Marriott International, Inc. is a global leading travel company based in Bethesda, Md., USA, with more than 6,000 properties in over 122 countries.
Industry : Other Industry
Department : General Management
Location : Dana Point/United States
Level : Staff Line level
Posted : 12 May 2022
Job Role : Assistant Chief Engineer
Recruiter : Marriott International
Job Ref : HOZ84828
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type :
Validate Through : 2022-06-09
Salary Range (monthly): USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Posting Date May 12, 2022
Job Number 22075099
Job Category Engineering & Facilities
Location The Ritz-Carlton Laguna Niguel, One Ritz Carlton Drive, Dana Point, California, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand The Ritz-Carlton
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
At more than 100 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service the world over. We invite you to explore The Ritz-Carlton.
Assists department head in managing budget, capital expenditures, preventative maintenance and energy conservation. Accountable for maintaining the building and grounds with particular attention towards safety, security and asset protection. Assigns, tracks and follows up on status of work assigned to staff and contractors. Helps increase guest and employee satisfaction through effective communications and training.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the engineering and maintenance or related professional area; technical training in HVAC-R/electrical/plumbing.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Building and Construction, Engineering, Mechanics, or related major; 2 years experience in the engineering and maintenance or related professional area; technical training in HVAC-R/electrical/plumbing.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Supporting management of Department Operations and Engineering Budgets
• Assists in effectively planning, scheduling and evaluating preventative maintenance programs.
• Helps establish priorities for total property maintenance needs.
• Supervises the day to day operations of Engineering.
• Assists in managing the physical plant including equipment, refrigeration, HVAC, plumbing, water treatment, electrical and life safety systems.
• Maintains and operates equipment at optimum effectiveness, efficiency and safety.
• Supervises distribution of repair work orders.
• Assists in maintaining grounds, meeting rooms, ballrooms, public space, restaurants, property vehicles and recreational facilities as needed.
• Acts as technical liaison for all departments in property.
• Supervises Engineering in the absence of the Director of Engineering.
• Recommends or arranges for additional services such as painting, repair work, renovations, and the replacement of furnishings and equipment.
• Selects and makes purchases of new equipment, supplies, and furnishings.
• Inspects and evaluates the physical condition of facilities in order to determine the type of work required.
• Manages parts, supplies and equipment inventories effectively by minimizing downtime and maximizing cash flow.
• Performs inspections effectively.
• Assists in evaluating and implementing new technologies, equipment and supplies.
• Assists in establishing and implementing an energy conservation program.
Maintaining Engineering Standards
• Helps ensure necessary permits and licenses for building and physical plant are obtained and kept current.
• Helps ensure regulatory compliance to facility regulations and safety standards.
• Ensures compliance with all Engineering departmental policies, standards and procedures.
• Ensures all employees have the proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Displays leadership in guest hospitality by exemplifying excellent customer service and creating a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
• Helps train employees in safety procedures.
• Assists in training other department employees in fire protection, safety and evacuation procedures.
• Provides feedback to employees based on observation of service behaviors.
• Assists in performing operational activities as necessary.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.