Marriott International, Inc. is a global leading travel company based in Bethesda, Md., USA, with more than 6,000 properties in over 122 countries.
Industry : Other Industry
Department : General Management
Location : West Hollywood/United States
Level : Staff Line level
Posted : 12 May 2022
Job Role : Assistant Front Office Manager
Recruiter : Marriott International
Job Ref : HOZ36329
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type :
Validate Through : 2022-06-09
Salary Range (monthly): USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Posting Date May 11, 2022
Job Number 22052766
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location The West Hollywood EDITION, 9040 West Sunset Blvd, West Hollywood, California, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Edition Hotels
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
EDITION Hotels combine the visionary genius of boutique hotelier Ian Schrager, the service delivery of a world-class luxury hotel, and the global reach of Marriott International to create an entirely new experience in the world of hospitality. Our hotels are stunning microcosms of the world's top cities, featuring the finest in dining, entertainment, nightlife, and service to create an enchanting experience that makes your spirit soar!
But to create this magical experience, we need you.
EDITION is hiring warm, out-going, authentically amazing people who are looking for a place to work that inspires them, challenges them and makes them proud to come to work. A place where service comes from the heart, not from a handbook. A place that delivers a never-ending theatrical performance that continuously delights and enchants each and every one of our guests.
We invite you to join us today.
Entry level management position that is assists in the daily operations in Restaurants/Bars and Room Service. Position assists with menu planning, maintains sanitation standards, assists servers and hosts on the floor during peak meal periods and supervises Restaurants/Bars and Room Service Departments, where applicable. Responsibilities include ensuring guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget. Accountable to ensure standards and legal obligations are followed.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 3 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 1 year experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Assisting in Management of Restaurant Team
• Handles employee questions and concerns.
• Monitors employees to ensure performance expectations are met.
• Provides feedback to employees based on observation of service behaviors.
• Assists in supervising daily shift operations.
• Supervises restaurant and all related areas in the absence of the Director of Restaurants or Restaurant Manager.
• Participates in department meetings by communicating a clear and consistent message regarding the departmental goals to produce desired results.
Conducting Day-to-Day Restaurant Operations
• Ensures all employees have proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
• Communicates to Chef and Restaurant Manager any issues regarding food quality and service levels.
• Assists in ensuring compliance with all restaurant policies, standards and procedures.
• Monitors alcohol beverage service in compliance with local laws.
• Assists in achieving or exceeding budgeted goals.
• Performs all duties of restaurant employees and related departments as necessary.
• Opens and closes restaurant shifts.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
• Encourages employees to provide excellent customer service within guidelines.
• Handles guest problems and complaints, seeking assistance from supervisor as necessary.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Assists in the review of comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
• Meets and greets guests.
Assisting in Human Resource Activities
• Supervises on-going training initiatives.
• Uses all available on the job training tools for employees.
• Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
• Coaches and counsels employees regarding performance on an on-going basis.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law. Marriott International considers for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.