Job Description For Casual Server (Banquets)
Job Number 22134138
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location The Ritz-Carlton Perth, 1 Barrack Street, Perth, Western Australia, Australia VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Non-Management
About the Company
- Increased HIGA Award Rates from July 2022
- Beautiful location on the Elizabeth Quay waterfront
- Training and Career Development opportunities within an international brand
- Discounts on hotel rooms and food and beverage within Marriott
- Discounts on retail venues around the location
- Recognition and wellbeing programs
- Free Employee Meals
Owned by multinational developer, Far East Consortium, The Ritz-Carlton, Perth is a prominent anchor point within Perth's Elizabeth Quay development. Sitting just 30 metres from the waterfront, the 205-room hotel occupies a 28-storey tower, which also includes a selection of impressive residential apartments. The Ritz-Carlton, Perth, together with The Towers at Elizabeth Quay, an upscale residential development located beside the hotel, sits atop exclusive retail space, fine-dining experiences, and waterfront access. The Ritz-Carlton, Perth also offers guests world-class amenities, including four distinctive restaurants and bars. The hotel is also ideally positioned to accommodate conference and meeting space demand in the city with 2,000 square metres of conference space, including a spacious 572 square metres ballroom fitted with the latest AV technology. Other facilities at the hotel include a Fitness Centre, which offers a gym, spa, and outdoor infinity swimming pool, while an open-roof courtyard with tropical, landscaped gardens creates a resort feel in a bustling city. About the Role
Use your customer service skills to provide guests with a personalized and memorable experience. Duties
Skills & Experience
- Respond to and try to fulfill any special banquet event arrangements requested by guest.
- Set up banquet area/room, ensuring cleanliness and proper set up of furniture/equipment.
- Serve food and beverages to the table promptly following appropriate procedures.
- Communicate with the kitchen regarding menu questions, dietary requirements and special requests.
- Maintain cleanliness and condition of working area.
- Responsible Service of Alcohol from Nationally Accredited Training provider (RSA)
- COVID Hygiene Certificate (from Australian Hotels Association)
- Experience working in customer service role preferable
- Passion for customer service
- Unrestricted working rights for Australia
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to go through our selection process.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
At more than 100 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service the world over. We invite you to explore The Ritz-Carlton.