Job Description For Breakfast Chef
Job Number 22134851
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Portsmouth Marriott Hotel, Southampton Road, Portsmouth, HAMPSHIRE, United Kingdom VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Non-Management
The Portsmouth Marriott Hotel is looking for a Breakfast Chef to join the kitchen team!
We are looking for a passionate breakfast chef wanting to deliver a first-class breakfast experience at the world leading hospitality company. Portsmouth Marriott Hotel located near famous landmarks such as the Spinnaker Tower has a range of amenities including: Cast Iron Bar & Grill, our signature restaurant and fitness centre.
The Portsmouth Marriott Hotel provides exceptional, personal, and friendly service whilst catering to a variety of guests.
No matter how you like your eggs in the morning, at Portsmouth Marriott there is the opportunity to progress your career in a supportive environment!
As the Breakfast Chef you will...
- Follow menu specifications to cook mouth-watering breakfasts for hungry guests
- Support the kitchen management in food preparation
- Maintain the high standards of cleanliness, food labelling and storage
- Embrace the Marriott culture
A successful Breakfast Chef is someone who...
- Enjoys the fast-paced kitchen environment
- Is a team player
- Can communicate clearly (verbal, listening, writing)
- Is proactive, reliable and can support shifts including weekends and bank holidays
- Has NVQ Level 1 and/or 2 (desirable)
In return for your hard work, the Breakfast Chef will receive...
- Discounted stays at over 7,300 hotels worldwide!
- Discounted food & drink in all our restaurants and bars
- Discounts for your friends and family
- Free use of Leisure Club facilities
- Wellness and mental health programmes
- 20 Holiday days, increasing with length of service
- Double pay for bank holidays
- Company sick pay after 6 months of service
- World class training and development
- Unlimited career opportunities (internationally and locally)
- Half price cinema tickets
- Specially curated discounts in thousands of shops and discount in Swindon Designer Outlet
- Staff parties
- Free meal on shift
- Free car parking
- Service awards and recognition gifts
Given the current climate, we operate a Covid-19 safe space, with all correct PPE and social distancing rules followed, along with hotel and departmental Covid-19 risk assessments in place. Thank you for taking the time to consider this job vacancy, we look forward to reviewing your application.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment™.