Industry : Other Industry
Department : Front of House
Location : Melbourne, Australia
Level : Supervisor
Posted : 24 Nov 2022
Job Role : Concierge
Recruiter : Marriott International
Job Ref : HOZ63704
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type :
Validate Through : 2022-12-27
Salary Range (monthly): USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Number 22204075
Job Category Rooms & Guest Services Operations
Location W Melbourne, 408 Flinders Lane, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
The Chief Concierge is responsible for the management of all aspects of Living Room Concierge functions in accordance with the Hotel, Les Clef d'Or and 5 Star Standards. Responsibilities includes: Hire, train and supervise Concierge, Welcome Ambassador and Wheels talents. Directs all day to day operations of the concierge desk ensuring guest satisfaction and loyalty. Complete performance reviews and set talent schedules. Compile individually tailored itineraries according to guest needs and expectations. Monitor department budget to control costs/oversee payroll. Contract Transportation services. Participate in Management Meetings and overall hotel operations. Conduct regular talent audits to maintain a consistent high standard. Participate and hold leadership positions in local, domestic and international Concierge Congress communities.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 3 years experience in the guest services, front desk, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration or related major; 1 year experience in the guest services, front desk, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Maintaining Concierge Goals
• Supervises day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
• Assists in development of specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work.
• Keeps concierge team focused on the critical components of operations to drive guest satisfaction and the desired financial results.
• Understands the impact of department's operations on the overall property financial goals and objectives and manages to achieve or exceed goals.
• Establishes an effective database to be used by all team members for restaurant and local attractions.
• Establishes relationships with local attractions, restaurants and other businesses to enhance guests' experiences.
• Provides recommendations and arranges services for guests as requested (e.g., car rental, airline and train tickets, office services, beauty and barber services, baby sitting, repairs, shopping).
• Maintains awareness of cultural differences needed to meet guest's specific needs and requirements.
• Provides check-in and check-out services and handles reservations when needed.
• Maintains knowledge of rooms and their locations, services and facilities of the hotel.
• Confirms repeat and VIP guests are receiving appropriate service and verifies their requests are carried out.
• Responds to emergency situations using appropriate procedures.
• Maintains awareness of daily operations and events at the hotel.
• Maintains knowledge of daily house-count, arrivals/departures, VIPs, scheduled in-house group names, background, activities, locations, and times as well as special requests/arrangements
• Provides warm welcome and anticipation of guest needs throughout their stay.
• Inspects grooming and attire of staff and makes recommendations for immediate rectification of any deficiencies.
Supervising Concierge Team
• Supervises all activities of concierge team.
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Takes part in building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Serving as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Supervises employees and all day-to-day operations. Understands employee duties well enough to perform them in employees' absence.
• Maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and encourages employees do the same within the team.
• Verifies concierge team effectively handles guest requests and adheres to all hotel policies, procedures and standards while striving towards total guest satisfaction.
• Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
• Verifies that regular on-going communication is happening with employees to create awareness of business objectives and communicate expectations, recognizes performance, and produces desired results.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Promotes an atmosphere where concierge team provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
• Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on quality of product, service levels and overall satisfaction.
• Verifies employees understand customer service expectations and parameters.
Supporting Human Resource Activities
• Supports the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an "open door" policy and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
• Brings issues concerning employee satisfaction to the attention of the department manager and Human Resources.
• Assists as needed in the interviewing and hiring of employee team members with the appropriate skills.
• Supports a departmental orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
• Participates in employee progressive discipline procedures.
• Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
• Participates in departmental meetings and continually communicates a clear and consistent message regarding the front of house goals to produce desired results.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Boldly coloring outside the lines of luxury, W turns the traditional notion of the extravagant hotel on its head. Our irreverent attitude and taste for excess redefine revelry for the modern jet set. Our guests have a lust for a life less ordinary that drives them to demand more, experience it all, and hit repeat.
We share our guests' passions, providing insider access to what's new and what's next. Moderation is not in our vocabulary and we know that lust for life demands more, not less. W guests soak it in and live each day with a mantra: Detox.Retox.Repeat. If you're ready to create the energetic W scene that is magnetic to everyday disruptors around the world, then we invite you to explore a career with W Hotels.