Marriott International, Inc. is a global leading travel company based in Bethesda, Md., USA, with more than 6,000 properties in over 122 countries.
Industry : Other Industry
Department : General Management
Location : Boston/United States
Level : Staff Line level
Posted : 14 May 2022
Job Role : Other Role
Recruiter : Marriott International
Job Ref : HOZ52323
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type :
Validate Through : 2022-06-11
Salary Range (monthly): USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Posting Date May 14, 2022
Job Number 22047133
Job Category Rooms & Guest Services Operations
Location Boston Marriott Copley Place, 110 Huntington Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment™.
Assists the Front Office Manager in administering front office functions and supervising staff on a daily basis. Front office areas include Bell/Door Staff, Switchboard and Guest Services/Front Desk. Position directs and works with managers and employees to carry out procedures ensuring an efficient check in and check out process. Ensures guest and employee satisfaction and maximizes the financial performance of the department.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the guest services, front desk, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Supporting Management of Front Desk Team
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Supervises and manages employees. Managing all day-to-day operations. Understanding employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence.
• Ensures employee recognition is taking place on all shifts.
• Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees.
Monitoring and Supporting Progress Toward Guest Services and Front Desk Goals
• Manages day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
• Handles complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Collaborates with the Front Office Manager on ways to continually improve departmental service.
• Communicates a clear and consistent message regarding the Front Office goals to produce desired results.
• Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action plans based on review of comment cards and guest satisfaction results.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
• Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Displays outstanding hospitality skills.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Interacts with customers on a regular basis to obtain feedback on quality of product, service levels and overall satisfaction.
• Provides feedback to employees based on observation of service behaviors.
• Handles guest problems and complaints effectively.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
Managing Projects and Policies
• Implements the customer recognition/service program, communicating and ensuring the process.
• Ensures compliance with all Front Office policies, standards and procedures.
• Monitors adherence to all credit policies and procedures to reduce bad debts and rebates.
• Provides information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
• Functions in place of the Front Office Manager in his/her absence.
• Communicates critical information from pre- and post-convention meetings to the Front Office staff.
• Participates in department meetings.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.