Marriott International, Inc. is a global leading travel company based in Bethesda, Md., USA, with more than 6,000 properties in over 122 countries.
Industry : Other Industry
Department : Food and Beverage Service
Location : Houston/United States
Level : Staff Line level
Posted : 12 May 2022
Job Role : Other Role
Recruiter : Marriott International
Job Ref : HOZ54075
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type :
Validate Through : 2022-06-09
Salary Range (monthly): USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Posting Date May 11, 2022
Job Number 22070874
Job Category Event Management
Location Marriott Marquis Houston, 1777 Walker Street, Houston, Texas, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment™.
Entry level management position that assists in leading the catering service staff while personally assisting in the set up of the function rooms (e.g., tables, chairs, dance floors, podiums, etc.) based on requirements and standards. Develops and directs team to provide consistent, high quality service. Communicates expected performance and trains staff in processes. Assists in managing financial and administrative duties.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the event management, food and beverage, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Supporting the Management of Event Services and Operations
• Ensures function rooms are set according to event documentation (Banquet Event Orders, resumes, etc.) and customer requirements.
• Conducts room function inspections prior to each event to ensure the room is set according to specifications.
• Maintains up to date attendance log for Event Service employees.
• Delegates tasks to ensure room sets are "on time" and meet Event Service Standards.
• Assists in maintaining the inventory of function room amenities (e.g., pads, pens, candy jars, water pitchers/bottled water) and other controllable supplies.
• Ensures candy rotation on all meeting room sets (if applicable).
• Communicates and executes departmental and property emergency procedures and ensures staff are trained in safety procedures.
• Attends pre-event meetings as needed to understand group needs.
• Communicates critical information to Event Service Team.
• Maintains cleanliness and sanitation standards in all banquet operation areas.
Ensuring and Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action plans.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
• Understands the impact Event Services has on the overall success of an event and manages activities to maximize customer satisfaction.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Schedules employees to ensure shift coverage and meet business demands and productivity goals.
• Participates in monthly department meetings with Event Service staff.
• Assists as needed in the interviewing and hiring of employee team members with the appropriate skills.
• Uses a departmental orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
• Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings.
• Assists Event Service Manager in establishing guidelines so employees understand expectations and parameters.
• Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
• Leads shifts and actively participates in the servicing of events.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.