Sales and Marketing-PR
Irvine, United States
Job Role :
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Business Operations Manager
Job Number 22162911
Job Category Rooms & Guest Services Operations
Location Western Regional Office, 17872 Gillette Avenue Suite 300, Irvine, California, United States VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? Y
Position Type Management
The Manager of Business Operations - MSB will play a key role in supporting the Area Vice President of MSB, the regional senior leadership team and the region's General Managers. The Manager's primary role will include ensuring the appropriate regional activations are well-planned, well-executed, and carefully communicated. The Manager of Business Operations will report into the Area Vice President of the MSB Region and functionally report to the VP, Marriott Select Brands Franchising and MxM. They will contribute a strong level of knowledge and skills to support the function for that region and the overall MxM MSB business.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Develop a working knowledge and support the key elements of operations strategic plans and operating models for the MSB Eastern/ Western Region.
- Consults with Regional partners to develop tactical plans, then executes as applicable. This includes working with partners to review proposed strategies, process deployment, organizational communications, financial and non-financial initiatives, project timelines, training approaches, owner engagement strategies, and more.
- Executes plan activities in order to increase field engagement and maximize ROI.
- Track results in order to improve programs.
- Leads data collection efforts and analyzes data and feedback to inform strategy development; tracks performance. Recommends solutions to continuously improve performance, as applicable.
- Leads team in creation/editing of communication and activities for Regional priorities and initiatives (examples: memos, FAQs, presentations, collateral, videos, webcasts, etc.)
- Create and edit presentations, communications and announcements as needed to ensure communications are professional and free of grammatical errors
- Assist in implementation of deliverables that ensure stakeholders, specifically GMs, are knowledgeable, prepared, and motivated for the changes and develop the skills and knowledge necessary to be successful
- Facilitate and provide logistical support for webinars and calls to gain alignment for implementation of key initiative and other regular information distribution
- Sustains a robust communications calendar and analyzes planned activities to ensure coordination across multiple simultaneous initiatives.
- Oversees management and maintenance of the regions' and MSB's priority channels, including online platforms and newsletters (i.e. regional Microsoft sites and Teams Channel)
- Identifies trends, gaps, or patterns in business processes and recommends change for opportunities to align with business priorities within scope of responsibility.
- Responsible for planning and executing the MSB Regional team calls and meetings, and other regional reoccurring meetings.
- Monitors approach for measurement and long-term sustainment of project objectives.
- Drives innovative process improvements in areas of responsibility.
- Build and maintain relationships with stakeholders who have accountability for communication content
- May serve as point of contact for stakeholders to support scorecards and initiatives
- Collect, organize and edit content provided by multiple stakeholders
- Acts as a subject matter expert for existing platforms to include but not limited to: Microsoft Office, Microsoft Forms/Surveys, SharePoint, Power BI, etc.
- Partner with leadership stakeholders on regional initiatives
- Attend meetings as representative for the Regional Leadership Team as applicable (minimal travel, less than 5% of time in position).
- Provides other reporting and communications support as directed by the MSB Area Vice President or VP, Marriott Select Brands Franchising and MxM
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION
- Minimum five (5) years of progressively responsible work experience (including strong project management experience) in hotels or in an above-property environment.
- Must be a self-starter who can work independently, meet deadlines and be a strong team player that contributes to the effectiveness of the broader MI team.
- Must have exceptional communication and is able to articulate compelling ideas.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with both internal and external stakeholders; influences without direct authority.
- MSB MXM hotel experience or knowledge of operations across all departments.
- Multi-brand experience preferred.
- Knowledge of or experience in hotel openings is preferred.
- Strong verbal, computer and written communication skills.
- Bachelor degree in hotel management, culinary arts or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired.
This position requires proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment, subject to applicable law. If you are offered employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation request is received and approved.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International is the world's largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?