Food and Beverage Service
Job Role :
Asst. Restaurant Manager
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Assistant Restaurant Manager (All-Day Dining)
Posting Date May 11, 2022
Job Number 22077134
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Singapore Marriott Tang Plaza Hotel, 320 Orchard Road, Singapore, Singapore, Singapore VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts
Position Type Non-Management
Located Remotely? N
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment™.
He / She will be responsible for assisting the Restaurant Manager in supervising and co-ordinating the activities of the restaurants associates under his/her charge. He / She may undertake the role of a Restaurant Manager in the absence of the manager or as and when required.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To oversee the operation and assist in administration work of the above mentioned areas and to insure quality of food & beverage services meets standards at all times.
- To be able to possess a good knowledge of the menu, equipment and his own department.
- To assist in enforcing & adhering to all rules, regulations and procedures of the food & beverage department and the Hotel.
- To learn to analyse monthly sales, profit & loss statements and forecasts. To be responsible for control of departments' controllable in relation to sales revenue.
- To assist in conducting interviews & recruiting campaign, give recommendation for development of staffs and conduct appraisal (including hiring & termination).
- To be aware of all Marriott Guest Incentive Programme and the correct accounting procedure pertaining to them.
- To learn to be responsible for asset management, enforce and uphold high standard in discipline.
- To be responsible & insure compliance of all accounting & billing procedures in the outlet & handling off cash & guest check handling are accordance to L.S.O.P.
- To ensure efficient management and supervisory scheduling.
- To accurately forecast staffing accordance to business demand.
- To supervise the time sheets & schedules, to complete the wage progress report (Kronos) on a daily & critique discrepancies.
- To develop staff & supervisor training plans on a quarterly basis in conjunction with personnel. To follow up & be alerted to our aggressive hospitality program.
- To train, supervise, coach & counsel all associates.
- To represent the outlets for all day to day operational needs.
- To enforce operating standard/use records. To change, update & improve on a regular basis.
- To develop & follow up on the plans & actions of all areas on a quarterly basis.
- To be responsible for maintaining safety & promote accident prevention. To also be aware of the effects of accident cost on profits.
- To be responsible of maintaining sanitation & housekeeping; to insure cleaning routines are adhere & standards are at it's best.
- To be responsible for the execution of all associate reviews & appraisals in a professional & timely manner.
- Maintain all L.S.O.P & S.O.P.
- To conduct a pro-active preventive maintenance inspection on a monthly basis.
- Promote inter-departmental relations through candid communications channels.
- To practice "OPEN DOOR" policy to all associates.
- To be aware of competitors in the market & complete a competition analysis on a quarterly basis.
- To respond to guests enquiries or concerns within 24 hours in what is deemed the most appropriate medium e.g. telephone calls, letters etc.
- Attend & chair all the management & associates' meeting.
- Undertake duty management shift when required.
- To use Total Quality Management as a way of improving standard & services for our guest & internal customers.
- TO LEAD BY EXAMPLE & to have a "hands on" approach to motivate to excel.
- Comply with any reasonable request given by an Executive Committee Member.
- Enforce Marriott's Principal of Hospitality at all time.
- Don't expect, inspect.
- Be an aggressive Team player & have always "CAN DO ATTITUDE".
- Cash/Bank Handling:
a. Process all payment methods in accordance with Accounting procedures and policies. b. Follow property control audit standards and cash handling procedures (e.g., blind drops). c. Count bank at end of shift, complete designated cashier reports, resolve any discrepancies, drop off receipts, and secure bank. d. Obtain assigned bank and ensure accuracy of contracted monies, obtaining change required for expected business level, and keeping bank secure at all times. e. Transport bank to/from assigned workstation, following security procedures. f. Set up and organize cashier workstation with designated supplies, forms, and resource materials; and maintain cleanliness of workstation at all times
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- A minimum of Diploma in Food & Beverage Service
- At least 3 years of relevant experience
- Basic knowledge in budgeting and cost control
- Process great leadership skills
- Able to start work immediately or within short notice period