Marriott International, Inc. is a global leading travel company based in Bethesda, Md., USA, with more than 6,000 properties in over 122 countries.
Industry : Other Industry
Department : General Management
Location : Male/Maldives
Level : Staff Line level
Posted : 12 May 2022
Job Role : Director of HR
Recruiter : Marriott International
Job Ref : HOZ42177
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type :
Validate Through : 2022-06-09
Salary Range (monthly): USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Posting Date May 12, 2022
Job Number 22075374
Job Category Human Resources
Location The Ritz-Carlton Maldives Fari Islands, North Male Atoll, Male, Maldives, Maldives VIEW ON MAP
Brand The Ritz-Carlton
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
At more than 100 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service the world over. We invite you to explore The Ritz-Carlton.
About The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands
The property is ideally located at Fari Islands, in the North Malé Atoll of the Maldives, which is a 45- minute journey by speedboat or a 10-minute seaplane flight from Malé International Airport. The resort features white sandy beaches, turquoise lagoons and coral reefs with marine life. Shaped by the Maldivian sun and shored by the Indian Ocean, guest villas at The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Island are expected to range in size from one to three bedrooms, featuring the refined elegance and legendary service that define The Ritz-Carlton brand. The property is also expected to offer a choice of outstanding culinary venues serving an array of international and local cuisines, in addition to a full suite of fitness and recreational facilities including a signature Ritz-Carlton Spa. The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands is part of Fari Islands, an archipelago that features three world-class hospitality brands inclusive of The Ritz-Carlton. The guests are expected to have access to a picturesque Fari Marina - the archipelago's communal beating heart. Built around a vibrant Beach Club, Fari Marina features charming boutiques and a handpicked selection of dining options. Spaces have been designed by the renowned Kerry Hill Architects, to bring about a delicate balance of serene and social.
Assists the Director of Human Resources in executing strategies that serve to attract, retain, and develop diverse premiere talent. Position directs and works with human resource employees to carry out the daily activities of the Human Resource Department, including recruitment, total compensation, employee relations, and training and development. Executes against objectives outlined in the Human Resources Business Plan and delivers services that meet or exceed the needs of employees and enable business success. Ensures compliance with applicable regulations and Standard Operating Procedures.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the human resources, management operations, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the human resources, management operations, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing the Staffing and Recruiting Process
• Ensures open positions are advertised in appropriate venues to attract a diverse candidate pool.
• Ensures the open position listing is in a visible location for both internal and external candidates.
• Works with Employment Administrator to establish and maintain contact with external recruitment sources (e.g., state job service, local colleges, recruiting agencies, and community based organizations).
• Networks with local organization and peers to source candidates for current or future openings (e.g., Hotel Association).
• Facilitates interdepartmental transfers and promotions and transfers or promotions to other properties within this property brand.
• Oversees the selection and offer processes for hourly employees to ensure proper procedures are followed (e.g., valid reasons for selection/non-selection are documented, applicants receive status notifications).
• Partners with department managers and recruiting professionals to recruit management positions, make hiring decisions and negotiate job offers in accordance with SOPs.
Managing Legal and Compliance Practices
• Ensures compliance with key policies (e.g., Sexual Harassment, Non-Harassment, Non-Discrimination, No Solicitation).
• Ensures interviews are conducted according to recommended guidelines, consistent screening criteria is used, and only job-related questions are asked.
• Ensures wages are paid in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures and federal and state laws (e.g., employee pay for meeting attendance, wages limited to maximum rate of pay, entry level rates paid to new hires, overtime provisions in place, separation pay).
• Ensures drug screening and background checks are completed in accordance with brand's Standard Operating Procedures.
Managing Benefits Education and Administration
• Manages Workers Compensation claims to ensure appropriate employee care and costs management.
• Educates employees on benefits package.
• Educates HR team on the various types of benefits available and eligibility requirements.
• Provides an overview of employee benefits to the management team enabling them to educate their employees and answer routine questions.
• Ensures that department has the available resources on hand to administer employee benefits.
Managing and Conducting Staff Development Activities
• Ensures hourly performance appraisal processes are in place.
• Assists in identifying key drivers of employee satisfaction and supports managers in addressing issues with written plans and actions.
• Coaches managers on progressive discipline process.
• Ensures development plans are in place (e.g., goals documented, progress towards goal achievement is measured).
Managing Employee Relations and Human Resources Communication
• Utilizes an "open door" policy to address employee problems or concerns in a timely manner.
• Ensures effective employee communication channels are established and active in.
• Analyzes accident trends and reports these trends to the management team.
• Monitors work environment for signs of union organization.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.