Marriott International, Inc. is a global leading travel company based in Bethesda, Md., USA, with more than 6,000 properties in over 122 countries.
Industry : Other Industry
Department : Food and Beverage Service
Location : Dearborn/United States
Level : Staff Line level
Posted : 14 May 2022
Job Role : Operations Manager
Recruiter : Marriott International
Job Ref : HOZ68583
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type :
Validate Through : 2022-06-11
Salary Range (monthly): USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Posting Date May 13, 2022
Job Number 22063084
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location The Dearborn Inn A Marriott Hotel, 20301 Oakwood Boulevard, Dearborn, Michigan, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment™.
Assists with supervising food and beverage/culinary daily operations. Responsibilities include ensuring guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget. Ensures standards and legal obligations are followed.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 3 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 1 year experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Assisting in Managing Day-to-Day Operations
• Assists in the ordering of F&B supplies, cleaning supplies and uniforms.
• Supervises daily F&B shift operation and ensures compliance with all F&B policies, standards and procedures.
• Supports and supervises an effective monthly self inspection program.
• Operates all department equipment as necessary and reports malfunction.
• Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs, and financial objective are met.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
• Celebrates and fosters decisions that result in successes as well as failures.
• Communicates areas that need attention to staff and follows up to ensure understanding.
• Coordinates cleaning program in all F&B areas (including General clean), identifying trends and making recommendation for improvements.
• Follows property specific second effort and recovery plan.
• Stays readily available/ approachable for all team members.
• Demonstrates knowledge of the brand specific service culture.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Manages day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
• Takes proactive approaches when dealing with guest concerns.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Stays readily available/ approachable for all guests.
• Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
• Responds in a timely manner to customer service department request.
• Provides information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Performs hourly job function if necessary.
• Extends professionalism and courtesy to team members at all times.
• Comprehends budgets, operating statements and payroll progress report.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.