Job Description For Account Director
Job Number 22165744
Job Category Sales & Marketing
Location W Rome, 26/36 Via Liguria, Rome, Città Metropolitana di Roma, Italy VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
W Rome is casting for an Account Director.
Reporting to the Director of Sales, the Account Director will join an outgoing and friendly team of sales professionals.
The position is accountable for:
- proactively soliciting and handling sales opportunities with primary focus on group/catering opportunities
- ensures business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for proper service delivery
- assists in leading all day-to-day activities related to sales with a focus on building long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of sales objectives
- achieves personal and team group revenue goals
W Rome redefines the luxury hotel scene of the Eternal City through its informal yet impeccable Whatever/Whenever service and trademark high energy. It is the perfect match for the duality of the Italian, between reverence for tradition and defiance of expectations, a magnetic social hub shedding light on the future of the Eternal City. What we offer
• Join the first W Hotel in Italy
• Professional career progression at international level in Marriott International
• Learning and development opportunities online, on the job and in class
• Discounts on hotel rooms, gift shop items, food and beverage
• Disruptive management & motivated and engaging Talents
• Charity events, Wellbeing activities through the TakeCare program
• Canteen service CORE WORK ACTIVITIES Building Successful Relationships that Generate Sales Opportunities
Managing Sales Activities
- Works collaboratively with off-property sales channels to ensure sales efforts are coordinated, complementary and not duplicative.
- Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings. Activities include sales calls, entertainment, FAM trips, trade shows, etc.
- Develops relationships within community to strengthen and expand customer base for sales opportunities.
- Manages and develops relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Provides accurate, complete and effective turnover to Event Management.
Using Knowledge of Market Trends and Target Customer Information to Maximize Revenue
- Participates in sales calls with members of sales team to acquire new business and/or close on business.
- Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
- Identifies new business to achieve personal and location revenue goals.
- Understands the overall market - competitors' strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and knows how to sell against them.
- Closes the best opportunities for the location based on market conditions and location needs.
- Gains understanding of the location's primary target customer and service expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solution.
MANAGEMENT COMPETENCIES Leadership
- Supports the company's service and relationship strategy, driving customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
- Services our customers in order to grow share of the account.
- Executes and supports the company's customer service standards.
- Provides excellent customer service consistent with the daily service basics of the company.
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
- Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develop and evaluate alternatives and solutions, solve problems, and choose a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Building and Contributing to Teams - Actively participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company's service standards.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
- Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of own assignments and suggests improvements to work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
- Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
- Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations.
- Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct.
- Communications and Media - Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
- Devising Sales Strategies and Solutions - Trying different and novel ways to deal with sales challenges and opportunities; taking courses of action or developing sales strategies that appropriately consider available facts, constraints, competitive circumstances, and probable consequences.
- Sales Ability: Persuasiveness - Using appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance of a product, service, or idea from prospects and clients.
- Sales Call Facilitation - Ensuring that a call serves its sales objectives; maximizing the productiveness of interactions by monitoring and building on customers' cues.
- Sales Coaching - Providing timely coaching, guidance, and feedback to help others excel on the job and meet key accountabilities.
- Sales Disposition - Demonstrating the traits, inclinations, and outlooks that characterize successful salespersons; exhibiting behavior styles that facilitate adaptation to the demands of the sales role.
- Sales Implementations - Driving and supporting the implementation of sales strategies and systems; seeking and taking appropriate actions on feedback; taking responsibility for implementation success.
- Sales Opportunity Analysis - Understanding and utilizing economic, financial, industry, and organizational data; accurately diagnosing customers' business strengths, weaknesses, and key issues that can inform sales strategies and plans.
- Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - Demonstrates ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - Demonstrates ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension - Demonstrates understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
CANDIDATE PROFILE Education and Experience
- Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 3+ years experience in sales and marketing or related professional area. Prior group sales manager experience preferably with a luxury brand. Fluent in English and Italian (written and spoken), third language is a plus. US market knowledge preferred.
Explore our very big world
- 4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2+ year experience in tsales and marketing or related professional area. Prior experience in hotel group sales and luxury brands preferred. Fluent in English and Italian (written and spoken), third language is a plus. US market knowledge preferred.
As a world-class leader in the travel industry, there's no better place than Marriott International to make your mark. Joining us, you'll get to entertain and meet people from all over the world as you build your experience. You'll find a place where your personality and ideas are appreciated just as much as the work you do. And you'll grow through opportunities to explore the business, opening yourself to various career options. If you have the natural ability to communicate and enjoy working with others, we welcome you to join our global family. You're welcomed here
Our highest priority is making you feel as welcome as our guests. We want you to know you're important to us and that you'll make an impact in your role, and for that, you'll be appreciated and valued.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Boldly coloring outside the lines of luxury, W turns the traditional notion of the extravagant hotel on its head. Our irreverent attitude and taste for excess redefine revelry for the modern jet set. Our guests have a lust for a life less ordinary that drives them to demand more, experience it all, and hit repeat.
We share our guests' passions, providing insider access to what's new and what's next. Moderation is not in our vocabulary and we know that lust for life demands more, not less. W guests soak it in and live each day with a mantra: Detox.Retox.Repeat. If you're ready to create the energetic W scene that is magnetic to everyday disruptors around the world, then we invite you to explore a career with W Hotels.