GUEST SERVICE AGENT - RAFFLES
The Guest Services Agent is responsible for providing dedicated and personalised service through, but not limited to, check-in, check-out and request assistance to all guests in accordance to hotel standards, policies and procedures to ensure a seamless stay. Particular focus is required on long-stay requirements that may include move-in, preventive maintenance, high-balance management and billing.
Key Interactions Internally
• Housekeeping Department
• Sales, Marketing and Revenue Department
• Events and Catering Department
• Engineering Department
• F&B Department
• Finance Department
• Talent & Culture Department
• Concierge Department
• Spa and Fitness Department
• Raffles Service Department
• Fairmont Gold Department
• Residences Department
• Security Department
• Executive Office Department
• Global Frequent Fliers Office
• In house, arriving, and departed guests
• Loyalty members
• Visitors and conference/meeting guests
• Taxi, Transportation and Tour companies
• Government & VIP liaison officers
• Travel Agents
• External Suppliers/Sales people
• Local authorities and agencies
PERFORM EFFICIENT AND COURTEOUS FRONT OFFICE SERVICES
• Provide warm welcome and fond farewell for arriving and departing guests, respectively.
• Comply fully with Leading Quality Assurance standards during check-in and check-out processes.
• Provide accurate and complete information regarding guest reservations including stay inclusion, room rates, billing information, and etc.
• Maintain completeness and accuracy of guest and resident profile and pre-arrival reservation requirements.
• Deliver consistent service to all long-term guests at the Raffles Residences.
• Maintain collaborative working relationships with colleagues and leaders.
PROVIDE PERTINENT INFORMATION TO BOTH EXTERNAL AND INTERNAL GUESTS ON ALL HOTEL SERVICES, FACILITIES AND ONGOING PROMOTIONS
• Recommend and upsell hotel services, facilities and products.
• Suggest alternative quality establishments such as restaurants, museums, shopping centers, and etc. around hotel premises, or from requested location.
• Familiarise and upsell ongoing hotel promotions and offers.
• Familiarise and promote hotel loyalty program and other marketing programs.
PROTECT THE PRIVACY AND SECURITY OF ALL REGISTERED GUESTS INCLUDING PROPERTIES BELONGING TO THE HOTEL AND ITS GUESTS
• Assist in handling of missing and lost and found claims from hotel patrons and guests.
• Share and implement among guests hotel house rules and regulations.
• Maintain public area and internal office cleanliness in coordination with Housekeeping Department.
• Adhere to hotel security and safety protocols including emergency preparedness.
• Adhere to proper storage and safekeeping of items and documents containing personal and private information of guests.
• Assist in escalating suspected food-borne illness complaints to leaders.
PARTICIPATE IN DEPARTMENT AND HOTEL ACTIVITIES THAT CONTRIBUTE TO THE ACHIEVEMENT OF CAREER AND HOTEL GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
• Follow the Heartist® approach to guests and resident services.
• Adhere with hotel's Planet21 activities and initiatives.
• Contribute in optimizing department profit by through room upsell and etc.
• Optimizing department budget by wisely utilizing department supplies and inventory.
• Participate in several work-related and career-enhancement trainings provided by the hotel and the department.
• Maintain punctuality and compliance to approved department roster.
• Adhere to hotel's Colleague's Code of Ethics and Grooming Policies.
ASSIST IN THE IDENTIFICATION, INVESTIGATION AND RESOLUTION OF GUEST ISSUES AND COMPLAINTS
• Receive and assess complaints and issues from guests.
• Deliver appropriate response and empathy to guests during complaints and issues.
• Escalate to leaders all matters and incidents concerning hotel guests, their level of satisfaction, and security.
• Assist in recording guest issues and observations.
Main Complexity/Critical issues in the Job
• Efficiency of check in/check out process
• Completeness and timely cascade of all job-related information
• Accuracy in retrieval of guest data and billing
• 24/7 operational availability including reporting for duty during holidays, weekends and overnight shifts
Organizing multiple long-term residents and their accounts and catering to their specific preferences and needs
Knowledge and Experience
• Diploma or degree preferably in hospitality or related field
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Office
• Preferably with 1 year of relevant e xperience in similar size/style of hotel 4*, 5*, 6* business and/or residential
• PC application and PMS knowledge: Opera (or local equivalent)
• Good interpersonal skills with ability to communicate with all levels of employees
• Service oriented with an eye for details
• Ability to work effectively and contribute in a team
• Good presentation and influencing skills
• Multicultural awareness and able to work with people from diverse cultures
• Flexible and able to embrace and respond to change effectively
• Ability to work independently and has good initiative under dynamic environment
• Self-motivated and energetic
• Communication skills for all levels of colleagues/guests/residents, confident, clear English
• Interpersonal skills to deal with guests, residents and staff issues
• Confidently able to resolve problems and make decisions
• Adaptable to multicultural guest, resident and colleague needs, works with diverse cultures
• Can use sensitivity and discretion in supporting guest, resident and colleague needs
• Leads to constantly improve the guest service experience
• Career focused, wanting to grow and develop, self-driven