Job Description For Chef de Partie
Job Number 22132850
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Peterborough Marriott Hotel, Peterborough Business Park Lynch Wood, Peterborough, CAMBRIDGESHIRE, United Kingdom VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Non-Management
Part of Marriott International, the world's largest hospitality brand with over 6,000 properties in more than 120 countries and territories, we are ideally situated on 11 acres of lush, immaculately landscaped grounds. We offer a world class working environment, with a team of solid hospitality professionals across the hotel striving to create brilliant experiences for our guests. The hotel is opposite the East of England Showground and close to the A1 for an easy commute.
We are now recruiting for a dynamic and passionate Chef de Partie to join our Kitchen team.
Flexible and part time working will be considered for the right person!
£11.85 - £12.88 per hour and advancement opportunities
What you will do
As our new Chef de Partie you will be responsible for:
What we're looking for
- Prepare special meals and substitute items
- Prepare food to Marriott standards and according to company specifications across Market Kitchen, Bar, Room Service and Events
- Monitor the quantity and quality of food that is prepared by the kitchen
- Maintain food logs and adhere to all components of food hygiene
- Anticipate and address Guests needs
- Support the recruitment, orientation and ongoing training and coaching of Commis Chefs, Kitchen Porters and Kitchen Assistants
- A passionate chef with the experience to coach and mentor others
- A team-player attitude with the ability to work across sections
- A proactive, problem solving approach to working in a fast-paced environment
Perks you deserve
- Positive outlook and dependability
"Take care of your employees and they'll take care of the guests" is the philosophy of our founder. At Marriott, caring for people and the community is part of who we are.
In addition to the fantastic benefits you would expect from a brand of our calibre, Huntingdon Marriott Hotel will offer you the following:
- £11.85 - £12.88 per hour and advancement opportunities
- 28 holidays (including Bank holidays) which increases with length of service
- Uniform & Dry cleaning
- Meals on duty
- TakeCare Wellbeing Program
- Complimentary on site parking
- Discounted Leisure Club membership
- Hotel Room Discounts with Marriott brands worldwide
- Discounts on Food and Beverages, as well as retail discounts in our gift shops, at Marriott hotels around the globe
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment™.