking, improving processes and problem solving
• Must be flexible in terms of working hours.
• Must effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests.
• Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
• Must be able to handle a multitude of tasks in an intense, ever-changing environment.
• Must be effective at handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary.
• Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal and administrative skills and excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks.
• Strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate people.
• The ability to think 'out of the box' and see the big picture .