Dubai/United Arab Emirates UAE
Job Role :
Executive Sous Chef
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Chef de Cuisine - Torno Subito
Posting Date May 13, 2022
Job Number 22077327
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location W Dubai - The Palm, West Crescent, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Brand W Hotels
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
Boldly coloring outside the lines of luxury, W turns the traditional notion of the extravagant hotel on its head. Our irreverent attitude and taste for excess redefine revelry for the modern jet set. Our guests have a lust for a life less ordinary that drives them to demand more, experience it all, and hit repeat.
We share our guests' passions, providing insider access to what's new and what's next. Moderation is not in our vocabulary and we know that lust for life demands more, not less. W guests soak it in and live each day with a mantra: Detox.Retox.Repeat. If you're ready to create the energetic W scene that is magnetic to everyday disruptors around the world, then we invite you to explore a career with W Hotels.
Accountable for the quality, consistency and production of the restaurant kitchen. Exhibits culinary talents by personally performing tasks while leading the staff and managing all food related functions. Coordinates menus, purchasing, staffing and food preparation for the property's restaurant. Works with team to improve guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget. Must ensure sanitation and food standards are achieved. Develops and trains team to improve results.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES Ensuring Culinary Standards and Responsibilities are Met for Restaurant
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
- At least 10 years of culinary experience in the field (preferably worked in Italian restaurants)
- At least 3 years of International experience
- Preferably had an experience in a Michelin-starred restaurant
- Italian Speaking is preferred
Leading Kitchen Team
- Develops, designs, or creates new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including artistic contributions for restaurant.
- Supervises restaurant kitchen shift operations and ensures compliance with all Food & Beverage policies, standards and procedures.
- Maintains food preparation handling and correct storage standards.
- Recognizes superior quality products, presentations and flavor.
- Plans and manages food quantities and plating requirements for the restaurant.
- Communications production needs to key personnel.
- Assists in developing daily and seasonal menu items for the restaurant.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
- Estimates daily restaurant production needs.
- Prepares and cooks foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
- Checks the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Determines how food should be presented and creates decorative food displays.
Establishing and Maintaining Restaurant Kitchen Goals
- Supervises and coordinates activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation.
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Leads shift teams while personally preparing food items and executing requests based on required specifications.
- Supervises and manages restaurant kitchen employees. Managing all day-to-day operations. Understanding employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Serving as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Ensuring and maintaining the productivity level of employees.
- Ensures employees are cross-trained to support successful daily operations.
- Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensures employees do the same within the team.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Sets and supports achievement of kitchen goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
- Developing specific guidance and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish daily kitchen operations work.
- Understands the impact of kitchen operation on the overall property financial goals and objectives and manages to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Effectively investigates, reports and follows-up on employee accidents.
- Knows and implements company safety standards.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
- Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Manages day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
- Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Handles guest problems and complaints.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Participates in training restaurant staff on menu items including ingredients, preparation methods and unique tastes.
- Manages employee progressive discipline procedures.
- Participates in the employee performance appraisal process, providing feedback as needed.
- Uses all available on the job training tools for employees.
- Assists as needed in the interviewing and hiring of employee team members with appropriate skills.
MANAGEMENT COMPETENCIES Leadership
- Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings.
- Adaptability - Determines how change impacts self and others; displays flexibility in adjusting priorities; and communicates both the reasons for change and how it impacts the workplace.
- Communication - Customizes approach to conveying complex information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner; appropriately interprets verbal and non-verbal behavior; and models active listening to ensure understanding..
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Models and coaches others on breaking complex issues into manageable parts, identifying and evaluating alternatives and their implications before making decisions, and involving and gaining agreement from others when making key decisions.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Building and Contributing to Teams - Leads and participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements for self and/or others to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company's service standards.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
- Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of team assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
- Talent Management - Provides guidance and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
- Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach team, business, and administrative challenges.
- Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges
- Basic Cookery - Knowledge of procedures and techniques for mixing, thawing, baking, and cooking, measurement tools, recipe execution (expanding and condensing as necessary), and methods for innovative preparation and presentation.
- Food Production and Presentation - Knowledge of techniques and equipment for preparing and presenting food products (both plant and animal) for consumption, including storage/handling techniques and sanitation standards.
- Cooking - Ability to prepare and present meals utilizing culinary principles, standards, techniques and equipment (e.g., grilling, sautéing, broiling, baking, using decorative food displays, following recipes).
- Food Storage and Rotation - Knowledge of procedures and temperatures for storing and rotating food stock in coolers, refrigerators, freezers, dry storage, etc. to maintain freshness ("First In, First Out"). This includes preparing, labeling, dating, rotating, and pulling perishable foods and drinks in accordance with storage guidelines; identifying food products that do not meet company or compliance standards; and knowledge of policies and procedures for discarding food items or products.
- Food and Beverage Sanitation - Knowledge of procedures and techniques for kitchen maintenance, cleaning, and use of sanitation systems; use of grease trap; trash (compactor(s), Baler operation, dish machines, and other equipment. Knowledge of techniques for care and cleaning of silver, stainless steel, and dish machines.
- Food Handling - Knowledge of basic food handling policies and procedures, as well as the procedures for assisting cooks in serving or preparing food.
- Kitchen Maintenance - Knowledge of general maintenance procedures and standards of cleanliness for the food storage and preparation areas.
- Kitchen Tools and Equipment - The ability to use and store kitchen tools (e.g., cutting tools, knives, tongs, slicers, spatulas) and ability to use kitchen equipment (e.g., grills, ovens, steam tables, deep fryers, kettles) properly and safely.
- Cleaning the Kitchen - The ability to properly and safely clean and maintain kitchen floors, walls, and ceilings, including meal wall guards, overhead fans and hoods, and floor drains. This includes correctly choosing and applying appropriate chemicals and/or products. This includes knowing the right equipment to use for each job.
- Purchasing and Materials Management - Knowledge of practices and procedures needed to maintain material, equipment and supplies; including vendor identification and contract negotiation, supply requisition and purchasing, and inventory control.
- Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - Demonstrates ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - Demonstrates ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension - Demonstrates understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
- Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.