Job Description For Assistant Front Office Manager
Posting Date May 13, 2022
Job Number 22079226
Job Category Rooms & Guest Services Operations
Location JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Brand JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment™.
Manage all front desk operations and ensure that all front desk associates adhere to policies, procedures, regulations and standards presented by hotel management. Ensuring that front desk operation runs smoothly in a professional manner at all times. Perform all front desk related responsibilities and duties when assigned or required. Perform duty manager related responsibilities and duties when assigned or required. Ensure all front desk agents have a clear expectations set to prioritize their responsibilities. Serve as BSA Champion for the Front Office Department. Ensure appropriate and adequate training of all front desk associates and supervisors including all on-the-job, off-the-job and 15min training
SCOPE / BUSINESS CONTEXT
CANDIDATE PROFILE Experience:
- A Full Time position based at JW Marriott Marquis Dubai.
- Number of Direct Reports - 6
- Titles of Direct Reports - Assistant Night Manager/Assistant Front Desk Manager
Adequate experience in a similar supervisory position within front office department minimum 3 years within high volume 4 or 5 star hotel. Skills and Knowledge
Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
Education or Certification
- Team player, pro-active and reliable
- Problem Solving and Complain Handling
- Development, Coaching and Training skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Opera/Marsha/IMS/GXP/Microsoft office and other systems knowledge
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- Be a role model for the team and mentor of Assist Front Desk Managers. Must remain deeply engaged with the team to ensure associates and taken care of and improvement in associate engagement scores
- Actively part in training and development of the entire team specially the Front desk and night
- Actively take on special projects assigned by the Rooms leadership team
- Play close attention to manning levels and assist FOM in recruitment process
- Keep close watch on customer service and check in and check out scores on guest voice. Train, coach the team based on their performance in guest voice
- Drive incremental revenue through room upsells. Take part in upsell forecasting , implementation of strategies and support the team in achieving monthly targets
- Be fully aware of the Marriott Brand standard compliance requirements for all front office sections and regularly audit all area sot ensure brand compliance at all timer
- Be fully aware of Marriott accounting procedures and compliance and ensure all areas are function as per ISRA audit standards
- Develop strategies and drive the team through AFDMs to ensure monthly Marriott rewards goals are achieved • Be familiar with Hotel services, operational hours and ongoing promotions.
- Play a key role in scheduling of areas especially front desk so that maximum associates and managers are present to assist guests depending on the demands
- Have a thorough knowledge of JW Marriott Marquis Dubai products and services.
- Maintain good working relationship with all hotel departments.
- Have a good knowledge of local area and surrounding facilities. Provide recommendations and direction to guests whenever needed.
- Check House Count to establish selling strategy for the shift. Monitoring it regularly during shift and responding to any changes.
- Ensure daily all forms of communication are used to full capacity and relevant information is handed over to the next shift throughout the shift and briefings.
- Demonstrate and promote quality awareness amongst front office team. Seek ways to improve and maintain guest satisfaction scores for all front desk associates.
- Ensure smooth check-in and check-out of all guests, and proper handling of all guest accounts.
- Ensure that all concerned departments are informed in regards of room moves, no-shows, early arrivals, special requests, repeat guests or other guest preferences.
- Be fully aware of Credit Policy and supervise compliance. Inform your manager and concerned departments about any possible credit risks.
- Have thorough knowledge of operational requirements for the front desk area.
- Have a thorough knowledge on virtual concierge and ensure that all guest requests and information updated in OPERA and communicated to other departments.
- Have a thorough knowledge of OPERA, MARSHA, IMS, GXP and other front office related operational software. • Be familiar with all S.O.P.s and L.S.O.P.s relating to the front office operations • Be aware of remedial steps to be taken to rectify Housekeeping discrepancies.
- Support and practice Empowerment within front office
- Ensure that each associate has a development plan and trained accordingly
- Be able to work various shifts around the business needs to assist all front office sections.
- Identify and resolve guests problems efficiently and resolve to the guest satisfaction
- Ensure that LEARN and 5W's methods are followed whilst dealing with constructive guest feedback and ensure that all concerned application are filled and concerned departments are informed
- Have a thorough knowledge of all Emergency Procedures
- Supervise guest registration and all relevant registration details required by the UAE law.
- Assuring that all front desk associates are continually updated with hotel rates, packages and discounts • Regularly conduct PCI audits in order to ensure compliance according to Marriott International standards • Be security conscious at all times and inform Manager on Duty of anything suspicious.
- Identify guest service shortages and recommend improvements accordingly.
- Ensure all front desk associates have a clear guidelines and direction to perform their daily duties
- Report to work on time with proper uniform, including name tag. Personal appearance and other grooming standards must comply with the standard of the hotel.
- Develop knowledge about frequent guests and their special requests and needs. Ensure the information is updated and maintained in guest profiles accordingly.
- Utilizing all available resources, follow up on previous shift requests and pending issues.
- Each associate is expected to carry out, within their capabilities, all reasonable requests by management
- Be flexible according to the business need
- Have an excellent approach to customer service
- Have strong organizational skills; always practice "Clean as you go"
- At all times strive to represent Marriott in the most professional, courteous manner.
- Be able to perform any additional scope of duties if requested by the Management.
- Adaptability - Determines how change impacts self and others; displays flexibility in adjusting priorities; and communicates both the reasons for change and how it impacts the workplace.
- Communication - Customizes approach to conveying complex information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner; appropriately interprets verbal and non-verbal behavior; and models active listening to ensure understanding.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Models and coaches others on breaking complex issues into manageable parts, identifying and evaluating alternatives and their implications before making decisions, and involving and gaining agreement from others when making key decisions.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Building and Contributing to Teams - Leads and participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements for self and/or others to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company's service standards.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
GENERATING TALENT AND ORGANIZATIONAL CAPABILITY
- Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of team assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Talent Management - Provides guidance and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
LEARNING AND APPLYING PROFESSIONAL EXPERTISE
- Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach team, business, and administrative challenges.
- Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges • Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities. o Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - Demonstrates ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - Demonstrates ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension - Demonstrates understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
- Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
OTHER Safety and Security
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Notify Loss Prevention/Security of any guest reports of theft.
Policies and Procedures
- Follow company, hotel and department policies and procedures.
- Follows Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures • Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors and Management.
- Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 48 hours per week.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, JW Symphony of Service) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Supply guests/residents with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities.
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language. • Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
Working with Others
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality. Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by management.
- Complies with Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures.
- Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 48 hours per week.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards, e.g. GuestVoice and JW Marriott Brand Standard Audit.
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.