Food and Beverage Service
Cape Town, South Africa
Job Role :
Food & Beverage Manager
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Assistant Food & Beverage Manager
Job Number 22109577
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location The Westin Cape Town, Convention Square, Cape Town, South Africa, South Africa VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
The successful candidate will be responsible to manage the day-to-day operational activities of the Food & Beverage Department, ensure the guest experience is exceeded and the adherence to operating procedures as well as to ensure the execution of strategies to enable business success whilst maintaining the quality and standards of the Westin Cape Town Hotel in accordance with Marriott International Policies and Procedures within a pressurized environment
Required Experience & Qualifications
- Relevant Hospitality Management Qualification
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in a similar position within a 5 star environment
- Professional Disposition
- Maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance as per company standards
- Good leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledgeable of Industry Trends
- Project Management skills
- Strong planning and organizing skills to meet deadlines
- Effective communication, problem solving, decision making and conflict management skills
- Strong administration skills - payroll input, staff rostering, inventory control, ordering, training
- Effective planning, assigning and delegations of tasks to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work within a pressurized environment
- Ability to use Initiative and be proactive and self-driven
- Experience in IR management and disciplinary processes
- Ability to work without supervision and within a team
- Attention to detail pertaining to area of responsibility
- Extensive working knowledge in MS Office in all MS office applications e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook
- Proficiency in all MS office applications e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook
- Flexible working hours as well as weekends and public holidays as per operational requirements
- Ensure that the highest standards of service in the F&B departments are maintained and developed at all times
- Responsible for the organizing, planning, directing and managing the cost effective operation of the F& B department
- Effectively co-ordinate and organise the operations of the F& B department
- Manage the day to day operational aspect of the Food & Beverage Department
- Keeping up to date with market and competitor trends
- Coach, guide and manage the operational team
- Ensure adherence to COVID safety protocols
- Confident with Training, Recruitment and Disciplinary processes and practices
- Ensure compliance to workplace policies, rules, procedures and standards
- Review and implement new policies and procedures as and when required from time to time.
- To manage foresee and budget forecast of covers, revenue and payroll costs for all F&B outlets to ensure the most cost effective operations possible without sacrificing service and standards
- Assist in checking costings and monitoring Cost Control for the Food & Beverage Department
- Maximizing Food & Beverage Profitability in the outlets whilst maintaining high standards
- Provide support and guidance to all F&B departments to ensure efficiency throughout the outlets
- Achieve hygiene, health and safety standard requirements
- Interviewing, screening and hiring of new employees
- Appraising performance; recognition and discipline.
- Co-ordinate training programmes and skills enhancement initiatives for F&B staff in guest service, safety, hygiene, etc.
- Address and resolve both guest and staff concerns.
- Ordering and quality evaluation of all foods and related supplies and maintaining of appropriate inventory levels.
- Maintain a safe work environment by ensuring high standards of repair, hygiene and safety.
- Oversee all aspects of catered functions, as directed.
- Guest interaction regarding special events, dietary requests and other requirements
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
At Westin, we are committed to empowering the well-being of our guests by providing a refreshing environment, thoughtful amenities, and revitalizing programming to help ensure that they leave feeling better than when they arrived. We recognize that travel can be disruptive to our guests' well-being, and we're energized to assist as partners in helping them maintain control and soaring above it all while on the road. Everything we do is designed to help guests be at their best, and they appreciate our supportive attitude, anticipatory service and extensive knowledge on how to best assist them throughout their stay. We are looking for dynamic people who are excited to join the team and ready to jump into any situation to give a helping hand. If you're someone who has is positive, adaptable and intuitive, and has a genuine interest in the well-being of others around you, we invite you to discover how at Westin, together we can rise.