Job Role :
Assistant Front Office Manager
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Assistant Manager, Accounting Policy
Posting Date May 13, 2022
Job Number 22073706
Job Category Finance & Accounting
Location Marriott International HQ, 10400 Fernwood Road, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
Marriott International is the world's largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
Reporting to the Director, Accounting Policy & SEC Reporting, the Assistant Manager will support the SEC Reporting - Accounting Policy group in the preparation of the annual, quarterly and other SEC filings. The Assistant Manager plays a key role in creating timely, high-quality documents and facilitating procedures to ensure the accuracy and completeness of Marriott International's SEC filings. The role requires interaction with Marriott personnel across a wide variety of disciplines and levels.
Specific Candidate Profile
- Assisting in the preparation of the financial statements and other disclosures for inclusion in the Annual Report, Form 10-K, Form 10-Q, Form 8-K and other SEC Registration Statements as necessary.
- Assisting in drafting sections of the Management's Discussion and Analysis in the Form 10-Q and Form 10-K.
- Assisting in review of the quarterly and year-end closing calendars, requested items lists, and other documents prepared by the Senior Accountant.
- Together with the Senior Accountant, reviewing press releases, conference call scripts, and other information prepared for release to external parties.
- Coordinating with the external vendor, with regard to any issues that arise in the preparation of the document(s) to be filed with the SEC.
- Assisting with review of the tagging of the 10-Q, 10-K, and 8-K in Inline eXtensible Reporting Language ("iXBRL") and providing feedback to our XBRL vendor as needed.
- Together with the Senior Accountant, reviewing supporting schedules provided by various internal groups for inclusion in the Form 10-K and Form 10-Q.
- Managing the preparation of detailed electronic support for the Forms 10-Q and 10-K.
- Preparing disclosure checklists to ensure financial statements, footnotes, and MD&A meet GAAP and SEC disclosure requirements.
- Coordinating with internal and external auditors to provide support for external reports.
- Evaluating and modifying the reporting process to achieve maximum efficiency and effectiveness.
- Maintaining SOX documentation for the SEC external reporting and related parties processes and ensuring the effective operation of internal controls.
- Monitoring SEC pronouncements and assisting with implementation
- Completing other accounting and analytical projects as assigned.
Experience and Education
- At least 3 years Accounting experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- CPA license or substantial completion of licensure requirements required
- Specific industry experience is a plus
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of US generally accepted accounting principles and interest in SEC pronouncements
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively plan, work well under pressure, and manage multiple projects simultaneously; efficient time management skills
- Effective decision-making skills; can choose a course of action amongst options
- Strong problem solving, research, and analytical skills; encourages innovative solutions when appropriate
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate and influence others at various levels and a desire to work in a collaborative environment
- Creates an atmosphere in which timely information flows smoothly through the organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Supports change within the organization, taking steps to remove barriers or to accelerate its pace
- Actively pursues learning and self-development to enhance personal, professional and business growth; shares learning with others in the group
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Word skills
This position requires proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment, subject to applicable law. If you are offered employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation request is received and approved.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.