Job Description For Chef de Rang
Job Number 22202290
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location The London EDITION, 10 Berners Street, London, London, United Kingdom VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Non-Management
Berners Tavern at The London EDITION is looking for its next Chef de Rang!
Would you like a job that gives you...
- Discounted accommodation in over 9,000 hotels all over the world. Yes, 9,000!
- £5 breakfast when staying in any of our European hotels
- Discounted food & drink in all our restaurants and bars
- Discounts for your friends and family
- Free gym membership
- Wellness and mental health programmes
- Flexible Scheduling
- 20 Holiday days (increasing with length of service)
- World class training and development, including leadership development and WSET
- Unlimited career opportunities (internationally and locally)
- Half price cinema tickets
- Specially curated discounts in thousands of shops
- Amazing staff parties
- ...and much more
We are looking for a friendly, warm and service-oriented Chef de Rang to join the team at the award-winning restaurant Berners Tavern in The London EDITION hotel.
This gastronomic gem under the direction of our Chef Partner Jason Atherton boasts 140 covers, serving guests for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Berners Tavern is located in central London's Fitzrovia at The London EDITION and brings together, in a delicate balancing act, the integrity and character of a historic building with a simple, sophisticated design sensibility, creating a seamless blend of charisma and ease.
As Chef de Rang in Berners Tavern you will be responsible for:
- Supporting the Head Waiter within the restaurant efficiently and professionally
- Understanding the menu and preparation of dishes
- Completing the set-up of the restaurant
- Creating lasting memories for all our guests and building rapport with our regular guests
- Maintaining our service standards
What we are looking for:
- Experience working in a high volume restaurant bar
- A fire in your belly for true hospitality is a must
- Prior experience in luxury or an upscale environment
- A team player, hard worker, and detail oriented
- Flexible and willing to meet the demands of a 24-hour operation
EDITION Hotels combine the visionary genius of boutique hotelier Ian Schrager, the service delivery of a world-class luxury hotel, and the global reach of Marriott International to create an entirely new experience in the world of hospitality. Our hotels are stunning microcosms of the world's top cities, featuring the finest in dining, entertainment, nightlife, and service to create an enchanting experience that makes your spirit soar.
If this sounds like the perfect place for you, apply to be our next Chef de rang today!
EDITION is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
EDITION Hotels combine the visionary genius of boutique hotelier Ian Schrager, the service delivery of a world-class luxury hotel, and the global reach of Marriott International to create an entirely new experience in the world of hospitality. Our hotels are stunning microcosms of the world's top cities, featuring the finest in dining, entertainment, nightlife, and service to create an enchanting experience that makes your spirit soar!
But to create this magical experience, we need you.
EDITION is hiring warm, out-going, authentically amazing people who are looking for a place to work that inspires them, challenges them and makes them proud to come to work. A place where service comes from the heart, not from a handbook. A place that delivers a never-ending theatrical performance that continuously delights and enchants each and every one of our guests.
We invite you to join us today.