Go Put the World on Vacation At Wyndham Destinations our goal is simple: to put the world on vacation. Our award-winning team of nearly 25,000 associates is diverse and dedicated, caring and creative. Together we're shaping the future of the timeshare industry by doing things never done before. That's part of what makes our work fun and interesting. Every day is a chance to learn something new and influence the global business. This Sr. Director Finance - EMEA is a key senior role with a direct reporting line to the SVP, RCI Exchanges with a close dotted reporting line to the Managing Director EMEA. The Senior Director, Finance will be an active member of the RCI EMEA Exchanges Senior Leadership Team responsible and accountable for all matters Finance related. In addition, as a member of the Senior Leadership Team you will provide strategic support across all businesses and take ownership of key strategic initiatives both at local level and globally. The Senior Director, Finance will hold responsibility for ensuring accurate, timely and consistent provision of financial information for RCI EMEA, DAE EME, Love Home Swap and Wyndham Destinations European HQ functions, to support stakeholders in management decision making, as well as adhering to all corporate reporting, forecasting, accounting and compliance requirements. MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES Leadership
- Support and drive revenue growth and profitability for EMEA through goal setting, finance insight and decision support, reporting and analysis - partnering with regional leadership and operations.
- Oversee accounting and finance operations for RCI Exchanges EMEA and Wyndham Destinations Europe corporate functions, including leading transition and integration projects as appropriate. Includes determining optimal team structure, process design, and interaction with corporate leadership to optimize support.
- Establish Finance operational strategies across RCI EMEA and provide support for the family of RCI Exchanges brands in the region by evaluating trends; establishing critical measurements; determining productivity, quality and customer service strategies; designing systems; resolving problems and implementing change.
- Oversee finance transformational activities, including process optimization design, with creativity and project management discipline.
- Drive finance integration and development of processes and tools to support the financial oversight, planning and strategies for the DAE EME and LHS businesses.
- Act as key leadership partner with the DAE and LHS senior management teams.
- Participate in and contribute to the strategic development of RCI Exchanges businesses in the region, demonstrating entrepreneurial competencies.
- Provide support and operational execution of all business initiatives.
- Responsibility for staff in the central finance team in Kettering as well as regional teams in Portugal, Egypt and South Africa, who will be responsible for all monthly accounting and reporting, value reporting and weekly activity reports.
- Maximise potential from the range of resources available to ensure the company achieves objectives.
- Create an environment where associates trust the people they work for and with, have pride in what they do and enjoy the people they work with by increasing credibility, respect, fairness, pride and camaraderie through AES dissemination, delivery and engagement.
- Partner with Wyndham Destinations corporate finance functions within the region, including Tax and Treasury to ensure financial and control objectives are met efficiently.
- Develop robust, clear and consistent reports and initiative tracking with a strong emphasis on variance analysis.
- Develop driver-based reporting to drive initiatives and commercial efforts, focusing on what really influences and drives success
- Develop reports with a high degree of clarity, consistency and timeliness. The production of these reports should become systematic and an integral part of business management information.
- Develop reports which can be easily interpreted by both financial and non-financial management and will enable comparisons and trends to be drawn easily and cogent explanations for variances of actuals to forecasted numbers.
- Ensure that all financial compliance and financial regulatory and tax filings are executed accurately and on time. Including statutory and parent-company audits, managing the process and relationship with our external auditors.
- The role will also carry responsibility for all Balance Sheet analysis and review with particular emphasis on cash flow management.
- Oversight and accountability for financial controls including Sarbanes-Oxley: optimizing design to ensure efficiency and effectiveness.
- Develop the current strategic planning, budgeting and forecasting processes to enhance their accuracy and the level of visibility surrounding them.
- Solicit input of operational management along with analytical review of trends and conditions to prepare accurate forecasts and budgets.
- Proactively manage to the annual and quarterly financial targets, maintaining accurate schedules of risks, opportunities, contingencies and hedges, executing actions where appropriate.
- There will be strong emphasis on the accuracy of the forecasts as they will be used as a key comparator versus actual results rather than using previous year comparisons; acknowledging that the operational leaders would tend to focus on like periods in prior years to manage their respective businesses
Commercial and strategic support
- Provide commercial project appraisal support for all EMEA functions to drive growth.
- Partner with business development and commercial management in driving and achieving goals.
- Provide design guidance for commercial products and processes to ensure appropriate order-to-cash, accounting, reporting and controls.
- Identify and develop strategic priorities and goals for the EMEA business units
Ad - hoc
- The role involves a high degree of project and ad-hoc work including systems development and enhancement. This could include M&A type analyses for projects at business units within the vertical.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 5-10 years' experience operating at a similar level for a large, global organisation or ability to demonstrate the required competencies having gained significant experience at a senior level Finance role within RCI.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and corporate finance.
- Strong competencies around communication, influencing, analytical ability, innovation, vision, business acumen, organisational savvy, trust building, planning and organising.
- Experience with finance operations, including process redesign and transformation, leveraging reporting and technology advancements.
- Have a demonstrated track record of success in a similar leadership role.
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the organisation.
- Goal-orientated approach and ability to drive results.
- Demonstrate an ability to manage the financial metrics of the business, implement necessary performance improvements and build the basis for profitable growth.
- Adaptable in an ever changing environment.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to operate effectively in a matrixed organization - with dual reporting lines i.e. Operational as well as Finance.
- Experience in a complex organisation - preferably in a travel or related industry with ecommerce and distribution expertise
- Display a high degree of credibility and gravitas that commands the respect of his/her peer group through a combination of their personal knowledge, experience and style.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Qualified Accountant with strong Financial Planning & Analysis experience, ideally in a publicly listed organisation.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS (internal, external, cross-functional, direct reports)
- Effectively provide leadership to all finance functions in the EMEA organisation
- The Senior Leadership team
- SVP & CFO RCI Exchanges and RCI Global finance teams
- WDI Corporate Finance functions, including Tax, Treasury and Audit
- Work closely with other department managers and leaders to promote cross-functional effectiveness and the achievement of corporate objectives
- All support departments (including Human Resources, Business Development, Operations, Marketing, IT, Affiliate Operations and Revenue Management)
- Call Centre Operations
- All external clients of the Finance team
A World of Inclusion Hospitality is at the heart of all we do at Wyndham Destinations, including how we treat each member of our growing community. Here, you'll find a team that's inclusive, values diversity, and is built on a foundational respect for people from all over the world. We are an equal opportunity employer, and all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to their membership in any protected class. If you require any reasonable accommodation to complete your application or any part of the recruiting process, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org, including the title and the location of the position for which you are applying.
Job Requisition: R-2582